Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? (8896 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best / How May I Use My Visa Card To Buy Laptop Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Qaslay(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hi everyone,

I need to make some payments online and from the information I have gathered so far, the only way is to use either a dollar Visa/MasterCard card linked to a domiciliary account or the Zenith websurfer card. I have a domiciliary account with GTB and was thinking of getting a dollar Visa card linked to it until I saw Zenith websurfer. Now I am not sure which one to get. Has anyone used or is using any of the two or both? I need advice on which of the two is better and more widely accepted online.

Thanks.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by menek(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Qaslay: Hi everyone,

I need to make some payments online and from the information I have gathered so far, the only way is to use either a dollar Visa/MasterCard card linked to a domiciliary account or the Zenith websurfer card. I have a domiciliary account with GTB and was thinking of getting a dollar Visa card linked to it until I saw Zenith websurfer. Now I am not sure which one to get. Has anyone used or is using any of the two or both? I need advice on which of the two is better and more widely accepted online.
Thanks.
just go to any uba branch to ask of ubaafricard, they hav instant one for about 700 naira, you can load and use it right there. No time. It work like magic. It is has never been rejected at any site, even gambling site accept it. I was using websufer until some one introduce it to me. It convert dollar to naira n vice versa
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Qaslay(m): 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
menek: just go to any uba branch to ask of ubaafricard, they hav instant one for about 700 naira, you can load and use it right there. No time. It work like magic. It is has never been rejected at any site, even gambling site accept it. I was using websufer until some one introduce it to me. It convert dollar to naira n vice versa

Thanks, why did you stop using the websurfer? how much is the charges and can I pay Naira directly into the account?
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by WebSolutnX(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2012
Payment cards are now easy to get from every bank just like opening bank accounts. So, we have heard of Zenith bank WEB SURFER, GTBank NAIRA MASTERCARD, UBA AFRICARD, and others offered by other banks.

Like the opening of bank accounts, I like GTBank b'cos, its a zero balance bank account, ...

In other words what I mean here is that what are the hidden and open charges involved in the usage of the card.

Some banks charge when you use the card to pay for goods online, some even charge when you check your balance ...

Let's talk about this.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Qaslay(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2012
smiley
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Qaslay(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2012
WebSolutnX: Payment cards are now easy to get from every bank just like opening bank accounts. So, we have heard of Zenith bank WEB SURFER, GTBank NAIRA MASTERCARD, UBA AFRICARD, and others offered by other banks.

Like the opening of bank accounts, I like GTBank b'cos, its a zero balance bank account, ...

In other words what I mean here is that what are the hidden and open charges involved in the usage of the card.

Some banks charge when you use the card to pay for goods online, some even charge when you check your balance ...

Let's talk about this.

Yeah, thanks for raising the issue of banks charges for using these cards, which is also an important factor to consider when deciding on which one to choose.

But, let's leave GTB Naira MasterCard out of this cos its not accepted by a quite number of merchant in US, like Amazon, BestBuy, etc. Even where its accepted, you may need to try many times. Though I used it on Apple App store and it was accepted without much ado but then the payment was to Apple's banker in Luxembourg and not US.

So the ones to consider really are
1: GTB Dollar Visa Card linked to a Dollar domiciliary account
2: Zenith websurfer card(Mastercard)
3: UBA africard(Visa card)

So, please if you are using or have used any of these cards, please kindly share your experience and list the merchants/websites any of them has been accepted.

Hopefully through this information, we will be able to determine the best out of these cards.

Lest I forget, the charges WebsolutnX mentioned above is also important, let's comment on that too.

Thanks guys.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by smsmoney(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2012
Please who have used the cards listed above should tell us the best amongst them to enable us make the best decision
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by doczero: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
I have been using my Zenith bank websurfer to buy things on line in amazon.com, namecheap.com and hostgator.com and so on. Recently, I found out that some sites do not accept the websurfer. I wanted to be flipping sites at flippa.com but my websurfer was not accepted. Presently, I am looking for a way around this. Therefore, it may be necessary to go for a widely accepted card. Thanks
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by ziccoit: 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
I love this thread. The internet penetration in Nigeria is now very high which makes the online payment solution a necessity.

The question now is which is the best way out since we don't have access to PayPal. Pls, kindly help with the following:

1) Which is the best online payment solution most widely accepted?

