Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B (6993 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg The Owner Of FACEBOOK Shared This Romantic & Motivating Words! / Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Account Hacked By An Unemployed Web Developer / Facebook Acquires Instagram For About $1b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by mukina2: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2012
Facebook has bought the photo-sharing application Instagram for a reported $1bn.

I'm excited to share the news that we've agreed to acquire Instagram and that their talented team will be joining Facebook.

For years, we've focused on building the best experience for sharing photos with your friends and family. Now, we'll be able to work even more closely with the Instagram team to also offer the best experiences for sharing beautiful mobile photos with people based on your interests.

We believe these are different experiences that complement each other. But in order to do this well, we need to be mindful about keeping and building on Instagram's strengths and features rather than just trying to integrate everything into Facebook.

That's why we're committed to building and growing Instagram independently. Millions of people around the world love the Instagram app and the brand associated with it, and our goal is to help spread this app and brand to even more people.

Source
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Osejie(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2012
......Thinking of what to sell to google.
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by babaowo: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2012
nice1! Keep moving!
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2012
one billion dollars, that is a lot of money. but i wonder what he had seen for making such investment,[color=#990000][/color] all the same I wish him and his facebook team the best. [b][/b]
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Oskilala: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Hmmm! ppl will start pimping there Ugly, scarified faces with this apps... grin grin
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Ardedaryor(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2012
dats a jumbo sum but anway i wish dem all da best
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Kpac(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2012
Innovations is the way....
To the young Nigerians who have not been tribalized,brain washed by their religious leaders and who still has passion and believe in themselves,please bring on the innovations for the next decade....start now.
To Mark,you are doing well and you should not stop and yet invest in new things for continuity.I am so proud of you.
And to the majority of Nigerians on this website whose brain has no other contribution than reply to every unreliable,un-innovative,shallow posts...what do you have to say,at least Mark is not a yoruba,nor is he an Igbo Man,he is not from ACN,neither is he from PDP...I wonder what you guys would say...Mark is just so lucky he is not from Nigeria,his major critics,major enemies,major antagonist would have been from here and with news like this,they would have started raining him curses and say he is wasting 1 Billion Dollars on a useless thing when people from his village are dieing of hunger.
Mark....well done.

5 Likes

Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by saydfact(m): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2012
CONGRATS DUDE.
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Mcleo007(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2012
Kpac: Innovations is the way....
To the young Nigerians who have not been tribalized,brain washed by their religious leaders and who still has passion and believe in themselves,please bring on the innovations for the next decade....start now.
To Mark,you are doing well and you should not stop and yet invest in new things for continuity.I am so proud of you.
And to the majority of Nigerians on this website whose brain has no other contribution than reply to every unreliable,un-innovative,shallow posts...what do you have to say,at least Mark is not a yoruba,nor is he an Igbo Man,he is not from ACN,neither is he from PDP...I wonder what you guys would say...Mark is just so lucky he is not from Nigeria,his major critics,major enemies,major antagonist would have been from here and with news like this,they would have started raining him curses and say he is wasting 1 Billion Dollars on a useless thing when people from his village are dieing of hunger.
Mark....well done.

Aptly said. So hard to find any meaningful growth in Nigeria if people continue in the attitude u mentioned. Thumbs up to Mark.
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by bbporsche: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2012
this is encouraging monopoly. obviously this app is a triple threat to fb.
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2012
Since nobody's said it yet, I'm going to:
_
SIGNS OF THE END TIME!!! THE ILLUMINATI IS HERE!!!
RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! BEFORE THEY CATCH YOU AND BUGGER YOU SILLY!!!

_
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by kaiwei: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2012
.I am so proud of you.And to the majority of Nigerians on this website whose brain has no other contribution than reply to every unreliable,un-innovative,shallow posts.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by pmarine: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2012
Plans to buy, deal not sealed yet. anyways, can someone tell me why FB is investing so much in Instagram?
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2012
[size=13pt]The future of the Internet is Mobile. Google Glass and Apps like Instagram have proven that. Check out subsequent stories on Gidilinks.[/size]
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by LagBlogger(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2012
Mark is beginning to feel the pinch from pin interest. Nice one! He knows that just as yahoo is paying for not being innovative and proactive enough, he has to sit up because people are waiting to unseat facebook.
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Ufeolorun(m): 10:30am On Apr 10, 2012
pmarine: Plans to buy, deal not sealed yet. anyways, can someone tell me why FB is investing so much in Instagram?
Prolly to strip of its core value/importance,integrate that into fB and kill instagram.Best way to kill a possible competitor rather waiting for what they gonna do next grin
Or

Googleplus+instagram = shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by purplekayc(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2012
thats just too much .... who did the valuation?
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by roughneck: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2012
D instgram app is a hit..its only a matter of time before it blows all over ur faces.. Recognizing a young potential competitor and bringing him over to ur side while u still have d chance is a wise choice
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by playboy19(m): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
Innovation at it's finest! Mark is really growing stronger by the day in his war with Google. And to those asking why Mark is acquiring Instagram and for that huge sum, do you remember you guys asked the same question when google was acquiring Youtube in 2006 for a staggering $1.65b? Now do you still think Youtube is not worth the investment?

Next thing i think facebook will be buying soon is a Mobile phone company... I will guess RIM (maker of Blackberry) and it may even happen sooner than we know

Mark....well done.

The bolded fvcking crack me up hehhhehehe grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by playboy19(m): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
-----
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by delikay4luv: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2012
Nice move
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
Good for him... undecided
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by partyprofs(m): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
is he reading dis[quotes author=say-d-fact]CONGRATS DUDE.
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed[/quote]
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by burkutu: 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
I see this as the dead of instagram as an exciting app.see what happened to snaptu. Fb bought snaptu,now a once real cool app is dead and buried.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
And to the majority of Nigerians on this website whose brain has no other contribution than reply to every unreliable,un-innovative,shallow posts...what do you have to say,at least Mark is not a yoruba,nor is he an Igbo Man,he is not from ACN,neither is[b] he from PDP[/b]...I wonder what you guys would say...Mark is just so lucky he is not from Nigeria,his major critics,major enemies,major antagonist would have been from here and with news like this,they would have started raining him curses and say he is wasting 1 Billion Dollars on a useless thing when people from his village are dieing of hunger.
Mark....well done.
Is Mark not a PDP member and Senate President? Wetin?
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
And to the majority of Nigerians on this website whose brain has no other contribution than reply to every unreliable,un-innovative,shallow posts...what do you have to say,at least Mark is not a yoruba,nor is he an Igbo Man,he is not from ACN,neither is[b] he from PDP[/b]...I wonder what you guys would say...Mark is just so lucky he is not from Nigeria,his major critics,major enemies,major antagonist would have been from here and with news like this,they would have started raining him curses and say he is wasting 1 Billion Dollars on a useless thing when people from his village are dieing of hunger.
Mark....well done.
Is Mark not a PDP member and Senate President? Wetin?
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2012
Re: Facebook Boss Mark Zuckerberg Buys Instagram For $1B by chinedumo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
The right question we should be asking is

[size=16pt]"when will Oluwaseun Osewa buy something big for Nairaland?"[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Make Money From Your Blog / Bulk SMS Marketing Strategy You Can Use Now / Post Your Blog Here For Guest Posting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.