Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,126 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! (8571 Views)

Any Information About FUOYE POST UTME Should Help Me. / Virginity Test For Female Students To Be Conducted By Convenant University? / Now That Post Jamb Has Been Suspended, How Will Admission Be Conducted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! by MyVicky: 12:06am On Apr 04, 2012
Bawsse: The best solution to everything is just doin it l ;Dike the americans: creatin much much more universities (the americans have over a thousand), increasin the validity period of jamb reults, jamb exams shud occur more than once a year, then there shud ß an ability of students to apply for more than just two universities cheesy everybody wud then ß happier an less frustratedgrin grin grin
I perfectly agree with your view.
Re: UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! by mobeenet(m): 5:48am On Apr 04, 2012
smiley the best thing is to prepare for jamb and post jamb and make it once. But as for the validity of jamb result, i think i should supprt the motion dat jamb result validity should be extended bcuz rewriting the exam every has turn revenue generation for jamb and liability for writers. Moreso, writing jamb 2 to 3 times in a year is just a type of dream that can never come to pass cuz schools in nigeria admit students per year not per month. I'll like to beseech the jambites that they shuldn't rely on any expo cuz we can have d capabilities and the traits of jamb success in us only if we can devote our time to study. I don't think there shuld be any argument on this again. My own genuine opinion is dat candidate that can make it up to the cutoff mark of jamb in a certain year should be able to use the former jamb result for admission if he/she was unfortunate to gain an admission that year.
Re: UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! by mobeenet(m): 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
amosy007: embarassed what a post... When admission in every school all over the world is per session equivalent to one year... So u wnt schools to be admitin people twice or thrice a year... May be we should beg jamb to make it 72 times a year or perhaps everyday thingy so people wnt have to fail it again
U post something reasonable. Schools admit students in session.

Re: UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! by MyVicky: 8:51am On Apr 06, 2012
amosy007: embarassed what a post... When admission in every school all over the world is per session equivalent to one year... So u wnt schools to be admitin people twice or thrice a year... May be we should beg jamb to make it 72 times a year or perhaps everyday thingy so people wnt have to fail it again
To say that every school ALL OVER the world admits per session is to commit the fallacy of ignorance and hasty generalization; Schools in some part of the globe admit,at least, thrice per session. They usually have Fall, Spring and Summer entries! That said and done, here, we are talking about Nigeria where Nigerian schools do not have a uniform academic calendar and a student can gain admission every month of the year to different schools in Nigeria. Some schools in Nigeria resume by January, others by Feb, Mar all through to December! The major challenge, as someone rightly pointed out, is the infrastructural decay in the Nigerian education Sector. However, JAMB and the Fed. Govt. Do not have any right to punish and extort the Nigerian masses for their own ineptitude. Why should JAMB receive money from 1.5million students when they know that the schools can only admit about 200 thousand students? If JAMB is truly sincere about the UTME, then every student must be given the right to attempt the exam, at least, twice per year!
Re: UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! by MyVicky: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2012
mobeenet:
U post something reasonable. Schools admit students in session.
To say that every school ALL OVER the world admits per session is to commit the fallacy of ignorance and hasty generalization; Schools in some part of the globe admit,at least, thrice per session. They usually have Fall, Spring and Summer entries! That said and done, here, we are talking about Nigeria where Nigerian schools do not have a uniform academic calendar and a student can gain admission every month of the year to different schools in Nigeria. Some schools in Nigeria resume by January, others by Feb, Mar all through to December!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NANS Protests, Accuses APC Of Being Silent Over ASUU Strike / Inquiries About FRCN Training School / Babalakin Heads New FG-ASUU Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.