Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! (1338 Views)

Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) / Big Brother Housemate, Geraldine Iheme Book Launch -disfigured Emotions / Book Launch: Models And Mentors By Uju Onyechere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! by Agstar(f): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
Title : Naija Stories
Of Tears and Kisses, Heroes and Villians
Publication Date: Mar 12 2012
ISBN/EAN13: 0615613551 / 9780615613550
Page Count: 260
Binding Type: US Trade Paper
Trim Size: 6″ x 9″
Language: English
Color: Black and White
Genre: Fiction / Anthology

List of Stories and Authors.

I. Tears

A Glimpse in the Mirror – Yejide Kilanko
If Tears Could Speak – Salatu Sule
Too Late – Bidemi Odeshilo
The Catalyst – Meena Adekoya
Illusions of Hope – Ola Awonubi
Wiping Halima’s Tears – Elohor Turtoe
Every Wrinkle is a Story – Pyneapples
Nnamdi – Sonia Osi

II. Kisses

One Sunday Morning in Atlanta – Uko Bendi Udo
Seeing Off Kisses – John Ugoji
It’s Not That Easy – Lawal Opeyemi Isaac
Two Straws in a Bottle – Remi-Roy Oyeyemi
How I Kissed Hadiza – Seyi Osinowo
All I Wanted Was Another Baby – Mercy Ilevbare
Nothing Good – Damilola Ashaolu

III. Heroes

Can I Please Kill You? – Seun Odukoya
Mother of Darkness – Rayo Abe
Showdown at Rowe Park – Babatunde Olaifa
Visiting Admiral John Bull – Adiba Obubo
Kitchen Practicals – Tamo Iruene
A Kind of Bravery – Myne Whitman
The Old Man in Our Neighborhood – Chidozie Chukwubuike
Rachel’s Hero – Henry Onyema

IV. Villains

Blame It on a Yellow Dress – Uche Okonkwo
The Writer’s Cinema – Bankole Banjo
Jesus of Sports Hall – Lulufa Vongtau
What Theophilus Did – Gboyega Otolorin
Best Laid Plans – Kingsley Ezenwaka
Co-operate! – Tola Odejayi
The Devil’s Barter – Raymond Elenwoke

Edited by Tade Thompson, Remi Oyeyemi, Tola Odejayi

Through a press release, the following lists the various fora via which you can key into the campaign and get a copy of the Anthology:

1) eBook Price Slash Promo:
The price of the Naija Stories Anthology eBook will be slashed to $3.99 and N500 for one week (March 29 – April 5). In addition, buying the anthology through us(naija stories) at these prices, you will be entered to win a cash price of $50, and one autographed paperback copy.

2) Video Debut of the Faces behind the Anthology:
Pictures of all the writers showcased in the Anthology will be made into a video to be uploaded on to Youtube and promoted on various platforms.

3) Anthology Writing Competition:
A small writing contest where the winners will win free paperback copies of the book. What do you have to do? Choose a section or a title of one of the stories (there are 4 sections and 30 titles) and write a story of your own in the comment section. Your comment/story should not be more than 5 sentences.

4) Visiting the Author’s Blogs:
All writers who have blogs will update it with at least one post about the anthology. They will have some fun and random questions about their story to get people commenting. They will also have an excerpt of their story included in the anthology.

5) Facebook Splash:

Re: Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! by MyneWhite1(f): 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
Proud to be part of this. Thanks Agstar!
Re: Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! by MyneWhite1(f): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
Still going on, enter today.
Re: Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! by kay9(m): 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
Still can't believe i am part of this, my ineptitude and laziness notwithstanding. smiley Was pleasantly suprised when an old school friend of mine called to congratulate - she'd seen the picture on my FBk page. I felt like texting Myne's email add to her so she could send the congrats to the proper person. smiley
Re: Book Launch Campaign For Naija Stories Anthology : Creativity Unleashed! by Daovris: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
good!!!!
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/iPad.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Kisses; Guilty Pleasures (A Short Story) / Adeife Ugwumsinachi Adeniran: Blind, Female Award Winning Author At 12 Years Old / Bloody Civilian (1,2&3) Written By Michael Luxguy Augustine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.