Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,477 members, 7,865,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

Give This Lady Some Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Give This Lady Some Advice. (1461 Views)

How This Lady Nearly Died In Her Bed (photos) / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give This Lady Some Advice. by maclatunji: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2012
I am a threatened and abused second wife. I am a 24yr old mother-of-one who is really stressed by my so-called husband. He has never gone to my parents to inform them officially that we have been together for the past five years. When we started living together, his mother was angry and she disliked me. When I had the baby after two years, she never visited us. She came much later, and only because she was tricked by her son.

He is 34 now, but when we first met I was only 16 and naive. He was married, so we used to meet in hiding. After I completed school, I ran away from home and we started living together. My parents were angry with me, but have with time accepted me back.

He started beating me whenever he came home late. He also started spending nights away and tried to make me believe that he was at his wife’s place, but deep down I knew it was a lie. I endured this life because he was well aware that I could not dare go home and say I had been beaten. Finally, I could not take it anymore, so I went back home. He later called me and apologised, so I went back. He has continued to mistreat me, but I cannot leave him because he keeps threatening to kill me, saying the new Constitution allows him to be out on bail and fight his case because in Kenya, if you have money, justice is in your hands, he has even tried to strangle me. I left him and went back home, but the following day, he was waiting for me at the college I attend, carrying acid. I was so scared that I packed my things and moved back.

He is well connected and I fear that even if I report him to the police, justice will not be done. What can I do? I am wasting my time; while his life is going on, mine has stopped. Even if I leave and get a job, he will give me no peace. If I move out and look for a job somewhere I will not work; he will disturb me. And if I leave my son, he will take him to his wife and I do not want to lose my child because I love him.

Please like this post and share this with your friends, but more importantly, i need your honest opinion.

Came across the story on Facebook and decided to share here.

1 Like

Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by taryour(f): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2012
maclatunji: I am a threatened and abused second wife. I am a 24yr old mother-of-one who is really stressed by my so-called husband. He has never gone to my parents to inform them officially that we have been together for the past five years. When we started living together, his mother was angry and she disliked me. When I had the baby after two years, she never visited us. She came much later, and only because she was tricked by her son.

He is 34 now, but when we first met I was only 16 and naive. He was married, so we used to meet in hiding. After I completed school, I ran away from home and we started living together. My parents were angry with me, but have with time accepted me back.

He started beating me whenever he came home late. He also started spending nights away and tried to make me believe that he was at his wife’s place, but deep down I knew it was a lie. I endured this life because he was well aware that I could not dare go home and say I had been beaten. Finally, I could not take it anymore, so I went back home. He later called me and apologised, so I went back. He has continued to mistreat me, but I cannot leave him because he keeps threatening to kill me, saying the new Constitution allows him to be out on bail and fight his case because in Kenya, if you have money, justice is in your hands, he has even tried to strangle me. I left him and went back home, but the following day, he was waiting for me at the college I attend, carrying acid. I was so scared that I packed my things and moved back.

He is well connected and I fear that even if I report him to the police, justice will not be done. What can I do? I am wasting my time; while his life is going on, mine has stopped. Even if I leave and get a job, he will give me no peace. If I move out and look for a job somewhere I will not work; he will disturb me. And if I leave my son, he will take him to his wife and I do not want to lose my child because I love him.

Please like this post and share this with your friends, but more importantly, i need your honest opinion.

Came across the story on Facebook and decided to share here.

OMG dis young woman is realy suffring and would loose her worth if she stays anoda nyt in d mans house. My advise is go bak to ur parents n plead with dem on ur knees. Explain evrytin u av gon tru to dem,dont hold anytin bak,all d beatins,threat,acid saga. They will know wot to do. D man can not and will not kill u,but if u give him d chance by living with him again then he will certainly kill u n trow ur corpes away without ur parents knowing cause he could lie to dem dat u ran away from his house just as u ran away from ur parents house at 16.
D earlier u inform ur parents d beta. U are only 24,very young and still av a bright future and alot to achive.as u leave his house take ur child along.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by agiboma(f): 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2012
Yes I agree with the previous poster. First step is to get away from him and with that you need help, your parents are the best one;s to help you relocate. Talk to them dont hide anything, put it all out in the open. Ask them to help you relocate to another city possibly where it would be hard for him to track you down and start a new life for yourself. Its not gonna e easy but you got to stay committed to freeing yourself completley from this man. I think the acid part should be the last straw and you need to go woman and fast too.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by Coldfeet(f): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
[color=#000000][/color] REST IN PEACE IN ADVANCE!!
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by yme1(f): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
wow this is sad
please talk to your parents about it because they are your best option at the moment
If you continue living with that man you are indirectly digging your own grave
He has sensed the fear in you and knows you adhere to whatever he says because of the built in fear
so honey for your sake and that of your baby, talk to your family about it
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by rose75(f): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
Advice ehn?, OK.
You think they run into marriage?. You no hear say rat wey enter snake hole with speed de comot with reverse?.
Sit, Relax and Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by 2goodbobo(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
Cook his favourite meal and add Rat poison in the food! That will do the magic.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by ronkebp(f): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
This is exactly what happens to women that cheapens themselves to go after a man, thinking they are inlove,i just wonder when women will really learn.

Anyways, you have to leave the man, whether you like it or not, the maltreatment will never stop, just so you know HE IS NOT YOUR HUSBAND, but YOUR BABY FATHER( since he has not properly wedded you). But i will suggest you finish your school first and lie-low....do not do anything that will make him start kicking you and hitting you again. If he wants to be coming home late and drunk, let him do, if he is having an affair, let him go ahead. But my dear, after your school, carry yourself to a far place that he can never reach you or your child. God will help you.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by tasandra: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
Wow,what an animal in human flesh....just go back to ur parent sad saddont allow that animal,to destroy ur life.tell ur parents to report the case to the police....gluck.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2012
Infact, I dunno what to say. I really don't.

I believe, her parents are in the best position to give her security. They need to take the case up with him.
Re: Give This Lady Some Advice. by Ayomivic(m): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
The more you stay with this man the closet you are to death.Go back to your parent,tell them everything make sure you don't hid anything and make sure you do not let him no about your plan for if he knows,it can lead to another hot war.Don't ever have it in your mind to kill him.

(1) (Reply)

Intimate Molestation In Nigeria : Causes, Solution, Punishment? / My Pregnancy Miracle Formula-cure Infertility Naturally / I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.