Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Funny But True To Life Superstitions - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (24737 Views)

Funny But True African Proverbs / Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2012
mollytinrox: Here are a few:
*if you spit on the ground and you don't cover it up with sand, and some fellow steps on it, you're bound to have sore throat.
*if you have sex in the afternoon, you'll birth an albino.
*if you're pregnant and you eat plantain, your child's head will have ridges. If you eat okra or snail, the child will be sluggish and drooling!
*If you're lying or sitting down and you're pregnant, and someone crosses over you, your child will look like the person.
*if you're pregnant and you go out @ noon without a piece of metal or rock, evil children will enter your womb and you'll birth them.
these ones,classic!
Dunno if they are ever true though...

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
yuzedo: If you say "its getting hot in here" 3 times into a mirror, Nelly appears and puts plaster on your cheek.
Try it, it works!!! angry angry angry
lmao!sad
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
basking4me: The throw your tooth with 7 stones thing was trouble for me oo.. cos I almost didnt have any teeth left in my mouth at a stage in my life.. The lizards had my dentition for dinner.

I feared this one too back then.
Lolsad
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by bluejeff(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
My younger brother believes whenever he misses a man utd match they never win.

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Muttex(m): 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
if you seat on the entrance when the rain is falling, thunder will strike you...///// ;Dif you seat on the entrance when the rain is falling, thunder will strike you.../////
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Kslib(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
My aunt told me that if a woman throws away a Millipede, it will come back to where you threw it from.but if a man throws it away, it will not return.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by AdeniyiA(m): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=lilkech]in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

-- i agree wt u, dis is absolutely correct, i did it n it worked. it was later in life d thing got faded out
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by koolkamzzy(m): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
If somebody bites you and you rub some fresh okro on it, the persons teeth falls off grin grin grin
if you put on the light (lantern)when its raining thunder will trace the light and strike anybody seated close to the light
if you put your hand in somebody's hand and suck it, you are sucking the persons blood
if a married woman make luv to another man other than her husband she falls sick and dies if she doesn't confess (i think this works in some part of Nigeria)
if you have sour throat, go to where three roads meet (Orita meta) and rub salt, the sour throat will Automatically be transfered to the first person that step on it
If you set fire on somebody's shit, the person's Anus will pull out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If you spit on the ground and somebody steps on it, you will have sour throat

the leke leke thingy still dey surprise me o....

Reverting with further updates grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
if salamanda bite you, it will stick to your body until thunder strikes 7times....lol
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Yeske2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
lilkech: in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me
What a coincidence, this worked for me too those days.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by yuzedo: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you fart, quickly increase the volume of the nearest radio or television set and the smell of the mess will disappear! grin tongue Try it. . angry angry angry IT WORKS!!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sexlog(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
dayokanu: If you wan grow beards rub methylated spirit on your chin
This reminds me when i was desperately in need of a beard at 17. I rubbed spirit, i applied igbo mixed with spirit, i used one black soap like that, they call it ghana soap; I applied all these things twice in a day for more than three months.
Ol boy, ten years later i still don't have a strand of hair on my chin.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
bluejeff: My younger brother believes whenever he misses a man utd match they never win.

ME TOO
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by omoghana22: 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2012
waooooooooooo...........you are all lost children of the land...this superstition is what make us african..they are all spiritual signs. and must be perform with little ritual. they are true stories from our forefathers. Though most 21st century superstition doent work but the older once remains valid
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Johnny(m): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thereā€˜s this one i still do unconsciously;if my eyelid scratches me(like boil trying to develope on it),i just touch my saliva with my fingertip &touch d eyelid 3x....the boil disappears immediately.it works for me oo.

Also,if pepper enters my eye,i just lick some salt....i got relieved insanta!!
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by mollie12: 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2012
valencia25:

sincerely I totally Agree with this, expecting someone to prove this wrong?

Never bothered to try it out!

All I remember is the attendant song:

Leke leke fly pass my head
I pick stone stone am
E begin to curse me
Sege, waka

*lolsquared*
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sexlog(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
koolkamzzy: If somebody bites you and you rub some fresh okro on it, the persons teeth falls off grin grin grin
if you put on the light (lantern)when its raining thunder will trace the light and strike anybody seated close to the light
if you put your hand in somebody's hand and suck it, you are sucking the persons blood
if a married woman make luv to another man other than her husband she falls sick and dies if she doesn't confess (i think this works in some part of Nigeria)
if you have sour throat, go to where three roads meet (Orita meta) and rub salt, the sour throat will Automatically be transfered to the first person that step on it
If you set fire on somebody's shit, the person's Anus will pull out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If you spit on the ground and somebody steps on it, you will have sour throat

the leke leke thingy still dey surprise me o....

