Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number (868 Views)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / Another Chance For U To Start All Over Again / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by Eclairs: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hello Nairalanders. Left church on sunday after bein thought about The Grace of God. Cldnt actually ask this question as I thought I knew the answer but I realise I would benefit if I throw the question to you all.

How sufficient is the Grace of God especially for those who keep going back to their sins? Apostle asked the Romans "can we continue in sin that Grace may abound"? "God forbid" was the reply. Does this means that there's no chance for an individual who have backslided times without number but now seeks to die because he thinks he's let God and himself down too many times and doen't deserve to leave?

Any meaniful response will be highly appreciated. Ref to the bible will be great. thanks
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by EbiEsq(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2007
Try to reflect; why do you fall? How do you take spiritual activities? How constant are you in the study of the word? Do you take your quiet time serious? Do you even remember to pray? Taking a look at these questions and examining your life therewith, you should notice that most times, we do not put our intentions into purposeful action. If you are asked what it takes to live a successful christian life, you might have no difficulty in telling me read your bible, pray always, attend fellowship regularly and the others. Can you remember what you read in your bible this morning? How about yesterday morning? Did you attend fellowship 3 days ago because you did not want to stay at home as others were going to church? Where do you put your mind when the message is on. Were you early to service? The idea now is that it is not as if we do not know what to do, but that we are not putting it to work. Check it out my brother. Back up your desire to be faithful with action and you would notice a change.
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by Eclairs: 6:09am On Nov 01, 2007
I Understand you points but the question is, Is there still chance. the individual is willin to make a change but it feels like he let himself down time and again and feels he doesnt deserve life as he keeps goin back to his "vomit"

Is there still chance
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by pilgrim1(f): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2007
Eclairs:

I Understand you points but the question is, Is there still chance. the individual is willin to make a change but it feels like he let himself down time and again and feels he doesnt deserve life as he keeps goin back to his "vomit"

Is there still chance

Are the gates of heaven closed yet? Or is there ANYTHING God in His mercy cannot do for the seeker?

He is able, willing and will abundantly pardon. smiley
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by solatunde: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2007
Eclairs, yes, there is chance for someone who has backslided several times, but the danger in it is taking the Grace of God for granted. Genuine repentance is all he seek. Jesus said whosoever comes to me, i will in no wise cast away.
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by earthrealm(m): 8:00am On Nov 04, 2007
a wise/righteous man falls a thousand times, n gets up!!!,

dude, u gotta find the reason y u are always fallin, it it gals?, is it peer pressure, is it money, etc, 2ndly u gotta develope a mentor relationship with a strong christian in ur church/neighbourhood, mustn necessarilly be ur pastor, n above all, u gotta pray to GOD 4 4giveness n rep[entance, genuie repentance,

it aint easy, its only by his grace that u can overcome the world/sin,
dont give up, we have all been tru it, well most of us
Re: Is There Any Chance For Someone Who Has Backslided Times Without Number by Eclairs: 2:11am On Nov 20, 2007
Its great to know there's HOPE considerin the GRACE thts sufficient for us al but how do u encourage a fellow whose going gets tougher. It's easy to say the fellow should get goin but when things are goin from bad to worse, does it mk sense to think that God has deserted the fellow for good. We knw that God is willin to forgv our tresspasses but how do we know he has forgiven our trespasses when following genuine repentance, everything tend to be going against you.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Charismatic Renewal / The Beam In Your Eyes Should First Be Removed / 1. Whose To Blame The Religion, Their Leaders Or The Followers:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.