Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is Anyone Getting This Message? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Anyone Getting This Message? (1038 Views)

I Keep Getting This Error::pls Help ::parse Error: Syntax Error, Unexpected '.', / Pls Help. Why Should I Be Getting This When I Visit My Website At Times (2) (3) (4)

Is Anyone Getting This Message? by chrishenzo: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
I have been receiving this messages for sometime now. I would like to know if other nairaland members got the same message. The message is

Hello my dear, how is life with you today,
I'm pleased to contact you.
I'm jenny by name. I go through your profile here on www.Nairaland.com
your profile sound lovely. It will be a pleasure to know you more.
if it pleases you as well, here is my email address......jennyilge1@yahoo.com
regards
Jenny my email:jennyilge1@yahoo.com
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by yamakuza: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2012
You must have been dropping ur email addy all over NL.

Its even on your profile sef.

Why wont you get such mails?
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by yawatide(f): 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2012
I think OP is a lonely fella. What other reason is there for anyone to take such an email seriously, and seriously enough to copy and paste it in its entirety on the webmaster section of NL when there are sex, romance and relationships sections for this kind of (fake) stuff?
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by omni1: 5:53am On Apr 07, 2012
It's just one of those scam tricks to lure you into wanting to help and finally you get to send away your funds to the person just for nothing. Forget about the letter and ride on. Many of them come in daily but I simply hit the delete button.
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 07, 2012
I get all sorta mails and even phone calls from spammers on nairaland all the time.

Phone calls go like this:
1. I am xfesdfds from Kaduna, i applied for xcxcxc on some funny website.com and i saw your number amongst the officials.
2. I want to do a 3D animation programme, and i saw your number on the website
3. I want to get admission to xxcvxcv school, and i saw your phone number among the officials
4. I want to buy an aulsatian dog, i saw your number on the website.
5. I am dsgfdgd, calling from Nigeria. I need xcvxcvcxvxcvxvxvxv

And all sorts, but always the same pattern - they never know who they are speaking to, and are never specific where they got the
phone number from (but i do know where anyway, they dont fool me for a second).
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by mrperfect(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
That isn't a new message.
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
^^^Yes Na. Many Naija Boys Dey Jobless!!
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by Dager(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
Oh fck ) I also got this message undecided. There are no url, no numbers. so I think its not a spam
Re: Is Anyone Getting This Message? by PHfinest(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2012
This is a very popular one.
I like catting with scammers but I have not been able to nail one.

I got it on fb, the scammer uses a very pretty innocent girl's profile.
A lot of maga's are falling already and soon just like other scams, the profile will dissapear.

Glo Operamini Dat Browse And Download Free With Glo Default Settings / Two Ways To Make Money Online With Jumia Nigeria / PAYPAL Release Full Paypal Features To Nigerian Paypal Users