Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Google-ize your site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Google-ize your site (901 Views)

Integrate Your Site With An E-commerce Payment Gateway / How To Add Site Search Code To Your Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google-ize your site by SmartK1(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
I just created a portal framework recently with C# and I feel I should share some concept I used with u guys.

I recently observed google and yahoo mails and tripped. I therefore did nothing new ( I guess) but just visualized what has been done in yahoo and google and implemented my own.

Description: I created a page that embeds other pages in them through d use of iframe. The only thing spectacular here is that the page is not known at design time and therefore one or two tricks are needed to load different page into iframe at run-time. Also user has to be validated whether he/she has right to that page before the page is loaded.

Steps:
i. Create a webservice that take a parameter to and returns string (of the page to be displayed)
ii. Call the sebservice through javascript proxy and get the resturn type
iii. Set the iframe to the return string.
iv. Enjoy your meal.

Note: make sure u check your Session user in the webservice before u authorize the real page return otherwise return noaccess page or something.

Good luck.
Re: Google-ize your site by zionmega(m): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2007
Thanks for your post, but try to explain more on the topic you just pasted because of we that are new to it.
Re: Google-ize your site by SmartK1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2007
Hi man. sorry for wasting ur time. i posted the code on another thread 'let share codes' i feel its still belongs there.

(1) (Reply)

How To Own A Paymeny Processor / Astropack: Free Iphone Game In The App Store / A Freelancing Website For Nigerian Programmers And Skilled Individuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.