Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. (1302 Views)

Dangote Plans Sugar Factories In Sokoto, Kebbi States / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man / Aliko Dangote Now Worlds Richest Black And 334 Richest Man. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 06, 2012
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to list his $11bn cement business on the London Stock Exchange next year and loosen his personal control over the company. The Nigerian industrialist, who has capitalized on the continent’s booming demand for building materials, told the Financial Times he intends to free-float a 20 per cent stake in Dangote Cement to finance its rapid expansion. It will be the first listing of one of Mr Dangote’s companies outside Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2012

Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by cashmentor(m): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2012
Now that's what i call thinking Big, very Big!
Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by jossy26: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
Nice one MR Aliko. Apart from govt backing that I personally don't subscribe to, this dude has got it #Brain#. I will like to read his profile and how he takes his decision; don't mind if anyone has it?
Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by consultmartins(m): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2012
I doubt if his aim for listing on the LSE is to become the richest man in the world. Dangote is not getting any younger, so he is trying to put in place a strong structure that can thrive without him. Secondly, after critically reviewing Dangote, i can say that his got brains and a strong business sense. He is diversifying the company's structure; he doesn't want his entire company being dependent on a single country's economy. As for being the richest man in the world; i leave you with the quote below:

"Being the richest man in the world is not championship; it's all about competence." - Carlos Slim Helu
Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2012
consultmartins: I doubt if his aim for listing on the LSE is to become the richest man in the world. Dangote is not getting any younger, so he is trying to put in place a strong structure that can thrive without him. Secondly, after critically reviewing Dangote, i can say that his got brains and a strong business sense. He is diversifying the company's structure; he doesn't want his entire company being dependent on a single country's economy. As for being the richest man in the world; i leave you with the quote below:

"Being the richest man in the world is not championship; it's all about competence." - Carlos Slim Helu

No one says that's his ambition but estimated earnings from that action will put him on that spot.
I'm sure he won't mind getting the tops spot anyway. grin
Re: Dangote Plans To Become 5th Worlds Richest Man. by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2012
Saheed Adepoju produced Nigeria's first Table P.C currently selling for $200.00. Any chance for a Nigerian youth on the Billionaires list through I.T?
http://www.gidilinks.com/search?updated-max=2012-04-08T07:30:00%2B01:00&max-results=1

(1) (Reply)

Help On Physical Business Idea / Days Of Making Lots Of Cash On NAIRABET / US Releases New $100 Banknote (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.