Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. (4876 Views)

Clean Registered 2002 Peugeot 406 For Sale By Owner price reduced to 400k / 2002 Peugeot 407 / 2002 Peugeot 406 (manual) For N1.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2012
@Frenchbase,

All you are saying is crap. You own the car, not your brother. You decide the price & whom to sell to, not your brother. Too bad you dont have a reliable brother to do business with. Its a different thing when you dont have a buyer & leave it in your brother's hand to deal with. But not when you have met a buyer & agreed to sell to him. you now telling us that your brother's decision of whom to sell to is final? What goes around, comes around! Always have that in mind.

@ Babs,

It has happened. Consider the disappointment as a blessing in disguise. If I were you, I wouldnt pay for a car I didnot see with my korokoro eyes! Taliking from experience. I made that mistake when i purchased my 505 V6 last year which was shipped also from France. Uptil today, the car is barely driven (Serious injection issues). You can come & see the car in my place for yourself, since you stay in Abuja too. Like I earlier said, I must inspect & test drive a car before i pay. I sourced for the 505 V6 in Europe because its a rare car & not available in Nigeria for sale, & I also needed one in MINT condition. Am still wondering why you decided to source for the 406 outside Abuja, when there are hundreds of tokunbo 406 all over Abuja for sale. Even though some might be RHD to LHD converts, but you will definitely get many of them in MINT conditions from LHD euro contries. Unless price of 406s in Abuja here is the hindrance. If I have chance, I will assist in the hunt here in Abuja. But they are so many in all places in town where vehicles are sold. If you need help, all you need is ask. You will get a good one, a non-convert, a phase 2 406, in MINT condition here in Abuja. Stop looking elsewhere.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 10:32am On Apr 12, 2012
Ikenna351,
pls note that i don't appreciate insult.so pls be moderate with you word(All you are saying is crap) i have made alot of explanation here on this thread and i believe does who have gone through such situation will understand me better.
should in case you didn't read the thread from the bringning here is a recap of what happend again just for you so as to enable you understand better.
i concluded with Babs over night and asked them to see with my brother to pick up the car. babs agent(Carshopper) did inspected the car and concluded with my brother on when and how the money will be transfer. i was at work busy didn't call any of them apart from babs about the A/C issue.
at around 5pm he called me that his at still at ladipo and that he as sold the car and the part inside of it. now what can i do.he as taking the money from the payer and his on his way already before he called me.i was left with no option than to call Babs myself and break the news to him.
pls note if i have no feel for Babs as a brother i will never reply any of this thread. but just to show how bad i feel i had too.
there is nothing i can say that will or may change the past.
but one thing am sure of is that this happend for a good reason. the question i now ask myself is, it for my favour or that of babs or my brother.

i hope this as anwsred your question.

pls if you don't still believe that was busy at office, you can call DHL france and ask of me,and what post i handle, below is my information.
thanks

Best regards/ Cordialement

Emmanuel Agboola

Coordinator Control Tower

DHL Freight France

19, Boulevard du Courcerin

Lognes Pariest – BP 80

77312 Marne La Vallée Cedex 2

Mobile: + 33 (0) 6 18 80 73 20

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail / Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de nécessité
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ Frenchbase,

I have been following this thread right from the begining, the day you started the thread. So, don't get me wrong. Am not here to kill your reputation. Yes, I called it crap because the reasons you gave are not good enough, if I were in Babs shoes. Put yourself in his shoes and see if that will go down well with you. It was a deal.You don't break deals in business. Doing that will kill your name, integrity or reputation & will scare away others from dealing with you in business. The result of breaking that deal has resulted to this. Even if it must be broken, it has to be mutual, so that each party shakes hands with each other and move on, not feeling offended. Am not a bussiness man, but I know the basics in business. Reputation, name or integrity is more important than profit. Always think of huge profits to make tomorrow or in future, and not today's profit. Thats how billionaires are made!

