Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days (1448 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days by afrobaby(f): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
Pls, I wanna air my opinion here, I know dia may be pastors or pastor's children here , I will like to call the pastor's attention to something. Dont misquote me, am a good christian but I believe the church is derailing really from the gospel. I was in church yesterday and during the women's meeting, I was made to know a women's conference is being organised, to be done in our branch and each woman is to pay #5000. As if that wasnt enough, a uniform has been picked and it is #1000 for a sweat shirt. When asked for the money, Itold them I would need discuss wit ma husband. While telling my husband on our way home, we met one of the elderly woman in the church who waved at us and out of respect, my husband brought the car to a halt and we greeted her, she told me I should come and join the women ushering group for the conference , that their uniform is just #2500, that all other groups have gotten a uniform, just the ushering group that has not bought.What annoyed u most was what she added, that I should bring the money for the uniform on sunday cos the conference is in 2 weeks time, I was annoyed and so was my husband. What is happening in churches dis days, why must everything be competition or monetised. A colleague (she is a choir in a church) of my husband once complained to him that almost every 2 weeks, they tell them to bring money for uniform, what is all dis things bout uniform, pls help tell our pastors that they should help us concentrate on bringing more people to christ and also making heaven than all dis side distractions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days by Goshen360(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
[size=13pt]Well, I think the uniform is for proper identification in the service but in my own view, I think a simple TAG or BADGE will still do the job. This often happen in bigger or so called mega churches. Going as far as picking uniform and clothes and the rest, to me from the light of the scriptures is pure TRADITIONS OF MEN. It makes the word of God of no effect and brings competition as you have rightly pointed out. I hope all these worldliness in churches just stop but unfortunately, I don't see it stop because every man is building his/her own empire, no more building the kingdom of God. Also, there is a falling away (apostasy) going on right now in churches.

Watch out for Part 2,lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days by Image123(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2012
"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. " (Luke 21:34).
Re: Why Do People Pick Uniforms In Churches Dis Days by Oldpath(f): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2012
That is one out of many. Ask God to reveal all the remaining abominations in His Body to you.

Thus saith the Lord, stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the OLD PATHS, Where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, we will not walk therein. Jer. 6:16

Because My people have forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ANCIENT PATHS to walk in way not cast up; Jer. 18:15.

For the LEADERS of this people caused them to ERR; and they that are led of them are destroyed. Isaiah 9:16

and many more; Jer. 50:6-7; Isaiah 43:27-28.

(1) (Reply)

Mandatory Attendance And Isolation Techniques By False Churches / A Pastor Needs Urgent HELP! (true Life Story) / Tope Alabi Vs Prophet Ireti Ajanaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.