Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,765 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam (4867 Views)

How To Use Etisalat BIS On Android, PC Or Any Device That Can Surf The Internet / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by amosy007: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mtn simple surf time browsing is a scam..

I subscribed to mtn 5000 -100hrs with the hope of getting value for my money buh after i reached 100mb with full speed... The internet speed became miserably slow that i have to hold my cheek to open just a page... They said there is bandwith usage policy which they didnt put in their advert or website ...mtn is just a pain in d ass. big scammer.. Guys if u are tinkin of subscribing to it beta tink twice... I cnt shout o
Re: Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by martinkem(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
i had the same experience with MTN, they deliberately throttle their internet speed for time plans as opposed to the data bundles i compared the both of them and the Time plan was working at edge speed while the data bundle had 3g speeds
Re: Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by Qaslay(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2012
Thanks to the Almighty, I heard MTN throttles the Time plan so decided to try with the 2hour plan. And it was very true. After downloading about 80MB at max speed, the speed then went as low as 1kb/s and never went pass 10kb/s. It was really annoying.

MTN can only do this in this country because the regulators are either sleeping or getting checks for turning a blind eye to this scam.

I wish I had the money, I would have sued a hell out of this good-for-nothing service provider.

I wish other networks-glo, etisalat and airtel-will roll out their own timed plans soonest and beat this beast of a network to it as usual.

Anyway, I am happy I didn't fall for the 13k 90days plan.
(Not out to ridicule the unfortunate few though)
Re: Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by Deblow: 2:07am On Apr 01, 2012
I am so happy I said this befofe. That nofhing good or subscriber-friendly can ever come from this monster called mtn. Every product rolled out by mtn is meant to snuff life out of us, subscribers but one thing is clear: the days of mtn are numbered!
Re: Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by amosy007: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2012
Deblow: I am so happy I said this befofe. That nofhing good or subscriber-friendly can ever come from this monster called mtn. Every product rolled out by mtn is meant to snuff life out of us, subscribers but one thing is clear: the days of mtn are numbered!

gbam! I concur.. Its numbered and by then there wnt be anytin they can do even prayers wnt do it.. Just slow and natural death like nitel and all cdma networks
Re: Mtn Simple Surf (time Browsing) A Big Scam by KSlam: 7:55am On Apr 09, 2012
....NA WA O, 9JA! AN INDUSTRY THAT HAS REGULATORY BODY AND OPERATORS ARE DOING ALL THIS UNDER THEIR SUPPOSED WATCHFUL EYES. ITS REALLY PAINFUL, ESPECIALLY AS I RELIED ON IT FOR SOME IMPORTANT INTERNET ACTIVITY....THE SAD PART IS THAT IT CUTS ACROOS THE INDUSTRY SO THEIR IS NO WHERE TO RUN TO.

(1) (Reply)

Easily Remove FRP On New Phone With Secure Boot / Tecno N7 Specifications, Features And Price / Infinix Race Max Q

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.