Am sorry, if i had sounded rude in my previous post. But those reasons would be annoying to whoever reads it. If you knew you were not the one to sell the car, you should stay out of the it (i.e. allowing your brother to do the selling). But you started the advert or posted the car for sale, only for another person to take over when the car arrived,meaning, he had his own plans for the car all those while you started this thread, making nonsence of this thread & people that indicated interest in the car on the thread. You need to sort this issue with your brother: who does the selling? If not you, then, dont bother to post the adverts of cars you ship, because it will result to this again. Its your business & integerity that is on the line here, not mine or babs.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by khufu: 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ frenchbase,
The buck stops on your table as regards the deal. I think you should let your brother understand your integrity and reputation is at stake in future deals and transactions. If he (your brother) has to make extra money on cars, include it in your quotations ab initio. That way, he would not soil your reputation by his greed.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
khufu,

thanks for your understand.
as i have said, i have learn from my mistake and on that which concern future deal am sure things will change for good.

thanks to you all.
thanks to Babs for your understanding.

God bless you all.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
NEW DEVELOPMENT: after the dissappointing episode on this thread.

The Ball is now in frenchbase court
Am willing to wait if he can put a Mint 406 on the next ship down to Nigeria.So he Could Now Prove Himself
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by femmy2010(m): 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
babs2aroks: NEW DEVELOPMENT: after the dissappointing episode on this thread.

Am willing to wait if he can put a Mint 406 on the next ship down to Nigeria.So he Could Now Prove Himself

Am in love with your personalty.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2012
babs2aroks: NEW DEVELOPMENT: after the dissappointing episode on this thread.

In that case, go through the 406 review via this link:

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/peugeot/406/

It will help you a lot to make a better choice, things to look out for, what to expect as it age & how to fix some peculiar issues with 406. The reviews show that 406 HDIs (Diesels) are good options. They are more reliable and durable than the petrol engines, and can get up to 50 mpg in the cities. They are also smokeless & quiet, unlike the old school diesels we used to know. They are also very torquey! Phase 2 406 2.2 HDI develops 314 Nm at 2k rpm. An interesting ride! Unfortunately, HDI parts availabilty in Nigeria is a big hindrance to owning a 406 phase 2 HDI in Nigeria, unless one is ready to source for the parts in UK or other parts of Europe.

These are the things i wanted to enlighten you on, while making your choice, when i asked for your email address. Anyway, goodluck with the purchase. Hope you will learn a lot from the review.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2012
Thanks Ikenna...we are still on it...well Pricing issues and availablitiy have come up am insisitng on a 2.0L I4 engine...if nothing comes up I'll just X the deal since its a spare car
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Ikenna351(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
babs2aroks: Thanks Ikenna...we are still on it...well Pricing issues and availablitiy have come up am insisitng on a 2.0L I4 engine...if nothing comes up I'll just X the deal since its a spare car

Hey! I wouldnt advice that you give up on getting a 2nd car. Me too, I have a 2nd car. The 2nd car is my daily driver. Its the best: having a reliable & economy car that you use or drive daily to work & then have a main car, mostly use on weekends. Besides, its always good to have a back up. Having a 2nd car will reduce the stress & strain on your first car & both will last long. You dont have to be a big man to own & maintain two cars. Am a living testimony to that.

Yes. I like your choice. The 2.0 I4 is much better than the 1.8 petrol 406. 1.8 petrol can be very sluggish, especially when you add load to the enine, like the A/C. The engine will be struggling to hard to pull the car, thereby consuming too much fuel to do so, undermining the purpose of choosing I4 in the first place: economy. whatever you do, do not buy the phase 1 I4 2.0 petrol 406. The phase 1 I4 406 petrols suffered from ECU issues. And most of them were oil burners. Stick to the phase 2 (late 99 - 2004 models). Without doubt, 406 is a good damn relaible car. Not because am a Peugeot fan, but it was designed to be a road handler. So far, it is the only car produced by Peugeot after the 504 & 505 production, that is very rugged, reliable, with a good road handling. Remember, it was the last Peugeot product designed by Pininfarina, an Italian company that designed Ferrari. Don't give up on it, because you wont regret it when you get one. But you need to get a good one. Like I said earlier, am working on getting mine too, when am ready. But mine would be a V6, because I love torquey engines. But who knows, I may end up with I4 2.0 or 2.2 petrol, afterall.

