Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution (2263 Views)

List Of 10 Top Toughest Examinations In The World. See If JAMB Made The List. / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution by nicekeno(m): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
In the University, passing an examination, I will say is a cumulative effort. In my school for example, attendance is 10 Marks, Assignment is 10 Marks, and Test is 10 Marks, so all together, the CA comprises of Attendance, Assignments and Test which is 30 Marks. Now the Exam is 70 Marks. Everything put together will give a student 100%.

It's quite a pity that some students still fail by getting below 40% after the end of the semester. This is very bad.

Here are tips to help you.

>>>Revise your books after lecture
It is important for you to revise any lesson you have done immediately after the lecturers or during your afternoon or night prep. This is important 'cos it makes what you have learnt to remain fresh in your memory. Records have it that if you revise immediately after lecturers, or not later than 24 hours after lectures. You will always remember that lesson in future.

>>>Join a study group
Good study group is necessary in preparation for an exam. You will be able to meet with students that have more knowledge than you in some courses. And if they can teach you, it will be an added advantage.

>>>Find out what your lecturer wants
In other for you to pass very well, you have to find out what exactly your lecturer is looking for. Some lecturers would want you to give them back what they have given to you, while some would want you to read from different sources and hence add your own knowledge. Your ability to find out what a particular lecturer wants helps you to hit the point while answering a question in the exam hall.

>>>Attend lectures
There is the need that you attend at least 80% of your lectures. This will help you to jot down major points that are likely to come out in your exams. Some lecturers will even make it easier for you by telling you the thing you should expect during your exams. You will be missing out in this and many more if you are not regular in your lectures.

>>>Like the Lecturer and the Course
For you to pass and pass a course very well. You should develop some kind of likeness for that course and for the person teaching it. This will enable you to have the zeal to read the course. If you develop some kind of hatred for a course, you may find it difficult passing that course. The reason for this is simple, because you hate the course, you never read it, and how can you pass a course you didn't read.

>>>God factor
Is also good to commit your studies to God. What I mean, is that you should pray before reading. Evidence abound that when you pray before reading, God helps you to understand it more. In fact He will even direct you to silent points that you may not have taken note of, if you hadn't prayed.

>>>Come Early on the Exam Day
You remember more when you are relaxed. When you are not relaxed, you tend to forget vital things that you have read. At times people say is the devil, Na lie o. Restlessness can cause you to forget very important things that you ought not to forget. There are many factors that can cause uneasiness on exam day, the major once are unpreparedness and lateness to exam.

Am sorry, I will have to stop here today. I promise to post more points next time.
Re: The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution by nicekeno(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
i love peeps

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Financial Assistance Concerning My Education / What Is Xenophobia?? / Top 12 People With Highest IQ In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.