Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning (11581 Views)

Crowd At First Bank Ikorodu Branch This Morning (photos) / CBN Halts Branch Operations By Bureaux De Change #Emefieleconomics / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by ifyalways(f): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2012
I was at GTB ajose adeogun this morning to do some transactions.Teller took my cash,just about to credit my account and they asked everyone out.The fire alarm was up and belling.we've been all out,bankers and clients for the past 30 minutes.

Pissed is an under statement,I held on to the cashier outside and made her sign that she took a certain amount of money from me first.Naija sef and there is no sign of fire brigade of whatever,just scaring people for nothing. . .or so it appears
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by aieromon(m): 9:07am On Mar 27, 2012
Sharp move.Please,make sure your transaction is credited to the last kobo.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by denzel2009: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2012
It is called fire drill. Disasters won't warn you before happening that's why they simulate fire disasters to test recovery plans.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 27, 2012
u for carry their noney mov nah
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by delegiwa(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2012
In the event of the actual fire, the tashiri money you were about paying in would pale into insignificance. No matter the seriousness of what is on hand, once the alarm goes, it is expected that everyone moves to the muster point.

So my dear, you dont need to be pissed about it. It is very normal.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by bamshy: 10:03am On Mar 27, 2012
Interesting. It's in the bid to be abreast with international standards. Truly, one might get pissed off. I am sure someone gave a speech at the muster point and asked for questions. Next time you experience such, ask how you can recover your cash back in case of actual fire. The fire wasn't caused by you and if you had parted with cash in the bank's environment, you deserve to know what to do in that real scenario.

1 Like

Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by usbcable(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2012
she na only GTB be the bank for.naija ni.

every topic with GTB ends up front page. maybe seun or mukina are major shareholders there sef.

ordinary firedrill makes front page.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by feelamong(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2012
usbcable: she na only GTB be the bank for.naija ni.

every topic with GTB ends up front page. maybe seun or mukina are major shareholders there sef.

ordinary firedrill makes front page.

Seun.. am beggining to think that GTB gives u sometin...of what use is this topic making the front page for? We have far more impt topics that should make the front page not Fire Drill in a bank....
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by ZUBY77(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2012
And this made the front page because ?

A. You are pissed.
B. Seun or Mukina is your friend.
C. Everyone should give a damn about you being pissed.
D. All of the above.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by joe4christ(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2012
@OP Sharp Sharp gurl, no dulling mehn, i love smart gurls and i think i've just fallen inlove with you already for this, smart girls are realy rare in nigeria, go figure out!
Keep it up @OP
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2012
So u knw wan dull 4 9ja. Its gud u made her sign dat she took d money,if not. Na anoda storey we 4hear!!
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2012
It irks me everytime I hear Nigerians complaining about fire drills. .

The company I worked for fired a man because of fire drill. They had run the fire drill, turned off the elevators and made everybody use the step. The man couldnt wlak down the steps because he was old and had been declaring age with affidevit that said he was barely 40. Now if that were a real fire, that man would be caught and die. The essence of fire drills are to make evacuation procedures a second nature.

My dear O.P if e pain you, go knack your head for coal tar. . Its done to save lives which you 5000 Naira wey you go withdraw no fit buy. . . .

2 Likes

Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by exago(m): 11:28am On Mar 27, 2012
denzel2009: It is called fire drill. Disasters won't warn you before happening that's why they simulate fire disasters to test recovery plans.

Why is a fire drill important?
If there is a fire, people need to be able to get out of the building quickly. A fire drill takes people through the process of leaving the building. Because they drill the process, they do not have to figure out how to get out in the midst of a real fire and they are less likely to panic.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by Jarus(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
ifyalways: I was at GTB ajose adeogun this morning to do some transactions.Teller took my cash,just about to credit my account and they asked everyone out.The fire alarm was up and belling.we've been all out,bankers and clients for the past 30 minutes.

