Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan (71609 Views)

Chatting Apps that Required No Wifi Internet & No Data Plan / Etisalat Daily Facebook Subscription Plan, How To Opt Out (solved) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by czay(m): 6:19am On Apr 03, 2012
One major disadvantage of the MTN Mobile
Internet and Fastlink usage is definitely
its Data bundle Limitations (100MB, 3GB
etc). Users often exceed their data limits
before its expiry date even without
downloading any file - Its just annoying
when you subscribe for a 250MB plan at
N1300 and its finished within 1 week.
The New MTN SIMPLE SURF plan seems to
be a solution to the data limit problems.
This is not really a first as Starcoms and
others have similar hourly plans but their
service coverage is very limited.
About MTN Nigeria Simple Surf Plan
The New MTN simple surf is Charged
HOURLY instead of amount of data used,
this gives users total control of their time
and amount spent online. You can subscribe
to MTN Simple surf from as low as 2 hours
to send or receive an email, download a file,
or video chat with a friend. Since it has a 2
days validity - you can use 1 hour, Logout
and use the remaining hour the next day.
You might also choose the 300 hours plan to
use at the office everyday (12 hours a day)
- which will likely last over a month.
MTN Nigeria Simple surf subscription
activation codes:
To subscribe for Any of the packages below
- Text the Required code to 131
2 HOURS at N250 - TEXT 2H to 131
(2days Validity)
20 HOURS at N1,500 - TEXT 20H to 131
(7 Days Validity)
100 HOURS at N5,000 - TEXT 100H to
131 (30 Days Validity)
300 HOURS at N13,000 - TEXT 300H to
131(90 Days Validity
NOTE: To save hours - Remember to
Disconnect Your Modem while not in use.. or
turn off Your Edge / 3G on mobile when not
needed.

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by ziccoit: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2012
Have you heard of data throttle? MTN may give you the correct definition. Just subscribe and see how rubbish is this plan.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Excelboi(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN is one funny organization... 2hrs per day? So i should use 1HR today and use the rest the next day? God forbid, i stick wiv my Etisalat!!! 4ck dem

10 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by emsquare(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2012
Noted!

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Muttex(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN is a useless company.....I cannot believe this pple anymore.. many thanks to GLO and Airtel.

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
Worst and Worsetest Plan ever... If there is any word as Worstest angry

No time!!!

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by dapo338(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN was my favorite but not now, even when i subcribed for 250MB with 1300naira, I hardly use 50MB monthly because of network problem, now i am using ETISALAT which I get 260MB for 1000 but i exhaust it in less than 2weeks.

Infact this is the worst plan ever, sometimes for 3days, u get no access to MTN Data, u can't even open any site, so now they increased the price and decreased ur time...100hrs for 5,000 when u can't even open a site for 3days.... What happened next..... They say ur time has expired....

MTN is the only network which u don't get freebies, they introduced Magic number and disconnected withing 2months because they knew people benefited from it and since then, We hear nothing... shame on MTN.

8 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
Very stingy and greedy network.

5 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Tgirl4real(f): 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
Not interested. They should make it cheaper. wink wink
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by unphilaz(m): 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
think i will continue wit etisalat, might check back to see people's opinion of it
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by lordspiritual(m): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
the plans are in fact very limited! Imagine you buy two hours to update a software that may take 200mb.. Once you start downloading and you cross 100mb of data the speed of the connection slows down dramatically to btw 7kb to 15kb per sec(mind you this is 3.5g hspa)....And these are speeds dat wont let u complete the download with the remaining time.....so you end up subscribing to the plan again and the cycle continues!!

4 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by stepo707: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
MTN, you cant deceive us always.Try your luck next time.

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by 5columnist: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
I cracked my MTN modem and put a glo sim in it because MTN is crab crap shit.... 4king south african useless company.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by amosy007: 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2012
The stupidest data plan have ever seing in my life... It has data limit once u reach 80 to 100mb they will throttle ur line and that is it ... U will be browsin on edge speed of 10-30Kp/s
till exhaust ur given ours... Just waitin for etisalat and glo to roll out their own... Mtn is just a scam

3 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by stephenponti(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
I ve not recharged my MTN line since 4 months. They re very stingy. goddam their network, very greedy network. Airtel Data service is ok for me. I became disenchanted with them since they removed their magic number offer.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by spothot: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
lord.spiritual:
the plans are in fact very limited! Imagine you buy two hours to update a software that may take 200mb.. Once you start downloading and you cross 100mb of data the speed of the connection slows down dramatically to btw 7kb to 15kb per sec(mind you this is 3.5g hspa)....And these are speeds dat wont let u complete the download with the remaining time.....so you end up subscribing to the plan again and the cycle continues!!
if this is true, then MTN's really dubious

3 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by GboyegaD(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
They keep introducing different things and at the end their services gets worse than it is before the new service.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by whizkid10(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
cnt just imagine how many times i will subscribe to Mtn data,and the network is so poor,you end up doing nothing yet they pretend no ideal about their service.so they never for once compensate their mishap.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by PweetyMj(f): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
Very stingy network. Which kind of crazy data plan is this? MTN is always repackaging the same old bullshit and forcing it down our throat. Crazy thieving network. Airtel Rocks! 3.5G for real!!!

3 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by TheDoc: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
From people's comments is like etisalat and glo have better packages,it will be nice if someone can give us an insight into their packages.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by polokor60(m): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2012
thanks but no thanks mtn,una too stingy.glo rocks,rule your world. wink

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by yommy2sure(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
I dnt recharge my mtn line again...its strictly for receiving calls. They waste the money to ought to use to better their service for advert. Since i tried glo. I havnt looked back!

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
Apparaently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?

4 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by rman: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman: Apparaently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?

In addition, MTN subscriber base is more than 40mill, which is around 50% of the entire market share.

Am still interested in the people on their network in Nigeria, because based on the reponse from nairalands forum members, they should be out of bussiness.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by toyinkin(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
Mtn is a useless network,God go punish dem 1day. They eat data plan as if there are drinking water.
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Sike(m): 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
After Etisalat, Comes My Glo. MTN can go and Die for all i care.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by 9zeros(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
nigerians can be so dumb. y wud som1 stil patronise mtn after all these years of exploitation. they cant go this far in a smart country. ha! na wa 4 waec.

1 Like

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by 9zeros(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman: Apparaently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?
my thoughts exactly!
Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
rman: Apparently, everyone hates MTN in Nigeria but the realty on ground is they are the market leader and are still growing. In fact they added more than a million subscribers last year which is second only to Etisalat. Everytime I see threads about MTN and DSTV on nairaland, it is all hate, hate and hate from forum members. Unless nairaland is not a partial reflection of the Nigerian reality, and if it is, WHO ARE THOSE ON MTN NIGERIA'S NETWORK?

This is a very important question. I can understand the reason for DSTV's continued dominance - afterall, there are no better alternatives. But in the case of MTN, there are alternatives. So I don't understand why or how it continues to be the market leader with the highest number of subscribers - in spite of the unrelenting outcry against it's poor services and exploitative tendencies. This is very intriguing indeed!

2 Likes

Re: No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan by santakris(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
Etisalat or Glo is better than Empty hen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.