Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience (8274 Views)

Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / BREAKING NEWS: Etisalat Blackberry Complete Is Now N1000!!! / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by cynthiafred67(f): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2012
Etisalat is worst when it comes to BB services, even their customer rep is crap.undecided can't wait for my bis to expire so i can switch back to Airtel joor!
Airtel's customer care is the best it beats Mtn's!!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by 1virus(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2012
Custormer service generaly in nigeria is like HELL. They are all birds of same feather, d worst i'v xperience is DSTV. Imagine! after 6days of paiment i was unable 2 c eny station. D painful part of it is thier cs is not free u most have atlist 5oo to 1k b4 u can call them, half of ur money is 4 advert. After picking they were even blaming me why i did'nt on my tv set and decoder b4 going to bank 4 paiment 'imagine! '' there is noting we can do is on our falt d six days is gone'' .@ that moment i was speechles.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2012
I'm surprised at d no. Of pple dat hav an etisalat,airtel or what's their name again problems and yet pple still use these networks. Question is, is it by force to use these networks? To all of u complaining do u need us to tell u to change networks? Is not like there is a law or anything stopping u from changing. Ure all talking like they've used juju or afrcan magic on u all. Pls forget dat issue and tell freecoacoa I'm in love wit her. Thank u
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by blank(f): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2012
I remember once when i called glo's customer service. They kept me on hold for God knows how long. When the guy finally picked, he started asking me dumb questions. I tried to tell him that was not my issue and to explain the issue. U should have seen how he shouted at me, like i was a little kid. I almost cried out in frustration. He then told me that he is transferring me and then cut the call!

I jejely stomached the insult and went to their office to lay my complaint. At least that one, no one can shout at you nor drop the phone on you.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by brigglez(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2012
Try and call Swift Network Customer Care, you will never remain the same again..
They will practically put you on hold and this can go on for as much as 15 - 20mins giving you different numbers.
when it now gets to your turn only for them to tell you that the server connecting your area is faulty and there's nothing they can do until they finish working on it.

gbogboti: In fact, OP, u have said it all. For one whole week, etisalat couldn't resolve my complaint. It was so annoying. They have the worst customer service amongst all the networks. Their 200 is a complete rubbish. I have mailed them severally to learn customer services support from the Y'ello network. Abeg, etisalat is complete nonsense. For BIS I will not even ask my enemy to try etisalat or glo. I tried using glo once, omo, I nearly cry. Etisalat is only good for DATA BUNDLE BROWSING. Even at that, if mistakenly enter a different data bundle plan as against the one you intended, u are finished cos' they won't opt you out of that. It happened to me once. What I did was to get another of their SIM. CUSTOMER SERVICE in Nigeria is rubbish. Try calling DSTV to reconnect you after payment "you go know how far". They will be using your credit to tell you about cashless Nigeria, mobile money etc. You can imagine? The guy who picked my last reconnection call will never forget me in a hurry. After wasting my money on advertising how to go about DSTV payment under a cashless Nigeria policy and mobile money nonsense, the guy wanted to ask me my name, email address, etc. "I told him to shut up and reconnect me" after telling him my SMART CARD NUMBER. I told him that they can't do all that nonsense in SA. Nigerians can endure sha.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Yeske2(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2012
I really think a good network depends on what part of the country you are. Etisalat for me is the bomb here in Onitsha with its fast blazing downloads, not even MTN can beat that.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by sylve11: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
blank: I use etisalat bis and it has been smooth sailing. My husband wants 2 dump his MTN for Etisalat. The day I had Etisalat issue was d day I knew the customer service was crap. All the original poster said was correct. The annoying part is when they say do a hard reset and they have fixed it. In 30mins, u should be able to browse. 1hr later, u are still where u are. After 3 days, they sent me an sms that it can't be configured over the air. I should go to their experience center. I was so pissed.

I went to their shop n it was worse. First they said their bb server was down. Next they said the whole hard n soft reset. Then they will just be pressing the phone like they know what they are doing. What r u looking for? Network options. Why did u not just ask me, they will be looking like mumu. 5 days before they rectified d problem n no compensation.

lol @ thr bolded part, abag nor kill me. grin grin grin grin grin cool

In Kaduna, Airtel is doing well with their BIS, In Warri same too, only that few times in Warri there won't be network for almost 4-5 hours and that is annoying. Glo is also good in Warri with their BIS, Mtn is the worse for me both in Kaduna and Warri, i don't want to even set my eyes on any banner with y!ello written on it angry angry angry cool
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Jaabr: 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
The thing is MTN just the same once you re in nigeria, its only patience that 'll get u through
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Callfubu(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
GLO is the best, i'v use it not just on my BB, but a few of my friends also use it. I download songs of about 4MB in less than 40seconds, browsing is easier and fast. Twitting is just bliss. GLO wit pride...
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by basking4me: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
Etisalat... ''the worstest'' and most stupid network in the World.

