Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? (13291 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by zilon12(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2012
There is this myth or should I say believe in the Christendom that its a sin for one to eat meat on Good friday.... Whats your take
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
I eat meat on all fridays. Good, bad and every kind of fridays in between. grin

7 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by slimyem: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
i think its a catholic thing not to eat meat on good friday.
Me?
No time isnt right!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by 9jaman007: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
It's not a sin. Its just like every other church deciding to do a fast on a random day.

The catholic church abstains from meat on ash Wednesday and good Friday its a a form of penance or fast or self

mortification. so its nothing to be scared of.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by ngyphile(f): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
i eat meat,bt dnt eat fresh meat on fridays.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by liet4u(f): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
to eat on good friday is nt a sin at all,d bible said dat we shuld avoid all apprance of evil.'sin'nt meat.people shuld stop decivin deir selfs and kw wht god wants.when we kw d truth it shl set us free
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Geomac: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Jenwitemi: I eat meat on all fridays. Good, bad and every kind of fridays in between. grin

Chop anything, any time & any day
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Mynd44: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
I eat meat on good Friday and I don't intend to change that anytime soon.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by ak47mann(m): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2012
yes cool
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by emsquare(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
ngyphile: i eat meat,bt dnt eat fresh meat on fridays.

Says who? Not in my bible...
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by zilon12(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2012
I dont think it has biblical back up, just something brought about by catholic clergy men
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by ewomagracious(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
I eat meat on all fridays. Good, bad and every kind of fridays. what kind of meat actually is it pig meat or suya?E.t.c
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Idondome: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
It's not good for anybody to castigate what he/she doesn't know the reason why it's being done. You can ask question if you are in doubt, but not to jump into conclusion or make mockery of other peoples religion/belief especially if it does not affect you in any way. Easter is a period of sober reflection/penance and abstinence. If you choose to ignore these and do otherwise, please, don't lead others astray. Repent!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nemerem44(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Guys, this is a Catholic doctrine. It is a form of fasting or will i say a way of denying yourself some form of Luxury. Lent is a period of fasting. I also know is mostly adherred to by Catholic faithfuls. In the Seminary Schools, during lenten period, the Students are fed lightly with neither fish nor meat. It is a period Xtians are encouraged to deny themselves certain luxuries of life and also encouraged to give to the poor.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by xcabinet: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
Please quote from the bible where its says eating of meat is prohibited on good friday?

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by azubaby(f): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
Its not only meat, u will forsake anytin dat gives u pleasure, enjoymnt. e.g meat, milk, eatin too much, sin

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
They just go around, looking for anything 'Catholic', to attack. God have mercy!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by oluomad(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
1thim 4vs3...."forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth....

Can u prove to me that avoidin eating of meats on gud fridays is biblical, am w8n
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
Na hungry no beat una! As 4 me, na d day to eat goat pepper soup.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
xcabinet: Please quote from the bible where its says eating of meat is prohibited on good friday?

Please quote from the Bible where it says that 'if it is not in the Bible, it is a sin to do it'

3 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
oluomad:

1thim 4vs3...."forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth....

Can u prove to me that avoidin eating of meats on gud fridays is biblical, am w8n

I will prove it. As soon as you prove to me that Pastors owning airlines is Biblical. *waiting*

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by liet4u(f): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
Idon-do-me:
It's not good for anybody to castigate what he/she doesn't know the reason why it's being done. You can ask question if you are in doubt, but not to jump into conclusion or make mockery of other peoples religion/belief especially if it does not affect you in any way. Easter is a period of sober reflection/penance and abstinence. If you choose to ignore these and do otherwise, please, don't lead others astray. Repent!
italo:

I will prove it. As soon as you prove to me that Pastors owning airlines is Biblical. *waiting*
so after esther u dont abstain again
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by jerk: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
If u like eat if u dnt like abstain bt to avoid eating meat for only a day wldnt kill u.
I dnt eat meat on gudfridays and it doesn't affect my health either.,i still hv 363 days in a year to eat it as much i want.
Some of the people that are advocating for it may choose to avoid eating meat all the rest of their lives and still stick to it wen their secret cult permits that. Then they wld find it easy to maintain bcus they fears satans law.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by solomto(f): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
jerk: If u like eat if u dnt like abstain bt to avoid eating meat for only a day wldnt kill u.
I dnt eat meat on gudfridays and it doesn't affect my health either.,i still hv 363 days in a year to eat it as much i want.
Some of the people that are advocating for it may choose to avoid eating meat all the rest of their lives and still stick to it wen their secret cult permits that. Then they wld find it easy to maintain bcus they fears satans law.
God bless u.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by chookudi(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
grin cheesy cheesy
italo:
The truth is the bible contains d basic teachings with which christianity should be based on but does not contain EVERYTHING...just as you have a constitution dat governs a land,other "rules" such as etiquette,despite not being in d constitution,help one to be a proper citizen..apart from the Bible,catholics adopt the tradtional teachings of the church which existed before and after the bible.it is not a sin to eat meat on good fridays and ash wednesday bt it is a form of self denial..it doesn't have to be meat..it culd be extra luxury which we afford ourselves...
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by liet4u(f): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
all i kw is dat there is kw seson or time for abstainance,always avoid sin,christ has already died for us,wht he neds frm us nw is perfection and love for one anoda,
weda u eat meat on a gud friday or nt.and u dont keps his comands
sori sori sori
sme peple wil just kep rules of men wit kwing wht d lord is saying

2 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by pafm247: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2012
All things are edible! Init!
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by aboyaji(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
jerk: If u like eat if u dnt like abstain bt to avoid eating meat for only a day wldnt kill u.
you are a good christain. You got it all. Your next semester school fees shall be paid by me

2 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by IYANGBALI: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
i only eat ponmo on that day abi pomo na meat

Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by italo: 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2012
liet4u:
so after esther u dont abstain again

If you like you can abstain from the day you are born until you die, nobody will stop you. Neither would it be a sin.

Afterall most of you against abstinence from meat, I'm sure, have never eaten snakes and frogs. That is also abstinence for your whole lives. Afterall God said we can eat everything. And you can easily kill a frog and eat.

If it were Catholics who said "don't eat frogs and snakes", you people would start to say we are practising things not in the Bible.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2012
azubaby: Its not only meat, u will forsake anytin dat gives u pleasure, enjoymnt. e.g meat, milk, eatin too much, sin
_
And masturbation.
Re: Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? by oluomad(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
italo:

that is his own personal investment, do u mean that pastors shouldnt have their investments, oh!! What a Jealous dude...

I think I provd dat eatin of meats should be done anytym, even n gud fridays, check, 1thim2vs3... Shw m whr in d bibl whr t says dat u shudnt eat meat n Fridays..thnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'It Is An Irresponsible Thing To Wish Buhari Dead' - Apostle Suleman (Video) / Why I Am Not An Atheist / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.