Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder (1430 Views)

Opera Max Now Faster,secure And Saves Data / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? / How To Boost Your Android Speed 5x Faster - See The Secret Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by edoyad(m): 8:03am On Apr 07, 2012
Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales at the 2nd Youth Marketer Converge Conference, in Lagos. The theme of the conference was “digital, mobile and social, what are youths really searching for?” –and with focus on the increase in use of the Internet by African youth. Wales foretold the future of the Internet in Nigeria as being laced with mobile computers at a very low cost, high Internet band width, which was already being experienced in some parts of the country. He added, “the Internet speed in my room is faster than the Internet speed in New York City, this simply shows that there will be an immense growth in Internet use in Nigeria in the nearest future and everybody seems to be warming up to that.” Using the statistics from Wikipedia, Jimm

http:///T59LB
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by Lawalmd(m): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2012
shocked confirm lie

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by edoyad(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2012
Lawalmd: shocked confirm lie

So we should take your word over a man's who created one of the biggest IT brands on the planet? angry grin

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by aieromon(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2012
Obviously,it was fast in the hotel he lodged in.Let him try the internet providers first before yarning ''okpas''.
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by edoyad(m): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2012
aieromon: Obviously,it was fast in the hotel he lodged in.Let him try the internet providers first before yarning ''okpas''.

Is the Hotel not situated in Lagos?
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by aieromon(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
edoyad:

Is the Hotel not situated in Lagos?

Yeah,using a dedicated internet line from Main One and their subsidiaries.Let him walk into any shop,pick up a data modem and try them out.I have a friend who works in one of these ISPs and I stream F1 races seamlessly from his living room via his radio.I have tried to stream live events using MTN and Starcomms and I can vouch for their inconsistency.

He should rephrase his statement because I'm not prepared to accept his conclusion.

Posted using Airtel 3G. . . . . . .Fast is an attitude
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by edoyad(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
aieromon:

Yeah,using a dedicated internet line from Main One and their subsidiaries.Let him walk into any shop,pick up a data modem and try them out.I have a friend who works in one of these ISPs and I stream F1 races seamlessly from his living room via his radio.I have tried to stream live events using MTN and Starcomms and I can vouch for their inconsistency.

He should rephrase his statement because I'm not prepared to accept his conclusion.

Posted using Airtel 3G. . . . . . .Fast is an attitude

I get what you mean.
About Airtel, do you know if I can use their 5k 3gig bundle for my smart phone? Its meant to be used on Modems but...
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by aieromon(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
edoyad:

I get what you mean.
About Airtel, do you know if I can use their 5k 3gig bundle for my smart phone? Its meant to be used on Modems but...

Oga,there's a cheaper alternative.Maybe we can relate via Nairaland mail service cool
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by edoyad(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
grin All these our resident evils
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by Lawalmd(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
resident evil ko nemesis ni its a none fact that our internet services here in nigeria is crap u cant even get a good stream from a smart phone with all them 3g's flying arround not to talk of the so called evdo modems, sure when you hook up a good isp(which is not available to every one) it seems thats the end of connectivity, in the U.S you pay for your satelite tv and you can attach a wifi modem to it and get uninterupted wireless connection for a token fee and we are fooling our self's here. we still have a long way to go when it comes to internet connectivity but we are trying sha, when people are now talking 4g, lte next generation we are still battling with unstable 3g.
Re: Internet Speed In Lagos Is Now Faster Than That Of Newyork- Wikipedia Founder by Saddam: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Favour Airtel's Android Data Plans Over Their Blackberry Bundles / Gadget Importers Based In Abuja / Some Awesome Features In Android 5.0 Lollipop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.