Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" (7510 Views)

Protest Rocks The Polytechnic Ibadan As Students Fight For Their Right. / National Open University Of Nigeria Law Students And Graduates. / Nigerian Students, Fight F.g And Support ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by Sugardiva(f): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2012
olajide_07:
But I thought from the post of OP, the elections have been won and lost already
N.B- "he contested against the ganiyat and lost the sit to her" coupled with the fact that if he was the SRC rep., would he be able to face his father and woe him into dashing some if not all of them some small stipends for a life well lived, this should happen more just my thought thou come to think of it "what was he actually bribing/settling/giving them a largese for O?" Coz theirs practically nothing at stake at that level except I can't see.

Excellent reasoning.
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by emsquare(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
jamace: Learning the art of egunje collection right from the cradle. Too bad for the already corruption battered Nigeria.

Imagine!
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by Nickydrake(m): 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
obinon:
Are you in unijos?

What do you think?
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by sexyverah(f): 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
whateva if dey like let them kill themselves... does it luk lik we care?
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by Nickydrake(m): 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2012
sexyverah: whateva if dey like let them kill themselves... does it luk lik we care?

'We' here would be? undecided
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by Pukkah: 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2012
This is shoddy journalism at its best from Compass. So Bourdillon is now in Victoria Island, eh? They couldn't even get the location of a street right.
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by gururguy: 1:12am On Apr 01, 2012
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by obinon(m): 7:21am On Apr 01, 2012
Nickydrake:

What do you think?
i think you are(harmless question)from your post i deduced that.The governor happens to be benue state governor and i remember this kind of thing happening then.
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by greatlee(m): 6:08am On Apr 02, 2012
SimonAndal: Aaah! Greedy monkeys. I love it! Here monkey! I got bananas!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Just can't stop laughing
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by lastpage: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
I truly weep for this country and its people! cry cry

A Cliche says "The Banana is rotting, we say its ripening instead"! (Literately)

This is just another example of a country down the slippery slope of ignominy!

The "country" is just a geographical expression but its "the people" that actually makes a country.

If 'the people' (or majority of them) are morally bankrupt,then THE COUNTRY ITSELF IS BANKRUPT!

Its even worse now that these "moral bankruptcy" seems to have become a way of life! We cant even see it as "an aberration", anymore!

There are few professions that should naturally command respect in any sane society (Doctors, teachers,..) and the Legal Profession is one of them.
Thats why we call them "learned Gentlemen", that is why they are "called to THE BAR"

They are supposed to be the "MORAL COMPASS" OF THE SOCIETY!

So when l see our Lawyers (they have actually graduated and are just doing one year internship. Many would be sitting in court in a few months, defending the "defenseless"? behaving or induced to behave this way, l feel sad

This culture of "open, brazen, settlement/bribery/corruption", glamorized by former head-of-state Ibrahim Babangida, IS SHAMEFUL.
People like 'the respected' Bola Ahmed Tinubu have now turned it into a "state Art".

What are we teaching the younger ones? Does this country still have a future or have we turned ourselves into the a "shameless, leprous prostitute" in the eyes of the rest of the world?

We Nigerians should stop acting "stewpidly-smart" when it comes to issues like these; the world has gone "global" and nothing done is hidden anymore!
Like my Momma will say, "If the world calls you a thief, dont go around dancing with a lamb in your hands" (like thats what you stole!).

Every right thinking person, with a shred of common sense and dignity will see this for what it is: A Shameless and immoral largesse from someone who is supposed to know better and be "a torch of moral-guidance" to the younger ones but whose depravity knows no bounds and thus perpetuates the global belief that Nigerians are naturally corrupt!

Even if he must dole out 'looted funds' as "transport honorarium", why not just quietly and decently pay it into the account of the student body?
Why not make it an endowment for "scholastic achievements" in the school? Why not use it to supply legal books? Why not use it to build a lecture hall for students or even cover the cost of some "database" that Lawyers and law enforcement Agents can use in tracking down criminals (Am l joking on this one? grin )?

I really feel sad for this country. Its an "inherently" great country but the people are becoming something else!

Lastpage!
Re: Law Students Fight Over Tinubu's "Settlement" by olajide8(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
SimonAndal: Aaah! Greedy monkeys. I love it! Here monkey! I got bananas!
People have a right to talk and some don't have a right to breathe a racist should be allowed to talk especially when he can't reason well read the story white bear come take "tilapia" if u need a dico go to google and pick out each word and assess the story Compass is owned by a member of the ruling party (PDP) and they are doing everything to turn nigeria into a one party state, the main figure in opposition is celebrating his birthday and they are doing what they call DEMARKETING

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Form 2016/2017! All You Need To Know / How To Calculate LASU Aggregate Score For Admission / Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.