Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA (14005 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / What Was Your First GPA &now Your Current CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by dollyptosh(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
1.48! Haba!
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by mrkels(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
Theben:
Bros i believe you graduated from UNIBEN
Back to topic, OP, tell your friend t☺ write the next JAMB, no time is too for education. 1.48 CGPA is a very poor one i must tell you. Despite the fact that i played a lot in school, i even missed some lectures cos of my interest in chess game, i still narrowly missed a first. And i must tell you, the excuse of having sadists as lecturers ain't reasonable. She should use this as a lesson, graduating with a pass now is far worse than graduating with a 2.1 or 2.2 say in four or five years time.
Yes I did.Halings bro
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by mrkels(m): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2012
prodam:

you are right..the longest lap of the race would be ran by herself..
g&c is located rightly beside the students affairs office...an new unit though since the time of appointment of the new DSA who is from G&C dept.
hope my assumptions are right..

BBF

Besides the student affairs office? In my school the only tin besides the student affairs office is a dead filling station and behind that is a sport complex o! Are you saying its so for all schools or only ur school? By the way what's BBF again?
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Seamate(m): 1:42am On Apr 11, 2012
I will advise she takes another year or spillover to make up for lost grounds
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by amor4ce(m): 3:30am On Apr 12, 2012
Please refrain from judging her as she may have put in a lot of effort, and I speak from experience. After getting mmy first degree and working for a while I proceeded for a Masters in another land but could not conclude it as I had a barrage of allergies (autoimmune) from the first day. One of the symptoms was cognitive dysfunction (or impairment), simple arithmetic even appeared impossible at times whereas I used to enjoy calculus in high school and undergrad. Memorizing a line of text was something else, while lecturers thought I had some kind of learning difficulty. I thank God that I did not end up with multiple organ failure or worse. By the way I've had allergies since my days in elementary school.

Consequently, I've learnt that the person others might be seeing as a dunce could actually be having one or more medical issues to deal with that he/she is not aware of. It could be something in the diet that could be affecting such a person's cognition. Therefore we should thank God Most High for His grace in letting us achieve what we are able to while encouraging ourselves instead of looking down on ourselves.

1 Like

Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by prodam(m): 6:34am On Apr 14, 2012
okay mr. Kel

BBF- better by far

thought u are a bbf student
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Tatian(f): 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hi, I went through your comments but some people still fail to notice that, I mentioned my friend went to a part time school @ Unilag (DLI) not a full time like everyone is saying or partying like you think. Thanks for contribution all the same.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
mrkels:

Besides the student affairs office? In my school the only tin besides the student affairs office is a dead filling station and behind that is a sport complex o! Are you saying its so for all schools or only ur school? By the way what's BBF again?
this description fits that of Uniben. Am I right?
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by blank(f): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2012
grin
Tatian: Hi, I went through your comments but some people still fail to notice that, I mentioned my friend went to a part time school @ Unilag (DLI) not a full time like everyone is saying or partying like you think. Thanks for contribution all the same.

Is that not all the more reason the person should do better as they should have more time to read.
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Tatian(f): 9:36am On May 04, 2012
DMainMan:

Very poor GP. Dat is "Pass grade". She must av been enjoying boys' joysticks since 100L. Now in 400L, dat is when she knows she wil change abi. Guys way de jerk everytime for skul, u think say de no want flex. But it is just dat one has to do right thing at d right time. Pity ko pity ni. Go and face d music jor. It will serve as warning for oda undergraduates.

DMainMan:

Very poor GP. Dat is "Pass grade". She must av been enjoying boys' joysticks since 100L. Now in 400L, dat is when she knows she wil change abi. Guys way de jerk everytime for skul, u think say de no want flex. But it is just dat one has to do right thing at d right time. Pity ko pity ni. Go and face d music jor. It will serve as warning for oda undergraduates.

Why do you think ever girl is the same? Tell me what do enjoy in you boys stupid joystick ? I said in my second she does not party or drink! She is neither a full time student plus she's in 500L now! Nobody is looking for your pity ! Please think in another direction abeg! You, yourself wetin u come out with. Post your cert for everybody to see!
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by joephemzyz(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2012
Mayb dere is still a lil hope.....usin ma sef as an example,....afta my 1st year my cgpa ws 1.86......but I ended up graduatin with a 2nd class upper......it wasn't easy tho....so tell yhur frnd to accept dt shez messd up and av a resolve to give it all er shot.....@least raise it to lower credit...haba.....she z still in er final year nah,,,,,,,hope still dey......
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 07, 2012
too bad. she should try and make a better CGPA @ the end
Re: My Undergraduate Friend is Depressed About Her CGPA by mrkels(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
leki2: this description fits that of Uniben. Am I right?
[size=13pt]Yes boss, the great UNIBEN[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

T hisGlobe.com Nigeria Universities in pictures check for all / When Will The 2012 JAMB Results Be Released? / Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.