Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,180 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. (24977 Views)

Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos) / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 12:22am On Mar 30, 2012
ACM10: Innoson carry go!
I believe you die. Make una try board those buses. They are comfort re-defined.

Do you have any info on the prices of Innoson ?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by kossynerule: 12:25am On Mar 30, 2012
[quote author=Iconium][/quote]
does any of ur relatives work with hyundai or toyota??..what does it take for some1 2 be called a car manufacturer??which of d parts of ds new vehicle does innoson manufacture??...tell urself d truth..if u want 2 buy a bus,,will u buy an innoson or toyota product?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ACM10: 12:57am On Mar 30, 2012
alj harem:

Do you have any info on the prices of Innoson ?

I don't know. But I can get that for you if I observe some level of interest and seriousness in you. Besides, I wont post the prices of their vehicles here. Cause I wouldn't want to trigger the comparative analysis of the vehicles against the imported products. But from what I've observed so far, they are cheap and durable. A lot of them ply the major roads of Enugu.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Obiagu1(m): 12:58am On Mar 30, 2012
ACM10:

I don't know. But I can get that for you if I observe some level of interest and seriousness in you. Besides, I wont post the prices of their vehicles here. Cause I wouldn't want to trigger the comparative analysis of the vehicles against the imported products. But from what I've observed so far, they are cheap and durable. A lot of them ply the major roads of Enugu.

The boldfaced is his aim. If he needs a vehicle, he should know where to get them from.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by nasty45(m): 1:04am On Mar 30, 2012
warrior01: @nasty45,
keep quiet there! who wan woundjure a walking corpse like u. anuofia
i can c u r a dead meat already.even anang ppl wil reject u.F.O.0.L
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 1:06am On Mar 30, 2012
ACM10:

Thanks man, would really appreciate it !!!!

About the prices, I suppose I have to agree with you on that, at the end of the day it is buiness but I would just like a round figure.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Seamate(m): 1:31am On Mar 30, 2012
Where were these cars made in Nigeria?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Dainfamous: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2012
Obiagu1:

No it doesn't and you don't need to make engines to be a car manufacturer.
they will soon manufacturing engines as they do with tyres etc anambra state gov just ordered bin trucks and buses for school children worth 400million naira recently here it is

SCHOOL AND REFUSE DISPOSAL VEHICLES
Ijeoma Nnodum, Awka
Friday, March 16, 2012

The Anambra State Government will soon take delivery of school buses and refuse disposal trucks valued at over Four Hundered Million Naira from the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company based in Nnewi. Gov. Obi disclosed this yesterday while inspecting the vehicles at the factory site, Nnewi.

Obi, while being conducted round the factory by the Chief Executive Office, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, disclosed that the vehicles had been fully paid. He called on other Nigerian to encourage the growth of the factory by patronizing it.

The Governor, who expressed satisfaction that the company has become a success story, said that the government would order more vehicles, as well as give it other necessary support and encouragement.

Thanking the Governor, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, recalled his various encouragement and support to the company. He said that it was the governor who made it possible for the president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to commission the factory as well as various other supports that made him to encourage other investors to come and invest in the state.

Mr. Chukwuma explained that the company is working round the clock to widen the frontiers of operations that would include manufacturing of vehicle engines in the country..
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 1:58am On Mar 30, 2012
The question again is: how many ORIGINAL parts can Nigeria manufacture?
Do these vehicles have MANUFACTURERS' warrantees BACKED up by Nigerian industries?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ikeyman00(m): 2:05am On Mar 30, 2012
^^^^

i think u should concentrate in taking ur wayo clothes off

by the action and ideas we know them

trust we know them lipsrsealed

peace top gal cool
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by EkoIle1: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2012
Who do these AGIPA clowns lie so much?

This is another fake story by these lazy and incompetent AGIPA losers.

Your fake buses are not on Lagos roads.

All these low self esteem people se...
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Dainfamous: 3:03am On Mar 30, 2012
Eko Ile: Who do these AGIPA clowns lie so much?

This is another fake story by these lazy and incompetent AGIPA losers.

Your fake buses are not on Lagos roads.

All these low self esteem people se...
shat up boyyy this is not your level cant you see go back to owambe party thievumbu don use una for him ritual to prepared for 2015 mumu,hope you didn't eat rice and beans for the party?? because if u do,u don finish final final nobody can tell you anything again poor thing.anyway just appreciated that federal government is lifting up lagos with brand new IVM buses source locally made in Nigeria or you dont love Nigeria again?or are u a phockin hypochondria.better tell us so that your monthly hand out will be suspended smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 4:45am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: The question again is: how many ORIGINAL parts can Nigeria manufacture?
Do these vehicles have MANUFACTURERS' warrantees BACKED up by Nigerian industries?

