Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine (13835 Views)

The 10 Richest Africans In 2014 / Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production / Dangote To Step Down As Chairman Of Dangote Cement To List On LSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by MrKnowitall: 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has announced new plans to invest an undisclosed sum in the development of a major coal mine in Tanzania, even as he continues to expand his business interests across the continent.

According to Tanzania’s Guardian newspaper, Dangote revealed his plans last week Thursday when he met Tanzania’s Vice President Dr. Mohammed Gharib Bilal, during the Africa Global Business Forum in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

Dangote said he plans to invest significantly in the Mbinga coal mine in Tanzania’s southwestern region, as he plans to use the coal to produce energy for use at his cement plant in Mtwara which is currently in construction. When completed, the Dangote Cement plant will produce three million tonnes of cement per year, almost half of the country’s net production.

During the Africa Global Business Forum in Dubai, Africa’s richest man, who recently went into an agreement with the Investment Corporation of Dubai to explore other business opportunities across Africa, applauded Tanzania for its favorable investment policies and promised that cement production will commence immediately the plant is completed.

“I am sure the southern part of Tanzania will automatically change in terms of economic prospects due to investments in the area,” he said.

In a related development, Dangote has reiterated his plan to invest $12 billion in the Nigerian economy. He made this known through his Eid-el-Kabir message which he issued in Lagos on Saturday. Of this amount, he said his Dangote group will invest $2.3 billion in sugar and rice production in Adamawa State in Nigeria’s northern region to create about 180,000 jobs and combat terrorism.

Dangote, who wished the Muslims a rewarding festival, also used the opportunity to admonish Nigerian youths to be patriotic and hardworking, and urged them to channel their energy towards nation-building.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2014/10/05/africas-richest-man-aliko-dangote-to-invest-in-tanzanian-coalmine/

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by MrKnowitall: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
MrKnowitall:

In a related development, Dangote has reiterated his plan to invest $12 billion in the Nigerian economy.
^^^^
This is the reason why the government needs to privatize almost everything. Nigeria's economy is

sluggish because the federal government is very incompetent in handling the basic everyday

necessities. Road construction, airports, electricity, water, etc... all needs to be privatize.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Pavore9: 5:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Tanzania? l hope they buckle up o, people whey no dey take their sleep dey play, how person go dey comfortable for im house as at 9a.m and still never open im shop, person whey dey sell bread, milk, sugar etc?

5 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Proudly Africa,the youths must believe in Africa,we mustn't lose hope.
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by sammieguze(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2014
I 'd have said charity begins at home if not coz he has already invested heavily in Nigeria already.

We need more though
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Idrismusty97(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2014
In a related development, Dangote has reiterated his plan to invest $12 billion in the Nigerian economy.
I hope the bulk of that money wouldn't be spent on the oil sector undecided… That sector have enough investment already, We need to diversify!

He made this known through his Eid-el- Kabir message which he issued in Lagos on Saturday. Of this amount, he said his Dangote group will invest $2.3 billion in sugar and rice production in Adamawa State in Nigeria’s northern region to create about 180,000 jobs and combat terrorism.
Great! More of our wealthiest individuals at home and abroad should come in and help diversify our economy and that of Africa in general. Dagote is doing a great job. The way this man is spreading his tentacles in a few years he might just be the richest man in the world. More power to your elbow Dagote. Agriculture sector is well taken care of now, Automobile and manufacturing sector is next!

6 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by QMark: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Tanzanian Coal Mine? When we have so many minerals buried under our soil in commercial quantity. I weep for my country. I know this crude oil will finish one day sha.

I don't blame Dangote for investing in Tanzania. The businessman in me would do the same under similar situation.

In commercial quantity, we have the following, but since crude oil is enough to meet our govt. official's pocket need, they see no reason to develop the other sectors that will take a time outside their political tenure to start yielding money.

And you say Nigeria will get there? I love this country so much, but i don't think we will get there, at least not in the next 20 years. Don't get me wrong, I am still a proud Nigerian, even if I have to continue to force myself to be. I just haven't seen any step forward, and I can't continue to lie to myself that we will get there when nothing yet shows that we are on our way there.

ABUJA
- Marble
- Clay
- Tentalite
- Cassiterite
- Dolomite

ABIA STATE
- Gold
- Salt
- Linestone
- Lead/Zinc

ADAMAWA STATE
- Kaolin
- Bentonite
- Gypsium
- Magnesite

AKWA IBOM STATE
- Lead/Zinc
- Clay
- Limestone

ANAMBRA STATE
- Lead/Zinck
- Clay
- Limestone
- Iron-Ore
- Salt
- Glass-Sand
- Phosphate
- Gypsium

BAYELSA STATE
- Clay
- Limestone
- Manganese
- Lignite

BAUCHI STATE
- Amethst (violet)
- Gypsium

BENUE STATE
- Lead/Zinc
- Limestone
- Iron-Ore
- Coal
- Clay
- Marble
- Sakt
- Gem stones
- Gypsium

BORNO STATE
- Diatomite
- Clay
- Limestone
- Hydro-carbon (oil and gas)
Partially investigated)
- Gypsium
- Kaolin
- Bentonite

CROSS RIVER STATE
- Limestone
- Uranium
- Manganese
- Lignite
- Lead/Zinc
- Salt

DELTA STATE
- Marble
- Glass Sand
- Gypsium
- Lignite
- Iron-Ore
- Kaolin

EBONYI STATE
- Lead
- Gold
- Salt

EDO STATE
- Marble
- Lignite
- Clay
- Limestone
- Iron Ore
- Gypsium
- Glass-sand
- Gold
- Dolomite Phosphate
- Bitumen

