Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Friendliest People In Africa? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Friendliest People In Africa? (6599 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People In Africa / The Igala People In Anambra State / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendliest People In Africa? by UKBobo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
I have been lucky enough to travel extensively in Africa and can say that I was welcomed the most warmly and with genuine fraternal love....in Senegal (especially in Casamance - near Ziguinchor). Sierra Leone comes a close second though! What do you think?
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by TaXasa: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
Zambia/zimbabwe People are very Nice. Senegal People are Nice too. Sudanese People are also Warm, North and south except when they are drunk though.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by UKBobo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
Damn. So you know about the Sudanese and alcohol. World War 4 anew. Somalians and Eritreans too cannot handle their drink and should avoid alcohol. I went to a Somalian dance once and at one point chairs (in all directions) started flying over my head. I cut out of there with a quickness. grin
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Mar 28, 2012
I think its the Francophone countries with exception of Cameroun.

They are soooo warm and very accomodating to foreigners especially those that are from non-french speaking countries,IMO.

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by emofine2(f): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2012
From my experience...Zimbabweans are lovely! cheesy
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by TaXasa: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
UK Bobo: Damn. So you know about the Sudanese and alcohol. World War 4 anew. Somalians and Eritreans too cannot handle their drink and should avoid alcohol. I went to a Somalian dance once and at one point chairs (in all directions) started flying over my head. I cut out of there with a quickness. grin

lol True, Horners Can not handle alcohol In general, Its not part of their culture Really and abuse it when introduced to it.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Nayah(f): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
ifyalways: I think its the Francophone countries with exception of Cameroun.

They are soooo warm and very accomodating to foreigners especially those that are from non-french speaking countries,IMO.
Cameroonians are very welcoming and warm people, ask Chad, Congo, Senegaleses, Malians ven Nigerians over there

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:21am On Mar 29, 2012
[size=32pt]ZIBABWAEANS!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
IGBOS are the most accomodating people not only the whole of Africa but the WORLD! We dont expect people to learn and speak our language cause we know you might not find it easy. We dont exclude you in our conversations knowing fully well that you dont understand it. We are not afraid of being dominated in our land cause we are already a domineering people;case in point; ask th southwesternerss..lol. We will never ever allow a foreigner to be intimidated,oppressed or marginalized in our land,except if you are troublesome. We will offer you food and goodies if you are a good person. Infact,if a foreigner gets in a fight with a native in Igboland we are more likely to side with the foreigner because we dont want the foreigner to feel like he has no help. IGBOS are indeed blessed but dont come near our women. . .lol

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
Most people from the Southern African countries (with the exception of SA) tend to be generally friendly, but my experience with [size=18pt]Malawians[/size] will forever be on my mind. I can't think of friendlier people with so much courtesy to offer. Malawians will go out of their way to make a foreigner feel at home.
Another group that I can think of are the [size=18pt]Northern Ugandans[/size]; such wonderful people. kiss
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by onila(f): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
UGANDANS [/b]are really nice. they are very quiet but once u approach them and get to know them. .they are really nice

[b]IVORIANS(Ivory Coast)
are really nice. .some of the best Africans ever
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by onila(f): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nigerians are very friendly too. .we are KNOWN [/b]to be [b]the funniest n charismatic Africans[/b]
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by UKBobo(m): 3:09am On Mar 30, 2012
Ivory Coast is fire - I was there during the Coupe music revolution from 2008-09. Il bouge trop. Very friendly and I will not even talk about the fairer sex. Bete, Guere, Baoule all of them.

Ugandans from the North - Acholi speakers - cool ; Tigrinya from Eritrea - very reserved on the outside, but an inferno of emotion inside.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by onila(f): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
Sierraleonians are nice too

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Kahwayy(f): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2012
Kenyan people are friendly except those that reside in Nairobi
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by OneNaira6: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2012
West Africa: Ghana, Togo, and Ivory Coast have some of the nicest people
East Africa: Eritrea and Kenyans are very nice people.
South Africa and Central Africa: Namibia, Angola, Congo, etc are also nice
North Africa: Moroccans and Egyptians are equally nice but not as nice as the sub-saharans.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
One_Naira: West Africa: Ghana, Togo, and Ivory Coast have some of the nicest people
East Africa: Eritrea and Kenyans are very nice people.
South Africa and Central Africa: Namibia, Angola, Congo, etc are also nice
North Africa: Moroccans and Egyptians are equally nice but not as nice as the sub-saharans.

So,you think Igbo people are not nice and welcoming,or are you just avoiding tribal bashing ?Ask none IGBOs who have lived in the east how they were treated. The only issue with the IGBOs is that they have this crazy ambitious nature and sometimes some people mistook it for "invasion". An average IGBO man doesnt take what doent belong to him rather he will work hard and get his own. Kemesia nu!
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by smith27: 4:11am On Apr 01, 2012
Every society have the GOOD,the BAD, the WORST and the UGLY, ZIBABWAEANS and Kenyans are nice people
Nigerians are very nice people as well but tooooo smart.

3 Likes

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by OneNaira6: 5:33am On Apr 01, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

So,you think Igbo people are not nice and welcoming,or are you just avoiding tribal bashing ?Ask none IGBOs who have lived in the east how they were treated. The only issue with the IGBOs is that they have this crazy ambitious nature and sometimes some people mistook it for "invasion". An average IGBO man doesnt take what doent belong to him rather he will work hard and get his own. Kemesia nu!

umm, I thought we rate others outside of our community. Of course Igbo are welcoming and nice but I'm rating those not within my community.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
Malawians.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by onila(f): 8:42pm On May 04, 2012
ZImBABWEANS!!!
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by somegirl1: 7:27pm On May 05, 2012
ghanaians

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2012
Not sure Depends on the culture, I think every African country has nice people and mean people.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by kengis: 12:22am On May 10, 2012
ghana
nigeria
ivory coast
mali
burkina faso

2 Likes

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Ybutterfly: 3:17am On May 12, 2012
^^^^^^^^GH@NA^^^^^^

1 Like

Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 27, 2012
Liberia and guine conakry! I like Liberian People they can make you laugh grin
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by MrsChima(f): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2012
Ghanaians.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by TerryCarr(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Malagasy(Madagascar)
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by somalia1: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2012
somali people grin

they are friendly if you are somalia grin

if you are not somalia then you must run away grin
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
somalia1: somali people grin

they are friendly if you are somalia grin

if you are not somalia then you must run away grin

Then they are not friendly

I would say friendliest people depends on the individual and not a group of people. I have met many friendly people from Burkina Faso, Mali and Senegal.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 09, 2012
The friendliest Africans I have met personally were Cameroonians, kenyans and Ivorians.
Re: Friendliest People In Africa? by onila(f): 2:42am On Sep 09, 2012
and ugandanz♥

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Côte D'ivoire 2012 Miss Djouka Hélène-valérie / Do Dogs Actually See Ghosts? / Meaning Of Nri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.