None, but we start from somewhere. If they make enough profit and the environment favours them, then I bet they would start manufacturing parts in Nigeria.

@Second

I suppose, but we need more info on Innoson
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 4:47am On Mar 30, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^

i think u should concentrate in taking ur wayo clothes off

by the action and ideas we know them

trust we know them lipsrsealed

peace top gal cool

If you want sointin, why don't you just ask nicely? Instead of faking vAginity on NL?
Abi you neva phock ashawo for free for NIFOR BIFOR? tongue
I know you have a very big DK.
E be like say you go sUweeeet for back of motto weh-weh o. wink
Choose the left br-east, it is bigger and still producing MILIK!!!! wink
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 5:04am On Mar 30, 2012
alj harem:

None, but we start from somewhere. If they make enough profit and the environment favours them, then I bet they would start manufacturing parts in Nigeria.

@Second

How old are you? shocked
Is this not the same thing Volks Wagen did in the 60s in Nigeria?
What is new?
My father had a Beetle assembled in Nigeria.
We all would have perished inside that 'bug' if not for the love of our ancestors!
You want to start from that 1960 'somewhere' in 2012 AGAIN? grin
I will not even look in that 'innoson' concept of a thing!
What uses are those so-called universities and ashawo-techs all over Nigeria? undecided

Nigeria produces mediocrity in the name of being productive!
Still bed-wetting technogically-speaking!
Shame!!!! embarassed
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 5:15am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti:

How old are you? shocked
Is this not the same thing Volks Wagen did in the 60s in Nigeria?
What is new?
My father had a Beetle assembled in Nigeria.
We all would have perished inside that 'bug' if not for the love of our ancestors!
You want to start from that 1960 'somewhere' in 2012 AGAIN? grin
I will not even look in that 'innoson' concept of a thing!
What uses are those so-called universities and ashawo-techs all over Nigeria? undecided

Nigeria produces mediocrity in the name of being productive!
Still bed-wetting technogically-speaking!
Shame!!!! embarassed

really !!!!!

Volkwagen and peugeot were not given enough time to grow business wise and moreover they were is part of the larger company aka thus they HAD a franchise in Nigeria

This is completely different from Innoson I presume. Innoson yes import and assemble in Nigeria but it is a different company from the main company or manufacturing company thus not a franchise.

If Nigeria is a serious country, they would inject capital into Innoson and make then strong enough to stop patronising those parts manufacturing companies and indeed make some herself but Nigeria is not a serious country.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 5:24am On Mar 30, 2012
alj harem:

really !!!!!

Volkwagen and peugeot were not given enough time to grow business wise and moreover they were is part of the larger company aka thus they HAD a franchise in Nigeria

This is completely different from Innoson I presume. Innoson yes import and assemble in Nigeria but it is a different company from the main company or manufacturing company thus not a franchise.

If Nigeria is a serious country, they would inject capital into Innoson and make then strong enough to stop patronising those parts manufacturing companies and indeed make some herself but Nigeria is not a serious country.

Can you honestly trust a "made in Nigeria" automobile with YOUR life?
If you cannot make such companies fully liable ethically and professionally, what is the point?
Knowing how greeeeedy and unsafe the profiteering despots could be?
I think Nigeria should stick to Keke-Napepe first!'

What roads do you plan to drive such vehicles around Nigeria?
What diagniostic tools would you use to differentiate manufacturers' defects or user/lack of maintenance errors?

If Nigeria is not a serious country, it has absolutely NO business dealing with things that would further endanger human lives. Period!
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 5:39am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti:

Can you honestly trust a "made in Nigeria" automobile with YOUR life?
If you cannot make such companies fully liable ethically and professionally, what is the point?
Knowing how greeeeedy and unsafe the profiteering despots could be?

I think Nigeria should stick to Keke-Napepe first!'

What roads do you plan to drive such vehicles around Nigeria?
What diagniostic tools would you use to differentiate manufacturers' defects or user/lack of maintenance errors?

That is my sentiment as well and I strongly agree with you. That was why I said "If Nigeria was a serious country"

In this age, one would expect Nigeria to have set up a body that regularly checks Innoson vehicle safety and this company could even be foreign, it does not matter.