EKITI STATE
- Kaolin
- Feldsper
- Tatium
- Granite
- Syenite

ENUGU STATE
- Coal
- Linestone
- Lead/Zinc

GOMBE STATE
- Gemstone
- Gysium

IMO STATE
- Kead/Zinc
- Limestone
- Lignite
- Phosphate
- Marcasite
- Gypsium
- Salt

JIGAWA STATE
- Butytes

KADUNA STATE
- Sapphire
- Kaoline
- Gold
- Clay
- Surpentinite
- Asbestos
- Amethyst
- Kyanite
- Aqua marine
- Ruby
- Rock Crystal
- Topaz
- Flosper
- Tourmaline
- Gemstone
- Tentalime

KANO STATE
- Prrochinre
- Cassiterite
- Copper
- Glass – Sand
- Gemstone
- Lead/Zinc
- Tantalite

KATSINA STATE
- Kaolin
- Marble
- Salt

KEBBI STATE
- Gold

KOGI STATE
- Iron-Ore
- Kaolin
- Gypsium
- Feldsper
- Goal
- Marble
- Dolomite
- Talc
- Tantalite

KWARA STATE
- Gold
- Marble
- Iron-Ore
- Cassiterite
- Colubite
- Tantalite

LAGOS STATE
- Glass-sand
- Clay
- Bitumen

NASARAWA STATE
- Beryl (emerald)
- Asquamirine and
- Haliodor)
- Dolomite/Marble
- Sapphire
- Tourmaline
- Quartz- Amethyst (Topaz, gamet)
- Zireon
- Tantalite
- Cassiterite
- Columbite
- Limenite
- Galena
- Iron-Ore
- Barytes
- Feldspar
- Limesstone
- Mica
- Cooking coal
- Talc
- Cay
- Salt
- Chalcopyrite

NIGER STATE
- Gold
- Talc
- Lead/Zinc

OGUN STATE
- Phosphate
- Clay
- Kaolin
- Limestone
- Germstone
- Bitumen

ONDO STATE
- Bitumen
- Kaolin
- Gemstone
- Gypsium
- Feldspar
- Granite
- Clay
- Glass-sand
- Dimesion stones
- Limestone
- Coal

OSUN STATE
- Gikd
- Talc
- Toumaline
- Toumaline
- Colimbite
- Granite

OYO STATE
- Kaoline
- Marble
- Clay
- Sillimnote
- Talc
- Gold
- Cassiterite
- Aqua Marine
- Dolomite
- Gemstone
- Tantalite

PLATEAU STATE
- Emerald
- Tin
- Marble
- Granite
- Tantalite/columbit
- Lead/Zinc
- Barytes
- Irton-Ore
- Kaolin
- Belonite
- Cassiterrite
- Phrochlore
- Clay
- Coal
- Wolfam
- Salt
- Bismuth
- Fluoride
- Molybdenite
- Gemstone
- Bauxite

RIVER STATE
- Glass-sand
- Clay
- Marble

SOKOTO STATE
Kaolin
- Gold
= Limestone
- Phosphate
- Gpsium
- silica-sand
- Clay
- Laterrite
- Potash
- Flakes
- Granite
- Gold
- Salt

TARABA STATE
- Kaolin
- Lead/Zinc

YOBE STATE
- Tintomite

ZAMFARA STATE
- Goal
- Cotton
- Gold

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by DaBozz(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
#JokeOfTheDay:
QUESTION: If you're dating a girl and suddenly you meet Dangote's daughter in a function and she's interested in you and wants to settle down with you. Would you break up with your babe?

AKPORS: Sighting Dangote's daughter is already a function, I've already broken up with my family not to talk of my girlfriend.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Dude be buy up places,aiming to becoming the world richest by 2020,bill gates & carlos slim should watch out.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Superstar007(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2014
My main Aboki.

Dangote's daughter cheated on me
and you say I should break up? Don't you know that Love is all
about forgiveness.

12 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Dexpro: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2014
Too much money.... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Calculia: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
There is coal in Enugu, he is going to invest Nigeria money in Tanzania... ain't dat funny?

Yet he talk about one Nigeria? Which way nau?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by maluyi77(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
No b today I knw, saw d plant 2 yrs back while I over there
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
I just love this man and the way he does his business.
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by uken73(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Naija dominating Africa.

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Donkaz(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Dats gud
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Babyboy1986(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Ok
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Babyboy1986(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2014
Mumu u no get work.
Superstar007:
My main Aboki.

Dangote's daughter cheated on me
and you say I should break up? Don't you know that Love is all
about forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by lilprinze: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
Dangote making Nigerian and Africa proud since 1960
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by CharlieMaria(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
OK. Dey go we dey come.
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Nicepoker(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
sauceny:
Dude be buy up places,aiming to becoming the world richest by 2020,bill gates & carlos slim should watch out.
and u think they too r sleeping.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by TeamclicksAir: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
more money
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Geenet: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2014
sauceny:

Nope,they ain't sleeping as well,but Dangote has an upper hand than they do,dude is coming up with top speed.
Africa is yet to be tapped & thats what the dude is aiming for.
Well said.
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by iceberylin(m): 9:28am On Oct 08, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
more money
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Adenugay(m): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2014
ok, we done hear
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Calculia: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by datguru: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
GOOOOOd
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by harmless011: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Good
Re: Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2014
Nicepoker:
and u think they too r sleeping.

Nope,they ain't sleeping as well,but Dangote has an upper hand than they do,dude is coming up with top speed.

Africa is yet to be tapped & thats what the dude is aiming for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brexit: Nigerian Stocks Investors Lose N278bn / All You Need Is A Gtbank And Skrill Account To Make Money / Pls How Can I Invest #800k With Good Monthly Returns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.