Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,110 members, 7,852,756 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Help Me I'm Too Lazy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me I'm Too Lazy (2435 Views)

Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage / He Wants To Marry Me But He Says I'm Too Ambitious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me I'm Too Lazy by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
Apart from been told, now i realize that i'm too lazy. I procrastinate alot and it has affected every area of my life, Finance, Education, etc. Can you guys with me with tips, on how to stop been lazy. Yeah to an extent i was born with a golden spoon but now things have really turned around, and i can fend for my self because of laziness and procrastination. You guys can't not imagine how this forum has helped in shaping my life, i will appreciate your comments.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Anybody can be lazy and anybody can be strong. It all boils down to willpower. YES YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO KICK OUT BAD BEHAVIORS. You have to discipline yourself. Don't listen to your body, listen to your mind. The body always want us to rest and not do things, but the mind always tell u what you are doing is wrong, listen to your mind, and force on your body to be what you want it to be. No matter how rich your family may be, or how much they love you, you have to learn to be independent. Because at the end you are untimely left with you and yourself. Even if I give you a 500 list of how to stop being lazy that wouldn't help, the key is self disciplined and willpower.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by EfemenaXY: 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
I think it's all about your time management skills.

I read somewhere - no, it was an on-line course I took whilst at work regarding how to effectively get things done by managing your time more effectively.

Some of the helpful hints I recall are:

* Try doing the easier tasks first

* Try doing the harder, less pleasant tasks when you're at your peak. For example, if you've got a presentation to produce and you're a morning person, then it would be best to start off work on it in the morning. Same goes if you're an afternoon or evening person. Bottom line is to undertake the task you enjoy the least, at a time you are most alert.

* Ensure that you won't be disturbed and minimize distractions if you can. Here you need to learn how to say "NO" to people wanting / requesting your help. Try to schedule a time for drop-bys, chats, etc. Also avoid checking your emails, phones, etc whilst working on the not-so-pleasant task at hand, so you can concentrate effectively.

* Don't leave it (procrastinate) till it's too late. The sooner you start the better and always think positively. If it's a difficult task, then seek help.

Can't remember the rest but I hope this helps though smiley

1 Like

Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by ifyalways(f): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
You know your problem?you are enjoying free house with free food to booth, no worries for light, water and security bills.you don't have to jump buses as you most probably have a car refueled by momma at your service.there's a maid to boil your yes water and a washing machine just a room away.you don't care about toileteries either as you can always use your sweet sisters own.

When life slaps you, I mean slap you real hard, you won't need anyone to spell out discipline or hardwork for you.

Goodluck mr I am lazy!
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by EfemenaXY: 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
ifyalways: You know your problem?you are enjoying free house with free food to booth, no worries for light, water and security bills.you don't have to jump buses as you most probably have a car refueled by momma at your service.there's a maid to boil your yes water and a washing machine just a room away.you don't care about toileteries either as you can always use your sweet sisters own.

When life slaps you, I mean slap you real hard, you won't need anyone to spell out discipline or hardwork for you.

Goodluck mr I am lazy!

Haba Ify!

You harsh O! Abeg calm down my sister.

It takes real guts to acknowledge one's fault and to openly seek help. Sure, he was born with a "golden spoon" but he admits his procrastination has affected areas in his life.

Let's try to be a little bit more understanding smiley
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by polokor60(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
ifyalways: You know your problem?you are enjoying free house with free food to booth, no worries for light, water and security bills.you don't have to jump buses as you most probably have a car refueled by momma at your service.there's a maid to boil your yes water and a washing machine just a room away.you don't care about toileteries either as you can always use your sweet sisters own.

Goodluck mr I am lazy!
he has admitted his laziness and he came online to seek some good advice.your reply to him is not an advice.op the journey of a thousand mile begins with a step.all you need is to set a target for your everyday life/ activities and make sure you finish these targets(objective) at the end of each day and you will be amazed about your accomplishment before the day or week runs out.NB:you must be determined and committed in your life endeavours in order to succeed.all the best.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by ifyalways(f): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
^thank you sir!
Ignore my post next time especially when its not addressed to you.

