Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia (4394 Views)

Aston Villa Vs Arsenal ( 0 - 2) On 13th December 2015 / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Arsenal vs Aston Villa: FA Cup (4 - 0) On 30th May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by mukina2: 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
[img]http://p.twimg.com/ApPWAwRCEAEwx4i.jpg:large[/img]

The Villa Board received news today that our long-standing captain Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia.

Stiliyan developed a fever following the Arsenal game last Saturday and subsequently underwent tests conducted by Dr Ian McGuinness.

Haematology experts confirmed the diagnosis today.

We expect to learn more about Stiliyan's situation in due course and we have moved quickly to support him and his family.

During this time we ask that Stiliyan's privacy is placed ahead of all inquiries and trust that we will share information as we receive it.

Stiliyan is cherished by many and he will get from Villa every ounce of love and support that we have to help bring this to a positive conclusion.
Source
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by mukina2: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2012
sad sad
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Welder(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
very very sad development, kai from fever to radiation hazard(leukaemia).
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Coefficient(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2012
Darn! What's happening to footballers now? First,twas Fabrice,now Petrov. Thank God he didn't collapse on the pitch this time.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Coefficient: Darn! What's happening to footballers now? First,twas Fabrice,now Petrov. Thank God he didn't collapse on the pitch this time.

nothing. they are just humans like us. they fall sick too.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by EvilBrain1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2012
I guess his career is effectively over then. He's in his 30s already and chemotherapy is no joke. He's unlikely to ever play again.

Too bad. He's a good player.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Machini(m): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
A huge loss for Villa.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2012
Stiliyan is a warrior. He'll pull through bGg.

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Jaido14(m): 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
pray for petrov.get well soon.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Fin9(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
so bad
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by polokor60(m): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2012
not again,all the best petrov in your future endeavours cry
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by emsquare(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
Welder: very very sad development, kai from fever to radiation hazard(leukaemia).

Hmmmm!
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2012
Painful to hear this.
Illness is no respecter of wealth or fame.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by emmke(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
oh, S Petrov, my favorite villa player. U re a fighter as some one pointed out but i think u should just hang the boots. What a big lose to villa, and a big big lose to football.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by theviper1: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2012
wishing him a quick recovery.my prayers are with him and his loved ones.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by chelseabmw(m): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2012
so bad

muamba
abigdal and now
petrov

whats really happening?
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Nickydrake(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2012
I hope he bounces back. Petrov, such a good player. The times have been rather tragic in the world of football.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Krazylover: 10:24am On Mar 31, 2012
I guess his career is effectively over then. He's in his 30s already and chemotherapy is no joke.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Bastiger(m): 2:59pm On Mar 31, 2012
a sad news,very unfortunate.wish him well.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by ceejay80s(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
Wetin dey cause all these cancers?
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by neymar11: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2012
Krazylover: I guess his career is effectively over then. He's in his 30s already and chemotherapy is no joke.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2012
Reports are that he's pulled the plug on his career. Terrible news. I feel for him. His life has turned upside down within a week. Hope he recovers. I hear the survivability of this disease has greatly improved.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Reference(m): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
ceejay80s: Wetin dey cause all these cancers?

Though there are other factors by far (over 97%) the greatest predisposition is genetic. He probably inherited it and its been in his system but like in most cases age and the strains of professional sports has worn the last of his defences.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by emsquare(m): 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
Coefficient: Darn! What's happening to footballers now? First,twas Fabrice,now Petrov. Thank God he didn't collapse on the pitch this time.

LOL!
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by mayorxxxy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
I pray he recover soon.
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by sweetgala(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2012
Sad,stay strong stan
Re: Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia by Babaggio: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2012
I fear for him and hope/pray he pulls through this. Stiliyan is a top bloke.
You have to wonder what's happening to the football family though. So many shocking issues in the last 4 weeks - liver transplant (Abidal), cardiac arrest (Muamba) and acute leukaemia (Petrov). David Rocastle of Arsenal died of a similar disease (lymphoma) 11 years ago. Fingers crossed, Stiliyan will make a full recovery.

(1) (Reply)

The Europa League Results Of All Matches Played Yestaerday / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? / Strictly Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.