Reverting with further updates grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by lilkech(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2012
if you are asleep and a spider walks over you or the celign above you (that type of spider that jumps and scavenges) you would have a very bad nightmare

if you have a child that bed wets, just cook a delicious meal of roast agama lizards (the males with the red heads) and serve to the child for the predicament to stop asap
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by jebbi: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
If a firefly flies into your house, you'd have a visitor the next day. Used to work till I stopped believing all dis crap
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by orekinky: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
lilkech: in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me
. You are correct, but the song is leke-leke bami leke, eye adaba bamileke (2ce) Mu dudu lo, mu funfun bowale till when you gets tired, lo and behold and just like magic you have some of the fingers painted with white streaks. Worked for me too while still small.

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by kcreal(f): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2012
When I was a kid, we spent so much time at the stream swimming,when we got home our parents will be angry with us.
Later we learnt tieing grasses together, once we spend the whole of the day swimming and tie the grasses on our way home, no one will question
why we came back very late.it really work.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Confusion: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

i dont know how or what makes this happen, but i can say to anyone that doubts that it did happen to me and all my friend, i guess it just the power of believing, because we were small and we just believed it without thinking and it works everytime, sometimes we even begin to debate who got the most whites patched on the fingers. i know some will say there is no scientific fact but i know like i know that i did happen
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by fnk: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you go to a market and take a mirror and bend down and look at the lets of the people walking around in the market, you will notice that some of them are ghost, their legs doesn't touch the ground. But if they discover you, they will try to hit the mirror off your hand and if they do and the mirror touch ground, you will die. I thought of trying it out at Oshodi market, but fear no allow me.

If you see a dead person that you know, if you can go behind them and use a Razor blade and put a mark at their back, they will stay and come back to live.

I think the she-ke-le-ke thing is because when you shake your hands for that length time, the blood in those finger tips moves back, creating those white spots.

2 Likes

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by joe4christ(m): 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem:
-if someone is set out to punish you and you want him/her to forget,remove an eyelash and put it in your hair!cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's actually a magic cos it works for me as a teenager back then, e.g like going to the river to swim with friends knowing one would be beaten by parent cos they've warned me never to go there, all i do is dive deep into the river and get a spottless pure white stone and once i get home i just drop it at the door step and then remove my eyelashes and place it on my head, once my parent or whoever intend flogging me crosses that stone, no matter how furiouse that person was that's case closed. As matter of fact they tend to forget i ever did anything wrong.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by tasandra: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
If a lizard pass near u,u will get pregnant,,,,,,it works because,it happens to my then frnd. grin ;DI was supprise she trully mist her wetin call that month..nobi small thin oo.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by desperatem(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

Ha guy u self don tay o grin you remind me of those days of leke leke bami leke. It works 100% that time, i dunno if it still work though
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Leyelyzo: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you are going to meet somebody and you had a knock on your left leg fingers, you will not meet the person at home. Or something like a bad omen
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by basking4me: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
Au about if you eat fish bone and it got stuck in your throat, you should take a 'mossle' of eba and the bone will dissappear.

For my poultry followers, if you're too well decked up or too well dressed and you feed your layers, they won't give you eggs, cos they believe their owners should be poor to have acquired them in the first place. Man, I wear rags to my farm now and my layers are laying good eggs. grin

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by emsquare(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: -if a girl pounds an empty mortar,her biyest would become saggy!
-if someone is set out to punish you and you want him/her to forget,remove an eyelash and put it in your hair!cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah right!
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

Big fat lie, it doesn't always work and the song goes thus: Leke leke bami leke eye adaba ba mi leke, mu dudu lo, mu funfun bo wa le
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by olayiwola9(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you eat a chicken's anus, you get to reveal any secret you have.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
tasandra: If a lizard pass near u,u will get pregnant,,,,,,it works because,it happens to my then frnd. grin ;DI was supprise she trully mist her wetin call that month..nobi small thin oo.

which kind lizard be that?
Shey na that type wey guy man go carry come cross between im two legs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2021 Igede Carnival In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi At Maryland Grand Ball - See Photos / Know Your Chi: How To Know Your Guardian Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.