Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Cashless Nigerian Will Eventually Devalue The Naira And Bring More Harm. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless Nigerian Will Eventually Devalue The Naira And Bring More Harm. (751 Views)

The Naira In 2016: To Devalue Or Not To Devalue? / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cashless Nigerian Will Eventually Devalue The Naira And Bring More Harm. by acidtalk: 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
The CBN's new policy of a Cashless Nigeria will eventually bring more economy disaster than benefit to the General Economy of the country as the Naira will be devalued as against the dollar.

I went to an airline office yesterday at the International Airport Ikeja Lagos to purchase my ticket for a journey soon to be embarked on and I was dumbfounded at my discovery.

The airline has passed a law that on no account should cash of excess of N125,000 be collected from an individual at any given time. And the airlines bankers (name witheld) only accept a maximum cash of N1.5m deposit from the airline per day.

I was extremely surprised when it was announced that you can pay even upto $50,000 cash as it will be accepted as against the restricted sum of the naira.

I am not an economist or accountant, but from mere simple reasoning, I know this will eventually cause greater harm to the Nigerian Economy.

Economist and Accounting Professionals please enlighten us further on this.
Re: Cashless Nigerian Will Eventually Devalue The Naira And Bring More Harm. by epizhotletgs: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2012
ECOBANK ATM – You are all advised to stop the usage of your Ecobank ATM Cards, as they are good at debiting, but the cash never comes out, and when it comes to reversal…Long stories. I have an outstanding reversal from last year (N10, 147. 96 – online payment) and this year Feb 7th (N39, 154.08 – ATM withdrawal). Also especially do not use their machines outside the country… you have been warned.

That is the start of cashless Nigeria.. grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Nigerians Are Frustrated From Going Into Online Business. / I Need Advice On How To Setup Printing And Design Company / Where Can I Buy Ice- Block Making Machine In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.