Ikenna.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by jbrodaly(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2012
Op i wonder if you are still in need of a 406..You can check this link bruv:

https://www.nairaland.com/930805/peugeot-406-2001-model
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by globalfanz(m): 7:01am On May 15, 2012
@babs2aroks Did he finally deliver on the new deal. I also need to deal with him if he delivered. I need 406 2001 model V6 saloon french origin.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by jbrodaly(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2012
globalfanz: @babs2aroks Did he finally deliver on the new deal. I also need to deal with him if he delivered. I need 406 2001 model V6 saloon french origin.
How soon do you need it bruv?Why not mail me so we can discuss about it ?AUWALDOMA@yahoo.com
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2012
Ikenna351: @ Frenchbase,

I have been following this thread right from the begining, the day you started the thread. So, don't get me wrong. Am not here to kill your reputation. Yes, I called it crap because the reasons you gave are not good enough, if I were in Babs shoes. Put yourself in his shoes and see if that will go down well with you. It was a deal.You don't break deals in business. Doing that will kill your name, integrity or reputation & will scare away others from dealing with you in business. The result of breaking that deal has resulted to this. Even if it must be broken, it has to be mutual, so that each party shakes hands with each other and move on, not feeling offended. Am not a bussiness man, but I know the basics in business. Reputation, name or integrity is more important than profit. Always think of huge profits to make tomorrow or in future, and not today's profit. Thats how billionaires are made!

Am sorry, if i had sounded rude in my previous post. But those reasons would be annoying to whoever reads it. If you knew you were not the one to sell the car, you should stay out of the it (i.e. allowing your brother to do the selling). But you started the advert or posted the car for sale, only for another person to take over when the car arrived,meaning, he had his own plans for the car all those while you started this thread, making nonsence of this thread & people that indicated interest in the car on the thread. You need to sort this issue with your brother: who does the selling? If not you, then, dont bother to post the adverts of cars you ship, because it will result to this again. Its your business & integerity that is on the line here, not mine or babs.

Ikenna.

Ikenna,

am glad you know really know the kind of person i am.
special Thanks to Enyinnaya, for the trust you had in me.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by Jaafarhachem: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have one silver metallic manual gear 2004 model in Cotonou. Better price Then mine Will you never find. Please check My page there Will you find it , regards
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by cmax16: 4:51am On Jan 17, 2013
babs2aroks: Frenchbase I guess its just a deal gone bad...the car was intended for personal use...I drive a toyota camry and I wanted a 2nd car to flog around...not a car dealer.

I prefer Amercian Imports.406 is the only car I could get from europe.I'll just locally source for another one.
There's no way I'll be able to wait for another one coming from france

I just bumped into this thread, though old, i couldn't but feel for babs. Fact is, Frenchbase is the owner of the car, (unless you probably bought it for your brother who is the owner) he (Yinka) doesn't have any business arranging for another seller other than to follow your instructions to the latter; which was seller to a customer you had already agreed price with...a deal is a deal, unless for few hundred thousand naira extra you would want to ruin your reputation. A happy customer online would most likely recommend much more customers to you than you could ever imagine.

Car from France? it look from the shipping document that the car was loaded in Antwerp...isn't that Belgium? just asking.
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Cmax 1.6,

we all make mistakes. though the deal didn't go as planned, it as helped me in Reorganizing myself and those i work with. in life good things happen so as well do bad things or event happens.

below is a comment from a Nairaland member after the fail deal with Babs

icon4x: This is coming late but i had to take my time to cruise the car before commenting, i promised Frenchbase that i would say something about the car i bought from him and here goes...
That car is not just neat, it is exactly as FB talked about it, i havent had any problem with it and all the gurus i know that have looked at the car have had nothing bad to say. the deal with FB paid off and any problems which we may have had were just personal issues due to being human and stuff like that, i would also and HIGHLY COMMEND, Ikenna351 for his effortless services and his professional guidance, that guy is a Nigerian that deserves an award, an MON.
Ikenna handled a substantial part of the deal without even seeing me first. God bless you sir.
Frenchbase, keep up the good work!
i love this car i bought.
Thanks alot
Re: on the Lookout for 2000-2002 Peugeot 406 Manual. by frenchbase(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Toyota Camry Toks And 014 Toyota Corolla Le Toks Full Option. / SOLD SOLD SOLD Toks 2007 Lexus Rx 350 For Sale@ N3M / SOLD SOLD SOLD Now 4.6m!!!!!!!! 2012 Super Fresh Lexus ES350 Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.