Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha (4281 Views)

Armed Robbers Kill 2 Policemen, Bank Staff, Cart Away N25M LG Salaries / Robbers Kill Lord’s Chosen Church Pastor In Lagos / PDP & APC Thugs Kill Three, Injure Others In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by TonySpike: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2012
By ENYIM ENYIM

The victims, including two middle-aged men and a young lady, were said to be the manager, cashier and driver of one of the popular petrol stations in the area.

The source told Vanguard that the robbers who were armed with AK47 rifles and other sophisticated weapons, rained bullets on the car till it skidded off the road and rammed into a building, housing an Aluminum manufacturing company.

When Vanguard visited the scene of the incident, the corpses had been removed, but the victims’ car was still at the scene of the incident, while the whole ground was smeared with blood.

Contacted, Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Emeka Chukwuemeka, confirmed the incident but said only one person was killed in the robbery operation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/robbers-kill-three-in-onitsha-cart-away-n12m/

From the news, it appears that a spontaneous wave of crime is about to sweep Onitsha. Unwholesome news of criminal activities seem to be on the rise here.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2012
na awka vikings boys go do that kind thing
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by stepo707: 10:12am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis: na awka vikings boys go do that kind thing

You belong?
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by KokoBeware: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Cashless policy....
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by yemmight(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2012
Are u saying a fuel staying keep 12m in the shop? Tht is rubbish.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2012
BUT WETIN PERSON DEY DO WITH 12MIL CASH ? SORRY FOR THEM SHA, MAY THEIR SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by ak47mann(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2012
na2day cool cool
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2012
KokoBeware: Cashless policy....

Yeah. Talk about "Successful Implementation"
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by nbltech(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2012
mat their soul RIP.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by achi4u(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2012
we need to grow up
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Ibangap(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2012
yemmight: Are u saying a fuel staying keep 12m in the shop? Tht is rubbish.
No mind the yeye people
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Obinoscopy(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
This underscores the need for us to go cashless.

At present, no one should blame the manager for carrying such amount. Some establishment make turnover in millions and due to the cash driven economy of our country, they have no choice than to be carrying cash to pay into their bank account.

Who knows, probably they were going to pay in the said amount (12 million) into their bank account before the unfortunate event fell upon them.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by olaezebala: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
yemmight: Are u saying a fuel staying keep 12m in the shop? Tht is rubbish.
I still find it hard to believe this also. When did fuel station turn into a bank?
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Ninapha(f): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
One cannot say exactly how much they were carrying. The lady cashier i gathered died this morning too while the said filling station is still under lock and key. I presume it must be turnover of Friday, Saturday and Sunday they were going to deposit. I said this because of the time of the incident.The shooting happened just a stone throw from my office.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by Coefficient(m): 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
12million ko? That's more than what some community and micro-finance agencies have in their coffers. RIP to the dead.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by ziccoit: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A
Petrol Station In Onitsha.

This would have read" Boko Haram Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station" had it been this happened in a northern state.
Re: Robbers Kill Three & Cart Away ₦12m At A Petrol Station In Onitsha by muyoto: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ninapha: One cannot say exactly how much they were carrying. The lady cashier i gathered died this morning too while the said filling station is still under lock and key. I presume it must be turnover of Friday, Saturday and Sunday they were going to deposit. I said this because of the time of the incident.The shooting happened just a stone throw from my office.

Well the newspapers claim N12m, a figure which think is unlikely to have arose from three days' sale (ie about 4M/day!!)

This is probably an insider's job

(1) (Reply)

20yr Old Boy Beheads His 4-year-old Nephew With Axe In Anambra(photos) / Newcredit Loan Stop Disturbing Me / Corpse Of Chika Malaysia Killed In Thailand To Return Nigeria Weekend (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.