Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. (1111 Views)

CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn / You Want Naira To Be Strong Against Dollar? These Are What You Need To Do / Photo:things Nigerians Must Do If They Want Naira To Be Strong Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by wooks: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2012
Looking for a counterparty for a private transaction.

I recently opened an account with a CBN approved institution (one of the merchant banks).

1. You send your naira to their account with the funds marked for me as beneficiary.

2. I send my pounds to your nominated bank account in the UK.

I will not send my money until the merchant bank confirm receipt of your funds.

How do you know I won't cheat you. Simple.

I had to provide all kinds of identification to open my account with the institution.

Any funny business from me and the police can identify me from the documents lodged in the bank.

Secondly because the money is not being sent to a private account you will have my real name, from which I can also be identified.

Serious offer to transact today.
Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2012
- do you know how easy it is to open an account with fake documentation?
- do you know how easy it is to open an account with someone else's ID?
- how can anyone get their money if you have fled the country and relocated abroad under a fake name (living the good life with victim's money?

anyone who wants to change Pounds to Naira can do so with someone that NL can trust. Inspired M, the highly respected car dealer offers the same services to anyone here. the big difference is that he is well known on these NL shores, and thanks to his years of very successful pre order car business here AND showroom in 9ja, he can be TRUSTED, compare to you (aka a stranger with a bank account).

here is the link to anyone who need such service with someone they can TRUST: https://www.nairaland.com/779700/inspired-autos-bureau-de-change
Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by feelamong(m): 11:31am On Mar 30, 2012
wooks: Looking for a counterparty for a private transaction.

I recently opened an account with a CBN approved institution (one of the merchant banks).

1. You send your naira to their account with the funds marked for me as beneficiary.

2. I send my pounds to your nominated bank account in the UK.

I will not send my money until the merchant bank confirm receipt of your funds.

How do you know I won't cheat you. Simple.

I had to provide all kinds of identification to open my account with the institution.

Any funny business from me and the police can identify me from the documents lodged in the bank.

Secondly because the money is not being sent to a private account you will have my real name, from which I can also be identified.

Serious offer to transact today.

Bros.. I think you have to earn our trust!

I suggest that you arrange for one of the moderators here to act as an Escrow or Paypal.... then with time we will trust you!
Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by wooks: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
Just to answer some of the issues brought up.

1. No I don't know how easy it is open an account with fake ID because I am not a scammer.

2. If I really wanted to scam you guys it would be far easier to do it with dollars not pounds because there is more demand for dollars. Come to think of it I am not even after foreign currency I am after naira.

3. I will give the name of the institution. You can go to the Central Bank website and get their contact information to get independent verification. The head of customer services will verify that I am an established customer on whose behalf they are holding securities and a genuine overseas investor. He/she knows that I have been trying to change money to buy securities for some weeks now.

I cannot chop your money and run without liquidating my holdings with them abi? You will get your pounds the same day whereas I will not be able to liquidate my position in that time to run away with your money.

4. I am new to Nairaland and do not know the trustworthiness of the escrow services being suggested, so we are in catch 22. In essence I am suggesting that the merchant bank can act as a sort of escrow.

5. I am looking for a transaction in the region of N5-7m. Once I find a counterparty and we complete he can post here and that will be the end of it. I have a fixed amount once it is changed that will be it. No incredibly large amounts, no enticingly cheap exchange rate, no ongoing offer to change and no ongoing scam.

6. If after this you remain unconvinced. No wahala. Nothing spoil. Just remember I have been respectful.
Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2012
wooks: Just to answer some of the issues brought up.
1. No I don't know how easy it is open an account with fake ID because I am not a scammer.

sadly thats also what ALL scammers say.

2. If I really wanted to scam you guys it would be far easier to do it with dollars not pounds because there is more demand for dollars. Come to think of it I am not even after foreign currency I am after naira.

what has the currency got to do with anything? it could be Indian Rupee you are trying to change, and it would be the same thing. MONEY IS MONEY!

3. I will give the name of the institution. You can go to the Central Bank website and get their contact information to get independent verification. The head of customer services will verify that I am an established customer on whose behalf they are holding securities and a genuine overseas investor. He/she knows that I have been trying to change money to buy securities for some weeks now.

again, a scammer can provide all what you just talked about.....and more, through fake documents! just because you opened a bank account and "claim" to be a genuine businessman dont make no difference. the only way for someone to actually trust you is by doing what is known as left hand/right hand business: you guys meet, he shows you the cash and wait for the Pound sterling transaction to go through (online banking). you get your money when the money physically clears in his foreign bank account.

I cannot chop your money and run without liquidating my holdings with them abi? You will get your pounds the same day whereas I will not be able to liquidate my position in that time to run away with your money.

come on bro, dont insult our intelligence. do you know how long it will take to freeze your bank assets? by that time, you would have plenty of time to clear your account (if there is any funds to begin with). since you will pay the money from a DIFFERENT ACCOUNT, the Nigerian account could be EMPTY for all we know and the securities BOGUS. lol!

4. I am new to Nairaland and do not know the trustworthiness of the escrow services being suggested, so we are in catch 22. In essence I am suggesting that the merchant bank can act as a sort of escrow.

since you wouldnt trust a stranger with YOUR money, you should fully understand why a stranger wouldnt trust you with theirs. the bank you are working with is irrelevant because we all know that many criminals are working closely with bank employees, to perfect their scams.

5. I am looking for a transaction in the region of N5-7m. Once I find a counterparty and we complete he can post here and that will be the end of it. I have a fixed amount once it is changed that will be it. No incredibly large amounts, no enticingly cheap exchange rate, no ongoing offer to change and no ongoing scam.

unless it is a trusted member of NL that can vouch for your "transaction" (and even then), i doubt a simple post on NL will do. do you know how easy it would be for me to create a new profile and praise myself or my business?

6. If after this you remain unconvinced. No wahala. Nothing spoil. Just remember I have been respectful.

bro, dont get me wrong, this is Nigeria we are talking about.......many are hungry and willing to do any type of scam to get out of their predicaments. no one will ever trust you with 5Milla unless they were seriously lacking in the brain dept.

1 Like

Re: Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. by wooks: 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2012
I have said if una no want there is no wahala and I am not inclined to engage in argument.

I'm not interested in your escrow service thank you. If you too are not interested in my pounds sterling it's fine. There is no need to insult me or accuse me of something I haven't done.

I'm not asking anybody to trust me. Just pointing out the factual circumstance and what I think are the safeguards surrounding a deal with me.

Even though some of what you say doesn't really makes sense, if the safeguards are not sufficient for you it's fine.

Note I managed to decline your escrow service without calling them scammers.

In future try and do the same.

(1) (Reply)

How to start a Reputation Management Biz / Another Scammer On Nairaland Caught - BEWARE / What Type Of Mini Business Can Be Imported From Ghana Or Lome To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.