Yes you are right again, I think Innoson should go to mass production Keke-Marwa first with the help of the FG. Then as time goes on, there would be more trust in their products.

@ Road, LOL grin grin Not all roads are that bad, there are road good enough for testing vehicles most especially in the core northern states.

@ Diagnostic tools, I am not sure of what you are talking about here. Maybe you can enlighten me further.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 30, 2012
alj harem:

@Second

I would advice you to stick to what you know. I can see dont you hell bent on believing that Innoson does manufacturing. So, i would advice you desist distorting fact until you get the information you seeketh.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 6:09am On Mar 30, 2012
alj harem:

That is my sentiment as well and I strongly agree with you. That was why I said "If Nigeria was a serious country"

In this age, one would expect Nigeria to have set up a body that regularly checks Innoson vehicle safety and this company could even be foreign, it does not matter.

Yes you are right again, I think Innoson should go to mass production Keke-Marwa first with the help of the FG. Then as time goes on, there would be more trust in their products.

@ Road, LOL grin grin Not all roads are that bad, there are road good enough for testing vehicles most especially in the core northern states.

@ Diagnostic tools, I am not sure of what you are talking about here. Maybe you can enlighten me further.

OK.

How many people die by road compared to by air?

Diagnostic tools tell if there are any foreseeable hazards that could be potentially self-threatening. All to improve road safety and reduce injuries and fatalities on the ROADWAYS(Nigeria nor get). For example, my vehicles came with OnStar. Why I bring this up is to show the high level of committment foreign automobile manufacturers uphold, to ensure reliability in their
products!

Question.

Does the 'assembly' process begin and end with 'assembly'?
Who is to be held accountable where human life has no meaning in places like Nigeria?
These rogues can tell you your newly assembled vehicle was damaged by your illiterate drivers or your Nigerian catacombs of POTHOLES!
Enemy don die troway!
Where is the proof? Where is your 5 year warrantee?

Who will go to jail for negligence or unethical business practices?
Who will compensate injured or dead unsuspecting victims?
Will Nigerian dealers STAND by these products, since they are doing YOU a favor?
Will YOUR corrupt Nigerian government fight for YOU or their criminal 'House of Assembly' auto PARTS dealers?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by EagleNest(m): 6:34am On Mar 30, 2012
I am not surprised at all about this feat. When I was in South East,I have seen a made-in-Awka water drilling rig fabricated by a secondary school leaver (GTC) which can drill upto 700 feet through the thick IMO Shale prevalent in that area. The rig is fitted with powerful auxilliary gear and was highly sought out by drillers during those days (2003). The same applies to Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba. The South East people are highly gifted in technology and business.They dont even go to school to learn these things. This human resource should be tapped in developing Nigeria.Let's look inward and empower people with such gifts. South Korea, China, India, Malasia, etc are all doing it themselves and are now international brands. It's not magic but simply embracing your own technology. We are the one in tropics and should be able to manufacture locally electric fans and A/C and not to import. We have such huge population and should have been producing our mass transit buses. Molue bus and 911 truck has it's body locally fabricated and why have we not improved on this all these decades. Anyway,we cannot see b/c we are blinded by corruption (easy money) which is almost bringing Nigeria to halt. I rest my case. Innoson, I salute!

3 Likes

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by EkoIle1: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2012
^^^^ Why do you people lie and deceive yourselves all the time?

You people are the most delusional people on the face of the earth?

Even fake story is worth beating chest over...like Fashola go really allow some 419 buses on the streets of Lagos to jeopardize the lives of Lagosians...