Same to you efe oh.

You believe in going easy with the OP, I believe in hitting him hard. Tough luck.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by EfemenaXY: 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
ifyalways: ^thank you sir!

Same to you efe oh.

You believe in going easy with the OP, I believe in hitting him hard. Tough luck.

Lol! grin grin grin grin

Na wa oh! Nor be fight now cool cool cool
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by taryour(f): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
rokiatu: Anybody can be lazy and anybody can be strong. It all boils down to willpower. YES YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO KICK OUT BAD BEHAVIORS. You have to discipline yourself. Don't listen to your body, listen to your mind. The body always want us to rest and not do things, but the mind always tell u what you are doing is wrong, listen to your mind, and force on your body to be what you want it to be. No matter how rich your family may be, or how much they love you, you have to learn to be independent. Because at the end you are untimely left with you and yourself. Even if I give you a 500 list of how to stop being lazy that wouldn't help, the key is self disciplined and willpower.

wow, u av said it all. Very gud advice for op.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by khukhi(f): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
You need to adopt a positive attitude, the law of attraction is vital for you to know. I'd suggest some motivational books or seminars.

If you believe you can do it, or if you believe you cannot do it, either way you are right. What you believe in is what the universe will give to you. So when you start believing in your capabilities your life changes tremendously. My life changed drastically when I started living by this principle.

The Law of Attraction states: I attract to myself, whatever I give my focus, attention, or energy to; whether wanted or unwanted. If you think about being broke, poor, lonely and believe your thoughts guess what? That is exactly what you'll be. This Law applies to your life and every other person's life on the planet. Like all laws, it is impartial and impersonal, which means it works when you want it to and when you don't want it to.

So you've taken the first step,to acknowledge your weakness. Well done to you.
Good Luck on building your future wink
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by polokor60(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2012
ifyalways: ^thank you sir!

Same to you efe oh.

nairaland forum is the name where ideas and opinions are shared with other members of the forum and not your personal forum.all you did was to point out his flaws without any solution.if you don't have any advice for the op then stay away from his topic.i reminded you that your opinion is not an advice to the op and you brought out your defensive shield of ''ignore my post and going tough on the op''.you are entitled to your opinions anyway.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by Ivynwa(f): 5:19am On Apr 12, 2012
Be the man.
Set goals for your self, strive towards it, set your mind on it, be positive about it and you will achieve it.

On a lighter note "Start exercising", when I don't feel as flexible and agile as I should I know that it's time to hit the gym.
You wake up fit and flexible and ready to take on the world -----with no goals before you and a very energetic body ready to move mountain what can you do if not find some favorite pastime to expend your energy in so you need to set goals (Is it a job, your business that you are determined to grow, a house that you are working hard to build up, your family that you are taking care of) etc You go boy!

I also learnt from a (stop procastination book) that you can make a TTD (Things to do) List and seriously follow it up etc. Flex your will, get off your b*tt! Do that dance! Now don't mind bubbly me! (What dance? huh!) Smile grin grin
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 12, 2012
Never too late to wake up, o sluggard.
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by born2boink(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
Use the powerful anti-lazy drugs, it keeps man strong and don't take over dose because you might hit. Agbero by road side, just try algamazinga (2shot) or Weed (2 rolls)
Re: Help Me I'm Too Lazy by Mustay(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
I think many of us procastinate at one point or the other, but like it's said, "too much of anything is bad". You do need to realise that your actions/inactions have a way of affecting you/others. Conseqeuntly, the simple advice of "you lie as you lay your bed" applies. When you don't get something you desire or someone is disappointed by your failure to have 'helped' their situation, you should be motivated enough to learn from such mistakes/failures and hence, do the right thing. This is bearing in mind that your conscience pricks you enough to admit your defect. Live responsibly.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Childhood Picture(s) / Name One Thing Your Dad Did To You That's Still Paining You Till Today / WHAT MEN TRULY WANT VS WHAT THEY GO FOR AND REASONS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.