Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? (1132 Views)

Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / @Goshen360: Justification - A Discourse I'd Like You To Consider. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by crosbreaka: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
Judges 16:19-30
"And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath delivered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, which slew many of us. And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport. And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.[/b]And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.And Samson said,[b]Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life".
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by Kay17: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
If God says so
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by Onyocha: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
the christian silence on this thread is shocking!!!

amazing the topic isn't about "suicide bombing" in the Quran but in the bible!!!
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by crosbreaka: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
shocked
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by LogicMind: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
chei shocked
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by Callotti: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mu he he he he he he
Chrislamic religions na waya o! cheesy
I always understood there was really no difference between those two problematic, highly-BIGOTTED, nauseating so-called religions.

Sheeeeeeeeesh!
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by crosbreaka: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by LogicMind: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2012
that story is the old testament which has become irrelevant since the blood of christ has purified everything 2 millenia ago.
old testament has become a stain on christianity and should be removed.
a new church of jesust christ based on the new testamenbt only is urgently need.
let us pray that god help us realise this.
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by crosbreaka: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
Muhehehe
biribiri!

Na wa for the stain wey jehovah purportedly blessed for samson.

Muhehehe!
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by logicboy: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind: that story is the old testament which has become irrelevant since the blood of christ has purified everything 2 millenia ago.
old testament has become a stain on christianity and should be removed.
a new church of jesust christ based on the new testamenbt only is urgently need.
let us pray that god help us realise this.

when did u become a christian apologist?
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by LogicMind: 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

when did u become a christian apologist?

they went into hiding. Someone had to say something bro cheesy
Re: Does 'Suicide Bombing' Have Biblical Justification? by crosbreaka: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2012
[size=14pt]Suicide Bombing: The First Was A Christian[/size]

Skynews 3:06pm UK, Wednesday July 27, 2005

The first recorded suicide bombing came from Christian soldiers during the Crusades to free The Holy City of Jerusalem from the control of Muslim armies.During the Crusades, the Knights Templar destroyed one of their own ships with 140 Christians on board in order to kill 10 times as many Muslims in the opposing fleet.

Even in the Bible a reference is made to a suicide as a means of killing an enemy.

"And Samson said, 'Let me die with the Philistines!' And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life." Book of Judges 16:30, Old Testament.

An early example of suicide bombing occurred during the Belgian Revolution in 1831 - the war between the Dutch and the Belgians - when the Dutch Lt Jan van Speijk blew up his own ship in the harbour of Antwerp to prevent being captured by the Belgians.

He had been ordered to take down his Dutch flag but said: "I would rather blow myself up." He killed dozens of his enemies in the process.

In World War II, Kamikaze pilots acted as human missiles, flying their planes with explosives, directly into US warships.

In the 1950s, Viet Minh "death volunteers" were used against the French colonial army.

Most famously, Palestinian organisations have sent more than 70 suicide bombers on missions against Israeli targets.

The Tamil Tigers are another prolific example, and their Black Tiger unit has committed some 76 suicide bombings since 1987 using more than 240 attackers.

Their victims included former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and many prominent Sri Lankan leaders.

In 1981 the Islamic Dawa Party's suicide bomber attackedthe Iraqi embassy in Beirut.

Hezbollah carried out a bombing of the US embassy in April 1983 and the attack on US Marine and French barracks in October 1983 which brought international attention to suicide bombings.

By 1999 Islamic factions such as Hezbollah, the Amal Movement and the Ba'ath Party were all using the method.

The Syrian Social Nationalists were the first to use a female suicide bomber.

In 1986 they had carried out around 50 suicide bombings between them.

Hezbollah was the only one to attack overseas, bombing the Israeli embassy.

In September 11, 2001, terrorists used passenger jets to destroy the towers of the World Trade Centre in New York City.

Still the so-called justification of the suicide attacks is spouted by religious and political leaders.

As Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmad Yassin said: "Once we have warplanes and missiles, then we can think of changing our means of legitimate self-defence.

"But right now, we can only tackle the fire with our bare hands and sacrifice ourselves."

In modern history, suicide bombings also appeared as a tactic among the Tamil Tiger seperatist group in Sri Lanka.

Women bombers were used to try to force the government to hand over the Tamil area of the country.

In Iraq, insurgents are using the tactic against Western and Iraqi government targets. They are also killing dozens of civilians.

http://news.sky.com/home/article/1190443

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Wisdom To The Believers Alone. / 'Mother Church' What Does That Mean? / The Forerunner Of Grace-apostle Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.