Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,513 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE (7451 Views)

Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine / Dangote Cement To Be Nigeria's Biggest Listed Firm (US$14bn) / Dangote Cement To Be Nigeria's Biggest Listed Firm (US$14bn Value) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by mukina2: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is not sitting on his laurels as Africa’s richest man. The self-made billionaire, albeit with a little government help, has indicated that he is going to list his multi-billion dollar cement company on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). The cement company is only a segment of the multi-billion dollar business group that also has interests in Flour and Sugar.

Dangote told the Financial Times of London that there are plans to list in London sometime next year. Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan have already been appointed as financial advisers for the transaction.

The listing will see Dangote relinquish his role as Chairman of the company in order to meet the stringent listing requirements of the London Stock Exchange.

Dangote told the FT, “My plan is to have different faces [on the board], the face of the chairman will not be Aliko Dangote, it will be somebody else, a professional who is well-respected within investment circles.”

When listing equity securities on the LSE’s Main Market, companies have the choice of two types of listing – a Premium (formerly Primary) Listing and a Standard (formerly Secondary) Listing.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/04/02/dangote-to-step-down-as-chairman-of-dangote-cement-amidst-plans-to-list-on-london-stock-exchange/
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by kombats: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
[size=32]dat gud it high time[/size]
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Funkymallam(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
Going places.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by anishe(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2012
wish him all the best. hope other Nigerian multi billionaires can emulate him
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by jummy05: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2012
Dangote is a model that other Nigerian businessmen should imitate.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Hackomania(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
Listing on the LSE means stringent rules, no more Nigerian "factors". Hope the current board is ready to pass through the rigorous auditing process and future monitoring. Congratulations to Aliko and his people
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by stepo707: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
Good for him
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by kwaghe: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
This Aboki is leading the way.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by enzyme9: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
kwaghe: This Aboki is leading the way.
and u wil die wiz frustration we lead d way. U dont want it 2 hapen n Allah grant it. Nothin u can do abt it pig
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by moshoodn(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
Let him lead.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by enzyme9: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
confesion 4rm d enemy is d best testmony
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by moshoodn(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2012
[size=16pt]Afterall, its a step further from local shady dealings[/size]
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by uniQybabs(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
Would yu vote for aliko dangote for president?
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
I hope Mike Adenuga will also learn from this. Always relcutant to list his companies.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2012
martyns303: I think Seun should do same "bring professionals on board" and stop painting NL green, yellow, black, red, blue, purple and whatever color he could find.
lmao.. Maket dem catch u

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Exponental(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
Gimme an employment letter, n I will praise ur ideas.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by YusufAliyu1: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
wishing him all the best and God's guide.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by samsilo(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
I have always admired Dangote because his business ethic is similar to successful businesmen in the civilised world, i.e. growing your business by re-investing to achieve greater goals rather than squandering the proceeds trying to become a local champion and have poeple hail you ('chairman,chief , oga and all the other titles they come up with). You may not agree with his methods but Ross Perot once said , 'no one becomes a billionaire by being an angel'. Google the rise of Abromovich in the Russian 'Aluminium wars' and you will be surprised over a hundred Aluminium workers and workers of the other Oligarchs were murdered . At least no one can accuse Aliko of ordering people killed unlike most of our politicians
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by newmaonza: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
Jarus: I hope Mike Adenuga will also learn from this. Always relcutant to list his companies.
Babangida abi mike adenuga
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by drnoel: 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
kombats: [size=32]dat gud it high time[/size]

look at this man, how do u mean gud high time. Do u know how much Dangote would make once his company becomes a public liability. A lot of monez would go in2 his pocket and he would be investing 4 his great grand children once he does this. He knows that, that is why wants 2 do it.
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by emsquare(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
kombats: [size=32]dat gud it high time[/size]

Yep!
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by kemmeye: 2:02am On Apr 03, 2012
With a little go ernment help yeah right. Have you even ever wondered why he does not have a lot of competition I bet heays the government so that they bring any one who tries to Compete against him down. I personally don't think his hands are clean
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by Lollysbride: 4:04am On Apr 03, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by walcolm(m): 6:53am On Apr 03, 2012
this guy is just about to set himself up. he will loose his company soon enough if he goes ahead with that listing

if he is not qualified enough, respected enough to be the chairman of a company he created to list on LSE, then he is sure to be pushed out by the smarter, more educated people he begs to join his company's board.

the British will take the company from him surely....control of the largest cement production from africa..something they could not do during the slave trade era has now been handed over to them on a platter of platinum
Re: Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE by lonamy: 7:26am On Apr 03, 2012
uniQybabs: Would yu vote for aliko dangote for president?

I think that is why he is giving up his position, so that he can have time for politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Million Naira Investment / Stock Market Shareholders Lose N1.15trn In Q1 / Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.