Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. (4869 Views)

Clean Registered 2002 Peugeot 406 For Sale By Owner price reduced to 400k / 2002 Peugeot 407 / 2002 Peugeot 406 (manual) For N1.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2012
Goodday Dealers
Need a Very Clean Peugeot 406 Manual Transmission from Lagos or contonou
Car should come from Belgium,france or other Europe Countries that Use Left handed cars

Millage-Reasonable
All components should be in Good working conditions and Complete papers
Car Needed this week.let me in on offers available.thanks PS:Only the Specified model is needed I don't want suggestions out of the Range
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 26, 2012
Offers...Anyone?
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Dealers in the house...wow no offers?
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Poster,

This thread has proven that almost all Peugeot 406 imported by car dealers here are from UK (RHD). If I were you, I would make plans on how visit the Cotonu myself & specifically ask for 406 5 speed manual from other Euro countries, other than UK.

But you cant just be requesting for any 406 manual trans. 406 has various of I4 engines, 1.8 Petrol. 2.0 petrol, & HDI (Diesel) engines. In Uk, the HDI engines sold more than the petrol engines. HDI engines are very economical in fuel, about 50 mpg in motorways & 45 mpg in cities, unlike the petrol that gets about 35 mpg in the city & 38 mpg in motorways. Unfortunately, parts availability & technical know how of our mechanics in Peugeot Diesels will pose a big problem for a 406 HDI user in Nigeria.

We also have a 406 3.0 litre V6 (series 2), which develops 211 bhp at 5600 rpm. This is a car I am looking forward to own next, whenever i decide to change my second car, 605 V6. And it must be a manual transmission too.

So, it all depends on the engine type you want, which you will get manual trans on any of them. Check 406 review online, to determine the the engine you would want.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Thanks Ikenna, really appreciate your write up.

Most auto tranny 406 av come across usually have transmission issues,that's why am stuck on manual.

for the engine seize I have no particular Specification of chocie.1.8 or 2.0 is fine by me.its

I really don't like when cars are worked on.that's why my choice for a left hand.(Seen some in the uk for £600-1k)
I guess that's why dealers prefer uk specs lol
Am presently in abuja that's why I can't go to cotonou.av bought several cars on nairaland from Jenju,bizzbooks and carshopper who is also a close pal.

I guess if there are no offers I'll make searches here in the north.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/901227/peugeot-406-2.0l-engine-16v#10473380

All things been equal I'll be waiting for frenchbase 406 to come...if we seal the deal there will be a detailed photo story from inspection to delivery
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by olanshi: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
Check this out too.

You can email me on greatolanshi@gmail.com

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Olanshi thanks for the suggestion...but it doesn't fit my spec.am out for a saloon and a 2000 model up that has the new body design
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hi Babs,

I also stay in Abuja, Area 1, precisely. If you eventually close the deal with the 406 2.0 from France, I would like to come & see the Lion for myself.

I actually have two Lions: 505 V6 5speed manual & 605 V6 5speed manual. My 505 V6 was impoted from France too & its my main car, though it has some injection issues which am yet to sort out. My 605 V6 is my daily driver. The body is no longer in MINT condition like my 505 V6, but its a damn good handler.

I like Peugeots. Am yet to drive a car that handles as good as they do. Like I noted earlier, 406 V6 3.0 5speed manual will be a replacement of my 605 V6, whenever am ready.

I like my 605 V6, but I love my 505 V6.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 5:24am On Mar 29, 2012
here are some pictures for u Babs.

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 5:25am On Mar 29, 2012
more pics

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 29, 2012
Ikenna that's cool as soon as the deal is sealed and the car gets to abuja I'll surely like you in on it

I'll also like to give full detailed information from inspection to collection to delivery in pictures.I think this will also help the credibility of the dealer.I havnt still seen any of the dealers I got my cars from till date.