2) Which is the cheapest?

3) Does any merchant ship to Nigeria?

Let us benefit from your wealth of experience by shielding more light on the above and more.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Qaslay(m): 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
Thanks Ziccoit for putting up those questions. I hope members of this great forum who have personal experience with any of these cards or on how to buy online generally will be able to provide useful answers to these questions

With the level of internet usage in Nigeria now, I think we should be able to do some of those things that have eluded us for years.

I also pray the government can do something fast to put an everlasting end to the menace called "yahoo yahoo" so that we can regain our credibility in the outside world and online transactions will be enjoyed by Nigerians.

So the questions again are:

1) Which is the best online
payment solution most widely
accepted?

3) Does any merchant ship to
Nigeria?

May be I should edit the title of the thread to make it more general and encompassing.
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by ziccoit: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
I don't know why this thread is not on the front page by now. This all about you and me, not about the politicians mortgaging our lives since God knows when. Pls, mr morderator stick this on the frontpage for a wider view and response.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by smsmoney(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2012
Those who have africard.Have u used it for facebook and adwords?If yes,what did u use as the billing address and is it d card with a name or card without a name that u used?
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by bukahands(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2012
I have all 3 cards for my online business, from my opinion gtb visa card shud be the best becos it is linked to ur dorm account, you only transfer the amount you need from your dorm to your card making it secure, the card is free for making online purchase and withdrawing fom gtbank atm. Charges for gtb visa card include $20 annual payment

Zenith websurfer
This card is quite ok apart from the $5 charge which you pay each tym you deposit and I don't use it becos payments can be made back into mastercards only Visa

Uba africard
Ii like this card cos its designed for online needs basically the charges are 100naira per deposit, 50naira per withdrawal from uba atm and 100naira from oda atm2.7%per transaction and high exchange rate, the downside of this card is that uba doesn't take this card seriously imagine some branches don't have the facilities for deposit into the account, the oda day I made a payment and it was declined but was debited I haven't been refunded since 1 month ago, when this happen in gtb I give it highest 3 weeks and the money is back, if you have uba africard never leave huge amounts in it. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by charlles(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Pls, I have a bet365 account and I want to make a deposit into it. Please which of the following visa card is ok with that, I have had of UBA Africard what are the requirements to have the Card...
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by 2sexy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
doczero: I have been using my Zenith bank websurfer to buy things on line in amazon.com, namecheap.com and hostgator.com and so on. Recently, I found out that some sites do not accept the websurfer. I wanted to be flipping sites at flippa.com but my websurfer was not accepted. Presently, I am looking for a way around this. Therefore, it may be necessary to go for a widely accepted card. Thanks
you cant pay flipping fee at flippa because paypal is the payment processor. Therefore, you need a paypal account or be in a paypal accepted country.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
ziccoit: I love this thread. The internet penetration in Nigeria is now very high which makes the online payment solution a necessity.

The question now is which is the best way out since we don't have access to PayPal. Pls, kindly help with the following:

1) Which is the best online payment solution most widely accepted?

3) Does any merchant ship to Nigeria?

Let us benefit from your wealth of experience by shielding more light on the above and more.

I use my PayPal account and UBA africard and I avnt tied that of GTB though I have GTB domiciliary account.
Some merchants like those from Alliexpress ship to Nigeria.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
2sexy:
you cant pay flipping fee at flippa because paypal is the payment processor. Therefore, you need a paypal account or be in a paypal accepted country.

You are right...PayPal rocks but anyone that want to run it from Nigeria must be fully equipped.......OK?

Anyone can as well contact me via
0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 if you want to make any payment online with PayPal.Thanks
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
Qaslay: Hi everyone,

Thanks.

From my own point of view and research,
Zenith websurfer is doing fine than all of them.

Simple and let this thread be closed as the DON has spoken..
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
ONLINEbizDON4U:

From my own point of view and research,
Zenith websurfer is doing fine than all of them.

Simple and let this thread be closed as the DON has spoken..