I ran a 1000 naira per month data plan on my nokia phone with them and last year, i swapped to their stupid BIS service for my BB. for 1 yr now, these core of incompentent nicompu's charge me N4000 instead of the usual N3000 every month.

Imagine the feeling you get, when you have to load N3k for your monthly bis refill, then once you load the first 1000, it eats it up and still tell you to load N3k again.

I spoke severally to their CC service, but the guys at the other end have no clues on resolving my problem, they cant even stop the extra 1k from their end and have no way to get my money back.

You know what I did, I Yanked the etisalat sim off and bought an MTN sim when my bis expired. I have decided hence forth to de-promote/ undecided and critique them in negativity for the pain they caused me because they have now forced me to a network I naturally detest, MTN...

These Etisalat guys are just managing bandwidth with their snail speed BIS. If you know whats GOOD for you.. Dont Buy etisalat oooo. bye bye!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dadedokun: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
Well it's different strokes for different folks.Having been a call centre agent in on of these telco companies in contention ;I must admit that there is more to that which meets the eyes.NCC should principally be blamed ,thereafter the management of these telcos.customer service in most telco is 100% outsourced.most of these BIS issues have limited 1st contact solution hence someone at the back office needs to resolve them.the man you are speaking with can only log it on the system then give you a timeline for resolution as agreed by the telco.due to cutting cost they have limited back office staffs hence issues keep piling up unresolved.unfortunately the call centre agent who at 80% of customer's call back empathises but is handicapped.there is nothing he can do.due to outsourcing all previledges he had to do a follow up is withdrawn.Honestly he does not have the blame,he only bears the brunt.

1 Like

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by basking4me: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
Seun.. pl keep this thread on top at the frontpage as long as you can abeg.

These telecom guys are insulting our intelligentia, most especially etisalat. They are not only here to make money but also to provide QOS,

If they cant, then let them leave!, etisalat especially again!., nonsense people.

Where is the customer protection board or body to deal with useless people...
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dkings101(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
basking4me: Seun.. pl keep this thread on top at the frontpage as long as you can abeg.

These telecom guys are insulting our intelligentia, most especially etisalat. They are not only here to make money but also to provide QOS,

If they cant, then let them leave!, etisalat especially again!., nonsense people.

Where is the customer protection board or body to deal with useless people...

I also want this thread up as long as it can so if the management of these stupid enterprise sees it...they can redress their bleeping ass. Seriously, there should be a body to address these extortionist. No where to complain and fight for our right. We are just being exploited each and every day. Network would go off, calls keep dropping while we keep on paying for the service. This is not hw a privately owned business should be run. Even Etisalat can't offer this kind of service in emirate. Stupid Arabo them.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by emsquare(m): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Niiade: I tire ooooooooo, like say to provide service na by force

LOL!!!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Deltagal: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
Etisalat customer service is horrible.put u on hold for several minutes advertising their crap and then d call ends and u have to try again. Been calling them for two days and still haven't spoken to an agent.just wanted to try etisalat bis cos I could only get edge on my mtn bis.after deducting my money I can't still do anything.horrible people!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Jaabr: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
MTN IS THE WORST AND WHEN IT COMES TO CUSTOMER CARE DON'T EVEN TRY CALLING ETISALAT they might pick and tell u that the issue will be resolved in 24 hours but once you hang up you 'll be forgotten and nothing will be resolved, case closed.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by SanFranc(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2012
ETISALAT,,,Hmmm, BIS service used to be very okay before, but now it sucks big time. Its so bad that your pings are delivered hours after and that is if delivered at all. The most annoying thing is that no one in that organization deems it fit to offer any reasonable excuses or apologies to the numerous subscribers. I have made up my mind to dump them and switch over to another network as soon as my hopeless Etisalat BIS expires tomorrow afterall it costs the same 3k.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Ubiero(f): 11:22am On Apr 03, 2012
I swear, I've been using Airtel network since forever. And they were behaving well but now I don't know wat has happened to them. For over 2 weeks, I've been unable to browse and i keep calling their customer service. They just keep telling it will be rectified. Anyway, I got angry and went to buy an MTN sim which I just registered and will subscribe to their internet service as it appears that their service is kinda better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Purchase Bulk Uk Used Phones In London! / Airtel Sim Swap / Glo Bis. Unlimited On Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.