Frencbase thanks for updating the thread I hope the estimated time of arrival will still be as planned.I sent you an email.awaiting your reply
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
babs,

i haven't receive your mail.
as i said its due to arrive Nigeria on the 3rd of April will update you by week if there is any changes.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
babs2aroks: Ikenna that's cool as soon as the deal is sealed and the car gets to abuja I'll surely like you in on it

I'll also like to give full detailed information from inspection to collection to delivery in pictures.I think this will also help the credibility of the dealer.I havnt still seen any of the dealers I got my cars from till date.

Frencbase thanks for updating the thread I hope the estimated time of arrival will still be as planned.I sent you an email.awaiting your reply

Ok. Would like to come & feed my eyes when you finally acquired one. My mobile number is 08052811236. My email address is iykefrankjackie@yahoo.co.uk Text me your email address, to be mailing you tips or what it takes to keep a Lion on the road. My office is at Zone 1.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 30, 2012
Ok Ikenna I'll send you the details soon.

Frenchbase...sent an email this morning.I hope we are goin on course.looking foward to its arrival.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
After much debates and exchange of mails with frenchbase.The Car arrived Nigeria last week and finally left the Ports Yesterday 10/04/2012.Am not in Lagos but Carshopper will handle the Rest of the Transaction.

Pictures will soon be uploaded.

Once delivery is made more pictures will be uploaded too.

I can tell you frecnhbase is a Nice Person and Someone you can deal with.

Carshopper is My personal Person and His efficency is Good too.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
Lagos

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Congrats!

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Carshopper(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
i have neva met babs2aroks before (na big man ooooo-hahahahaha) but we have done bizness well. I help him handle inspection, payments and delivery most of the time. Its always an honor when i see a txt or mail from him requesting my assistance.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
TO ALL- Frenchbase has Sold the Car to Someone else

To my Suprise After 17days of Exchanging Emails and Calls the Car arrived and the Price Agreed own was Sent.

To My dissapointment I received an Email this Evening that the car Has been Sold to Another Client for a better offer.

What Really Saddens me the Most is TIME WASTED on waiting for the Car(17days) Had offers Cheaper But I wanted to Create Trust and Open Market for Him.I Guess he has his Reasons for not selling to me.
This is My first Experience of Such kind of Business and I hope not to engage in such again!.

Disregard Everything on this thread.thanks
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
babs ,

i would have so much appreciate it if you did made mention number of time i did call directly from Europe and why it was sold to someone else.
as i have said, this is my very first time to break a deal that as been concluded, and this was due to the extra charges incurred at the port from Customs base on the fact that a mistake was made on the BL and despite the correction back here(Europe) they insisted on we giving them some certain amount of money.
well i have tender my apologies, i guess no one on earth will want or love to do business and lose money.
ones more, to all and babs am deeply sorry things didn't work out the way it was planed.

ps: i posted the advert on nairaland 15day ago, and you contacted me a day after, that's 14days ago.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Carshopper(m): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2012
@frenchbase

I am not going to say things that may look or sound disrespectful. Bizness is bizness and you are the owner of ur ride. But 2day when I met your 'brother' during the inspection he mention to me that you started using tin can recently and found out the prices was the same, he never mentioned any error on d BL none did ur agent say anyting on that.

Funny I suspected sumtin wld go wrong bcus ur brother told sum1 in yoruba that he ws taking the ride to ibadan (he didn't knw I undstood yoruba) and when I confronted him with that he said he ws going to come back to Lagos 2morw. I said I wld lk to make payments 2day but he kept giving one excuse or the other, so I said 10am 2morw I will make payments.

I don't indulge in bizness where honesty and truthfulness isn't held in high regards. I got to knw babs on this forum and he has bought a number of rides via me witout even knowing or meeting me. I handle most of his transaction within Lagos, that is honesty and truthfulness.