False... How can you make comment and want this thread to be close
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Murphy7h4: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2012
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Booty4me: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
smsmoney: Those who have africard.Have u used it for facebook and adwords?If yes,what did u use as the billing address and is it d card with a name or card without a name that u used?
Nice Question..... Pls do Anybody has an answer to this?
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by deleo16(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
pls have anyone use the africard on amazon
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by topsam2(m): 2:59am On Jul 10, 2012
Qaslay:

Yeah, thanks for raising the issue of banks charges for using these cards, which is also an important factor to consider when deciding on which one to choose.

But, let's leave GTB Naira MasterCard out of this cos its not accepted by a quite number of merchant in US, like Amazon, BestBuy, etc. Even where its accepted, you may need to try many times. Though I used it on Apple App store and it was accepted without much ado but then the payment was to Apple's banker in Luxembourg and not US.

So the ones to consider really are
1: GTB Dollar Visa Card linked to a Dollar domiciliary account
2: Zenith websurfer card(Mastercard)
3: UBA africard(Visa card)

So, please if you are using or have used any of these cards, please kindly share your experience and list the merchants/websites any of them has been accepted.

Hopefully through this information, we will be able to determine the best out of these cards.

Lest I forget, the charges WebsolutnX mentioned above is also important, let's comment on that too.

Thanks guys.

hmmm.. I can only share my xperience on the Gtb card.. As far as i'm concerned, Gtb visa card card (debit) is more prefarable to their mastcrd, the very first time i requested for a card in Gtb, they were issuieing mastercrd, after several wks of my applicatn, they later told me they ve probs wit mastcrd company that i shld go 4 d visa..long story short, i got d visa card which i used on many site and it workd perfectly. As at then, the charges are below: after makin a mandatory deposit of $150, d bank imediatly deducted $30 for annual charge, they dnt charge 4 any puchase u make online never, but when u want to withdraw 4rm it thru ATM, they charge u $3.5..change dat to 9ja moni, no charge 4 chekin bal,
but now thins don change d annual fee is now $50..that z all i know...i hope it helped
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by topsam2(m): 3:04am On Jul 10, 2012
menek: just go to any uba branch to ask of ubaafricard, they hav instant one for about 700 naira, you can load and use it right there. No time. It work like magic. It is has never been rejected at any site, even gambling site accept it. I was using websufer until some one introduce it to me. It convert dollar to naira n vice versa
plz does bet365 accept it? Or beta stil which betting accept it? Tanx
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by lacastre: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2012
Out of all this card
(ubaafricard,websurfer,gtb visacard) which of them can receive and pay out.i tried websurfer but mine doesn't receive it only pays out.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by 2sexy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacastre: Out of all this card
(ubaafricard,websurfer,gtb visacard) which of them can receive and pay out.i tried websurfer but mine doesn't receive it only pays out.
someone once said that Africard can debit and credit which i believe its true because there was a time when i didn't verify my hosting and the hosting company refunded the money back to my africard and i got an sms alert instantly.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
smsmoney: Those who have africard.Have u used it for facebook and adwords?If yes,what did u use as the billing address and is it d card with a name or card without a name that u used?
i use it on facebook ads and its just perfect.it will be ok with adwords.
Your billing details should match the one you used to open ur card.
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by bukahands(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Visa cards I.e GTBank visa and UBA africard both allows pay back. Mastercard policy only allows payouts from d card
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by danielng: 1:20am On Aug 03, 2012
I am sure that from this thread below....you can make a choice

https://www.nairaland.com/793026/uba-naira-visa-africard-makes
Re: GTB Dollar Visa Card Or Zenith Websufer Card? by modnd3(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
GTBank Visa Card (also know as GTBank Visa Classic Debit Card) works far better than all the Cards used for online payment, and of course in Nigeria.

I got the GTBank Visa Card recently, and all the sites that have refused/declined my GTBank Master Card for payment or the other, Started accepting my GTBank Visa Card like Magic.

It's only when you have it, that you will completely understand what I'm saying.

It cost $200 and between 7-14 working days to get it.

You can load any amount (USD) you want into it, and you can withdraw it in Naira from any ATM machine.

I LOVE GTBank.

May God Bless Them!

P.S. I'm not a Banker and do not even intend to be one. I'm an Information and Internet Marker - and this is why I'm an authority in this issue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Affiliate Marketing Create Employment For Nigerian Youths? / Recent Development In Banking Industry In Nigeria / Where In Nigeria Can We Find Kaolin In Commercial Scale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.