Pissed is an under statement,I held on to the cashier outside and made her sign that she took a certain amount of money from me first.Naija sef and there is no sign of fire brigade of whatever,just scaring people for nothing. . .or so it appears
Henhen, so we were in that room together? Surprised!

I was also about handing my cash to the cashier when the pandemonium started. Actually thought the 'boys' had come! I was relieved when I heard it was just a fire alarm, but pissed off too. I had to call my friend, a staff in that branch, and handed over the cash and completed slip to him to help complete the transaction when they resumed.

Na wa o. So Ify, you were just in front of me

1 Like

Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by dabrake(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
joe4christ: @OP Sharp Sharp gurl, no dulling mehn, i love smart gurls and i think i've just fallen inlove with you already for this, smart girls are realy rare in nigeria, go figure out!
Keep it up @OP
don't spoil my runs. I'm warning you
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by meracool(m): 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
Most Post on Banks why is it mostly GTBank ? My fellow NL I need to Know....
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by jlatifah00: 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
why dont you contact me for ETRANZACT POCKETMONI you dont have to go to bank to make transactions all the time you can do it from your phone at your own convenience.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by ifyalways(f): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
Lol.
I have even forgotten I started a thread.

I thanki my God oh, my attachiri money was credited successfully. Thanki you my God!

Jarus, lol. See as dem put fear for my old bodi. No one expected fire drills on a busy Tuesday morning. Poor me and my bush igbotic head, I no even sabi wetin be fire drill.

Thanki God for nld.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by ifyalways(f): 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
exago:

Why is a fire drill important?
If there is a fire, people need to be able to get out of the building quickly. A fire drill takes people through the process of leaving the building. Because they drill the process, they do not have to figure out how to get out in the midst of a real fire and they are less likely to panic.
now if this was the purpose then they did a poor job.

People were just rushing to their cars and driving off, those that stayed back did so because their transactions are not yet completed.

When eventually a man I would now assume to be the instructor came and asked everyone to come together for maybe tutorials on handling fire emergencies, no one except few of the bank staff went to listen to him.

Its all good eitherways.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by otilox(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
Abeg oh, just out of curiosity and being away from nairaland for a bit, on what basis do topics make it to front page? I thought it was based on a combination of popularity and recentness?? Somebody educate me please. Cos I'm getting hints that seun ultimately decides, which I think is ermm... i'll SNM.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by Olaone1: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
This is a regular exercise in the UK. It is called fire drill.
Besides, the alarm has to be tested every week.

It's part of HS and it's a must.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by mrover(m): 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2012
must we nigerians wyne about everything a simple warning system and u take it as a nigerian flaw! we gat issues among ourselves
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by GboyegaD(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
bamshy: Interesting. It's in the bid to be abreast with international standards. Truly, one might get pissed off. I am sure someone gave a speech at the muster point and asked for questions. Next time you experience such, ask how you can recover your cash back in case of actual fire. The fire wasn't caused by you and if you had parted with cash in the bank's environment, you deserve to know what to do in that real scenario.

What makes it up to international standard? Hope you read the part where the OP said there was no sign of fire fighters around. If they wanted to do a real drill, then they should have informed the fire fighters who are expected to come in full force to combat the fire.

bamshy: Interesting. It's in the bid to be abreast with international standards. Truly, one might get pissed off. I am sure someone gave a speech at the muster point and asked for questions. Next time you experience such, ask how you can recover your cash back in case of actual fire. The fire wasn't caused by you and if you had parted with cash in the bank's environment, you deserve to know what to do in that real scenario.

Very good suggestion.
Re: GTB Ajose Adeogun Branch This Morning by denzel2009: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
GboyegaD:

What makes it up to international standard? Hope you read the part where the OP said there was no sign of fire fighters around. If they wanted to do a real drill, then they should have informed the fire fighters who are expected to come in full force to combat the fire.

Very good suggestion.

You think fire fighters are less busy to attend fire drills?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exporting Charcoal And Bitter Kola / Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister / Aimuan Eboigbe Ikponmwosa C Greenboss The Libya Returnee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.