These AGIPA people sabi lake pesin laugh no be small.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Yeske2(m): 6:50am On Mar 30, 2012
EagleNest: I am not surprised at all about this feat. When I was in South East,I have seen a made-in-Awka water drilling rig fabricated by a secondary school leaver (GTC) which can drill upto 700 feet through the thick IMO Shale prevalent in that area. The rig is fitted with powerful auxilliary gear and was highly sought out by drillers during those days (2003). The same applies to Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba. The South East people are highly gifted in technology and business.They dont even go to school to learn these things. This human resource should be tapped in developing Nigeria.Let's look inward and empower people with such gifts. South Korea, China, India, Malasia, etc are all doing it themselves and are now international brands. It's not magic but simply embracing your own technology. We are the one in tropics and should be able to manufacture locally electric fans and A/C and not to import. We have such huge population and should have been producing our mass transit buses. Molue bus and 911 truck has it's body locally fabricated and why have we not improved on this all these decades. Anyway,we cannot see b/c we are blinded by corruption (easy money) which is almost bringing Nigeria to halt. I rest my case. Innoson, I salute!
√ √
Correct talk.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Callotti: 7:06am On Mar 30, 2012
kenis:
I would advice you to stick to what you know. I can see dont you hell bent on believing that Innoson does manufacturing. So, i would advice you desist distorting fact until you get the information you seeketh.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by okpurukata(f): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2012
I came into Enugu yesterday and saw a lovely bus, better looking than what I see in some parts of Europe with the logo INNOSON. Meeeen, I bow. God bless the man. God bless GEJ for giving him a chance. God bless Nigeria, we will get it right with time. I am proud of Naija once more. Innoson, carry go.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by iconaus: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2012
We need to support our own. You have to start from somewhere . When Japan started , people were saying that their products were inferior . Where is Japan now? whether assemled in Nigeria or manufactured , it is a big milestone for Nigeria . Poco a poco we ll get there by the Grace of God .

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by okpurukata(f): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2012
In addition to their vehicles, other products from this company are very strong and durable. I saw their children plastic seats, very lovely. Serving plates - beautiful. Cups the same. This man is serious. Simple
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Judeotis: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2012
Is it made in Naija or assembled in Naija?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ak47mann(m): 8:16am On Mar 30, 2012
Eko Ile: ^^^^ Why do you people lie and deceive yourselves all the time?

You people are the most delusional people on the face of the earth?

Even fake story is worth beating chest over...like Fashola go really allow some 419 buses on the streets of Lagos to jeopardize the lives of Lagosians...

These AGIPA people sabi lake pesin laugh no be small.
you sound like a little child in a party crying so loud for adult to hear him and pass him some candy to eat,grow up man you sounding very stuppidd if you dont like advancement in life go back to your village mumu............got nothing to do with your yeye fashola this is F.G subsidize for the whole country is everywhere even my friend took one from lagos to east the same buses dey your village for ijebu ode.......................................................
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ak47mann(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2012
EagleNest: I am not surprised at all about this feat. When I was in South East,I have seen a made-in-Awka water drilling rig fabricated by a secondary school leaver (GTC) which can drill upto 700 feet through the thick IMO Shale prevalent in that area. The rig is fitted with powerful auxilliary gear and was highly sought out by drillers during those days (2003). The same applies to Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba. The South East people are highly gifted in technology and business.They dont even go to school to learn these things. This human resource should be tapped in developing Nigeria.Let's look inward and empower people with such gifts. South Korea, China, India, Malasia, etc are all doing it themselves and are now international brands. It's not magic but simply embracing your own technology. We are the one in tropics and should be able to manufacture locally electric fans and A/C and not to import. We have such huge population and should have been producing our mass transit buses. Molue bus and 911 truck has it's body locally fabricated and why have we not improved on this all these decades. Anyway,we cannot see b/c we are blinded by corruption (easy money) which is almost bringing Nigeria to halt. I rest my case. Innoson, I salute!
correct!! the country suppose to pass these level by now,as someone said that nigeria is not a serious country that's why common south Africa dey deport their govt officials cheesy it is sad really it is time for the country to help themselves and lift up their glory as human beings so that the world will have a little respect for us............
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by revolt(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2012
Seamate: Where were these cars made in Nigeria?
they were made in nnewi.. Those guys dey vex sha
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ikeyman00(m): 9:08am On Mar 30, 2012
@@@

hmmmm why are black man so wicked?? ?

will we ever rise

whose responsibility is it to see that the country is fixed up? goes to those that lives overseas

anyway some of the question in the thread is really laughable

i wana see a strong nigeria for real cuz we live in a world that has be revolvling and we got to revolve with it

on weather we believe it or not Nigeria can never develop technically know how without the igbos

some sitting there talking fuckin nonesense thinkin we will buy it but they will be the first to hit the new brand toyota model which might be called back due to brake issues or concorde plane that roasted numbers before roll off

i dnt get it life is real; people live and die; some loot and still die without the loot; no need faking issues; i can now see the reason alj man will always be looked with some suspicion then u wonder the reason the biafara sometimes go for jugular

it is like no matter how much progress that is made they will also find something to argue over and over in their deliuded vision to kill the dream

it will never happen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / What DIYs (Do It Yourself ) Have You Done On Your Car Or Plan To Do? / Innoson Rolls Out 500 Made In Nigeria Cars Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.