Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Moses And Superman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Moses And Superman (989 Views)

All Is Well - A Poem By Moses Abolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moses And Superman by mute4real: 6:54am On Mar 31, 2012
If you read wide and think deep you would have discovered that Moses and Superman is one and the same person. The difference is just creativity. And in case you are still wondering where the link is, then be patient and read on.

Funny as it may sound this note is neither about Moses nor Superman, but because I am a business man I have come to know that no matter how good your product is, if it does not have the right packaging it will not sell much. This note is about creativity.

One of the courses I teach my students in the School for Personal Leadership is Entrepreneurial Mindset. And contrary to what you may think it is not about starting businesses it is about thinking like the owner of the organization where you work in as an employee, because the lady who can think like an entrepreneur will rise to the top of any organization where she finds herself.

I sincerely pray that I can communicate what I have in my mind right now in this short note. Whenever I write for the public I am constrained by my readers. In the school my notes are much more longer. My students can attest to that.

In the course of teaching Entrepreneurial Mindset, we always look at the qualities of entrepreneurs. Now, this is not a lecture so we will go straight to the one quality I just want to talk about: Creativity and how you can change your whole life just by being creative.

It is no longer news that talent is overrated. Only the cream rises to the top. It takes creativity to make your talent work for you. My objective here is to show you how you can add creativity to your talent.

In his note If Life Is a Game, Atoyebi Oyelere wrote, “Just like gold in its rawest form, so is unrefined talent.” Creativity is one of the ways you can refine your talent and make it marketable. People go to the market to buy refined gold.

The only way to know if what you have is of real value is by attaching a price tag to it. If you offer anything for free there will always be someone who wants it. Some people are just addicted to freebies. And because there is a crowd around you, you think what you have is of real value. But to know the truth for yourself attach a price tag and see how many of those same people will pay for it the way it is.

If nobody is willing to pay for it, it means your talent is not refined and you still have some more work to do. This is where creativity comes in. How do I turn my talent into a marketable product? This is the question you must keep asking yourself. This kind of thinking is what is called Creative Thinking.

I could share with you stories of people who have changed their lives with this process but not too many of us are able to identify with such people. We admire them but we don’t really connect with them. So I’d rather use myself, seeing I am just starting out on this journey, too. And I am just like you.

When I began writing in this direction where the central theme of my notes is Personal Leadership I noticed a steep rise in my friend requests. Between 2008 and September 2011 I only had 200plus friends. Between September 2011 and November 2011 my friends list increased to 450 friends, and I only sent out about two or three friend requests. When I noticed this, a light bulb came on in my head.

If I could have had a hundred percent increase in friends within a space of 3months then there must be something right that I am doing. But I needed proof. After long hours of meditation I woke up one night in November 2011 with this concept in my head. So to test this theory I decided to start an online school where there will be no certificate and no exams: Two things that Nigerians go after. And the cost for the online School for Personal Leadership for the first set was N5,000. It was going to run for an entire month. To my amazement people paid, people who have never seen me before, both within and outside the country. As I write the second set of students are somewhere in cyber space going through my lecture notes. What did I do right?

Between 2008 and 2011 I had written several notes before, but there was no central theme. Today, it could be about bus conductors, tomorrow could be about relationship and the next day about politics. The same talent of writing was at play but it was unrefined. So all I was doing was helping my readers while away their time. But after my transformation occurred and I decided to focus on Personal Leadership because that was what led to my own transformation, everything changed. Today people pay me just to read my notes.

John Maxwell said, “There are so many things I can do but I will focus on the ones that yield the highest returns” Creativity helps you repackage your talent so it becomes valuable in the market place.

Like I said, this is not one of my lecture notes so I really cannot go deep. But I hope you were able to get one or two things?

Lest you think I have forgotten my promise, I have not. If you are still wondering what the link between Moses and Superman is, here is it.

Moses
The Hebrew were being persecuted, their first-born were being slain. A Hebrew couple placed their infant son in a little wicker basket and sent him down the River Nile where he was discovered by an Egyptian family who raised him as their son.

Superman
The planet Krypton was about to explode. A scientist and his wife placed their infant son in a little rocket ship and sent him to earth where he was discovered by the Kents who raised him as their son.

If you read wide and think deep you would have discovered that Moses and Superman is one and the same person. The difference is just creativity. And that difference generated revenue of over 532 Billion Dollars.

Thanks,
Mute Efe (www.facebook.com/mutehimself)
+234-803-874-9796

(1) (Reply)

Volunteer Writers Wanted For An Up Coming Canadian African Web Magazine / Twins'war / Who Calls The Rains?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.