I was really sad when you said you sold to some1 else cus of a slight difference. But note sumting- your ASKING PRICE posted ws met - So why the sudden change when transaction ws 95percent done
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by doofanc: 4:33am On Apr 12, 2012
Hmmm, the day when naija businessmen start to value their integrity. . .
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 5:35am On Apr 12, 2012
doofanc,

i am a man of integrity and does i have worked for can confirm it. anyway i think as and adult you should first understand what happened before judging anyone or come to a conclusion. if this doesn't workout with my client doesn't mean i won't or i can't make it up to him in future.
thanks
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 6:04am On Apr 12, 2012
Carshopper,

i appreciate your level of maturity. honestly there is nothing i will say i guess that will make you believe am telling you the truth.
one thing i want you guys to know is this if i was not willing to sell the car to Babs i will never have called him. i called Babs on this business directly with my own phone from France more than 5 time(i was the one calling Babs). i also did call you too(non of you did called me), i guess that should have showed my wiliness to sell the car to him.
i got the information from my brother around 5pm that he as found someone else willing to pay 1.1m, and said he as sold it. you have his number(yinka) you can call him. he handles everything, and thank God you saw him.i am a very busy man, i handle a very sensitive post at DHL france, i didn't have time to follow you guys up yesterday not still when i closed in the evening.
let me ask you one question, if i wasn't willing to sell the car to Bas will i have called him yesterday, and the same time call you because i couldn't reach him on phone.
on that which concerns the BL, Babs was aware that there was a mistake on it. i am an open person, a christian and a minister with the RCCG, i will not lie to you.
on the other hand, it is truth that this is the first time am going through lagos, and i decided to take lagos this time arround because verytime i go through contoun i spend or my brother takes nothing less than 250k to deliver the car to IB. pls note that i don't live in Nigeria my brother handles very things for me back there, i have never meet the people he deals with.
back to the BL issue, pls find attach a copy of the BL. the car you inspected yesterday is a 2000 model and the Bl its written 1995. the second mistake is the weight. i did the amendment back here but they called me and said no i still have to settle.
thank God you can ask femmy2010 his was to clear the car for me because i wanted to try an outsider. pls be free to call or contact femmy just to confirm my version.

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2012
attached

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by femmy2010(m): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2012
frenchbase: Carshopper,

i appreciate your level of maturity. honestly there is nothing i will say i guess that will make you believe am telling you the truth.
one thing i want you guys to know is this if i was not willing to sell the car to Babs i will never have called him. i called Babs on this business directly with my own phone from France more than 5 time(i was the one calling Babs). i also did call you too(non of you did called me), i guess that should have showed my wiliness to sell the car to him.
i got the information from my brother around 5pm that he as found someone else willing to pay 1.1m, and said he as sold it. you have his number(yinka) you can call him. he handles everything, and thank God you saw him.i am a very busy man, i handle a very sensitive post at DHL france, i didn't have time to follow you guys up yesterday not still when i closed in the evening.
let me ask you one question, if i wasn't willing to sell the car to Bas will i have called him yesterday, and the same time call you because i couldn't reach him on phone.
on that which concerns the BL, Babs was aware that there was a mistake on it. i am an open person, a christian and a minister with the RCCG, i will not lie to you.
on the other hand, it is truth that this is the first time am going through lagos, and i decided to take lagos this time arround because verytime i go through contoun i spend or my brother takes nothing less than 250k to deliver the car to IB. pls note that i don't live in Nigeria my brother handles very things for me back there, i have never meet the people he deals with.
back to the BL issue, pls find attach a copy of the BL. the car you inspected yesterday is a 2000 model and the Bl its written 1995. the second mistake is the weight. i did the amendment back here but they called me and said no i still have to settle.
thank God you can ask femmy2010 his was to clear the car for me because i wanted to try an outsider. pls be free to call or contact femmy just to confirm my version.

I am sure of the fact that any altered arrangement was never directed by frenchbase but a sole decision of his brother(Yinka).
We equally had a clearing arrangement but the same brother altered it so I am using this medium to plead with Babs that this occurrence was just one of those things beyond frenchbase's power.
He is somebody that always keeps to his word and am sure you guys would have bigger dealings than this in the not too distance future.
Remember,IT IS A SMALL WORLD.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Carshopper(m): 6:51am On Apr 12, 2012
People seem to miss the point- TIME wasted can never be gotten back. Am not saying that he can't sell his vehicle to any one whom he choses. But when you want to sell a ride @ a certain amount and such amount has been met 95percent, I don't see a reason why his brother will now come and say 'I have found some1 willing to pay higher-so let's sell to him'.

