Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 (2764 Views)

Twitter IPO Updates / Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by ugo227(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2007
I just heard that Zenith Bank is coming to the market, how true is it!!!!!!!!

Please can anybody pls confirm.
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by Etin(f): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2007
Proshare News and Analysis
Zenith placed on technical suspension
Posted Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Nigerian Stock Exchange, this morning, has placed Zenith Bank Plc. stock on technical suspension following the receipt of application for:

(1) a public offer of 2,025,000,000 units at N38.90 (Valued at N78, 772, 500, 000:00k);and

(2) rights offer of 1,930,317,563 units at N36.90 (valued at N71, 228, 718, 074:70k).

The total offer size is N150, 001, 218, 074.70k.

The offer is coming out at about the same time FCMB and FIDELITY arerounding off their public offer, AFRIBANk opened its offer and Bank PHB will debut. Other banks seeking funds include Sterling bank, First Inland Bank and Unity Bank.

We will keep you updated with developments.

I hope this helps.
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by IykeD(m): 12:32am On Nov 02, 2007
Na wao.Is this the seaon of Bank IPO's.Zenith is my Bank but i am wondering what they too are looking for in the market.
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by Princesege(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2007
Almost all the big banks are now going for IPO. Can we examine what these activities potend for investors and our banking industry in general?

I hope they are not affected by the credit crunch being witnessed in almost all the western countries.

I welcome constructive comments please.

Prince.
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by Truthman(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2007
Good people,
it is a public offer and not an IPO!!!!
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by wham(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2007
Yes.

Its a Public Offer (PO) and not an Initial Public Offer (IPO).
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by oshkosh(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2007
I'm a little concerned. I do not believe these banks can grow their revenue at the same pace.
This will not necessary translate into better shareholder value.

This is also depressing the secondary market. I think the central bank should bring in regulation to stem
the tide. Maybe stipulating that a minimum notice of 1 year should be given to the sec, nse will help
cool this trend.

This rush to market is becoming a turn by turn business and is starting to be worrying.
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by frankiriri(m): 8:39am On Nov 06, 2007
oshkosh:

I'm a little concerned. I do not believe these banks can grow their revenue at the same pace.
This will not necessary translate into better shareholder value.

This is also depressing the secondary market. I think the central bank should bring in regulation to stem
the tide. Maybe stipulating that a minimum notice of 1 year should be given to the sec, nse will help
cool this trend.

This rush to market is becoming a turn by turn business and is starting to be worrying.
I dont agree with you.
The opportunities for them to grow income is vast. Nigeria is still awash with a lot of opportunities that are awaiting financing. Some of them require sums in the range of billions of naira. Prevously most big ticket transsactions were packaged by Nigerian banks with foreign bankers as the main lenders, that picture is gradually changing.
As far as the bank concerned has the track record of performing and they have the vision and the capacity to utilise that capital then they are welcome to come to the market as many times assituation demands.
How beit, I wont deny the fact that some of the banks are just trying to meet the $1b capital requirement for managing the foreign reserve
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by Gettolove(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2007
undecidedjust hope the money would help grow our economy
Re: Zenith Bank Ipo @ N36 by BabsO2(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2007
The statistics is not too bad for a BUY. tongue

The only annoying bit is I will be able to buy fewer shares now than those who bought earlier. angry

(1) (Reply)

How Is Shares Calculated / Finally, MMM Nigeria Begins Payment - The Cable News / Telecoms Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.