I didn't make payments ystday cus of 2 reasons

1. The brother told me they have to offload some things in the booth of the ride.

2. The AC wasn't working but his mechanic said we just have to fill the gas. So I said once they offload the things they should fill d gas and I will refund them when am picking up the ride.

Doing bizness is TIME- I took TIME out to meet up with frenchbase brother.

Assuming Babs had paid directly into their account (which he wntd to do) it would mean they would refund him becus they found sum1 who paid slightly higher?
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2012
Somethings I want to clear out

1st Frenchbase I was the one who called you the 1st day I saw your add. You got my missed calls and called back @ morning.Regards to communication we exchange emails daily.I Appreciate you take time to call when its necessary.

2nd.When I Tired your number to no avail yesterday evening(that's b4 we spoke).I Spoke to your brother yinka and he kept acting like he didn't no anything about the car.He personally told he "Maybe" you've sold the car that the car doesn't belong to him etc...he kept been silent like he wasn't the same person I called and spoke to a couple a days

3rd.AS For Me I wouldn't go far with someone in a business and dissappoint the person on the last day.I didn't Price your car badly,I was will to Pay the "Asking price".
I'll quote some dealers "its better I make cents from different clients than make a dollar from one" I had a Similar issue when I got a honda accord from the US.the exchange rate had risen after the agreement and the dealer was willing to bear the cost(not that I expect you too) but it all boils down to business ethics..you win some you lose some.

Like I'll still say it all goes down to TIME WASTED...I had people that had seem the pictures from france down to lagos then the next thing I'll say now is car has been sold to someone else
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 7:56am On Apr 12, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]femmy,

thanks alot for your understanding.

carshopper,

as i have said i wish i could deal directly with my clients without going through family or friend.
pls ones again i do accpet this blame. i understand that Babs as wasted time and money.
but one this i want us to know as femmy said "its a small world". babs is a car dealer i can still work with him. i learn everyday, i know what happend did happened because i wasn't there.
anyway pls put the blame one me.
i look forward to renewing my image with Babs soon.
thanks to all reader for you understanding.

regarding your questions:
1. The brother told me they have to offload some things in the booth of the ride. = it is true i loaded the car with covertion part, which i believe you saw in the car. they are parts for a client i do supply at ladipo

2. The AC wasn't working but his mechanic said we just have to fill the gas. So I said once they offload the things they should fill d gas and I will refund them when am picking up the ride.= yes the ac wasn't working because the car was bought in winter, back here is cold no need for ac. when i received a call from my brother that you complained about the ac, i took my time to call babs and he told me that his ok with that. we agreed that he was going to fix it himself, and that was ok with me. ask babs
"pls one thing i didn't understand is my brother doesn't leave in Lagos so how come is mechanic said we just have to fill the gas"
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2012
Frenchbase I guess its just a deal gone bad...the car was intended for personal use...I drive a toyota camry and I wanted a 2nd car to flog around...not a car dealer.

I prefer Amercian Imports.406 is the only car I could get from europe.I'll just locally source for another one.
There's no way I'll be able to wait for another one coming from france
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 8:38am On Apr 12, 2012
babs,

i really don't know what to say. but i want you to know that if i was there things wouldn't have happend this way.
i am not surprised went you said by brother acted as if he never knew you before. i remember telling you that i do supply some people in abuja but that i wanted to supply different people this time around been that they are his client and not mine. this as open up my eye, he has sold 4 (406) for me at 1m, but this time he sold it for 1.1m which still kept me doubting that the car was not sold for that price. but that's a family problem i will have to solve myself.

i want you to know that if am after money or a bad person i won't care about replying. but i feel bad the way this deal ended, it not as planed.

pls, i know i have dissapointed you and all your buyer that you have presented the car too, but pls if you believe i can still make it up to you than give me a second chance.
i still have 406 left here with me that i can ship this week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Scanners Important For Your Cars / A Nigerian Used 2005 Mode NISSAN Pathfinder Forsale.............. / Toyota Camry 2003 Model (full Option) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.