Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Yellow Fever Card - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yellow Fever Card (69544 Views)

Obtaining A Yellow Fever Card / Yellow Fever Card Needed?? / Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yellow Fever Card by hennriposh(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2017
hennriposh:
Thanks guys... On my way to the airport now for the yellow card.

Spent about 7-10mins...very easy.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Tunmizee(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please can I get yellow fever vaccine in osun state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yellow Fever Card by SMEpromote: 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Thank you for this post, I just returned from the Yellow Fever Vaccination center, got the Yellow Fever card and locating the place was exactly as you explained.

I had to part with N600 though, driving through the toll gate twice, but everything went well. It took about 40mins, but I was told that today being Monday, there's usually more request, and I observed it too. I understand it take between 10 and 15min on a normal day.

Thank for sharing this. I appreciate it a lot.

DT.

jagabanban:

Thanks for this piece of information.

However, the location for obtaining the vaccination and issuing the Yellow Fever card has changed. The location is Ministry of Health, Port Health Office, beside the Toll Gate. If you are coming from Mafoluku Oshodi axis, turn right into the toll gate. The building is immediately after the toll gate. You should see the sign post.

The procedure is also very simple and straightforward. You will need a photocopy of your Passport Biodata page and N1000. You have to go in person as proxy processing is not permitted.
1. Enter your name, Passport Number and Telephone Number in the Register provided.
2. Submit the photocopy of your Passport biodata page and N1000 to the receiving Nurses.
3. Wait on the queue for inoculation.
4. Get inoculated.
5. Collect your Yellow Card.

As expected, there are touts around the premises waiting for gullible people to fleece. Don't fall victim. The process is simple and easy. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by aadavid81: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
Somebody pls talk about how best to get this in Abuja
Re: Yellow Fever Card by dapsy11: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
For Abuja, go to the Airport (International Terminal). Ask any official to direct you to where you can get it. The nurses administering it are on the first floor.

aadavid81:
Somebody pls talk about how best to get this in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Yellow Fever Card by nuellag: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2018
hello friends pls am looking for where to get my yellow card here in Abuja please where can I get that?
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello House,

Please does the port services work on Saturday. I want to get my Yellow card by then.

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by mosbus: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Thanks,
Re: Yellow Fever Card by oxbloodpolish(f): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2018
Please how do you get to the Port health office from Ikeja along?
Re: Yellow Fever Card by fitlaw(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2018
oxbloodpolish:
Please how do you get to the Port health office from Ikeja along?

From Ikeja board a cab going to international airport mmi drop at Toll gate or tell the taxi man that you are going to Public Health, it besides the Toll gate there

2 Likes

Re: Yellow Fever Card by rabzy: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2018
fitlaw:

From Ikeja board a cab going to international airport mmi drop at Toll gate or tell the taxi man that you are going to Public Health, it besides the Toll gate there

Does this card expire, I had one in 2009 and I have used it multiple times but I have not travelled for a few years now. Can I still use my old and worn yellow card

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by oxbloodpolish(f): 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
rab
zy
:

Does this card expire, I had one in 2009 and I have used it multiple times but I have not travelled for a few years now. Can I still use my old and worn yellow card

I believe it is valid for ten years.

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by fitlaw(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
rabzy:

Yes, you can still use it

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by Obionly: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Please will the port health office in lagos be open on monday October 1st?
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Mzjen1: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2018
Obionly:
Please will the port health office in lagos be open on monday October 1st?

Depends, not sure about that. From their site it shows time varies, but they would be opened today from 8am-6pm.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Charmsruddy: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2018
Last time i traveled to Kenya, i forgot to get the Card, was reminded about it just few minutes before boarding....GOT IT AT THE AIRPORT and everything was fine....

But i learnt that same one wouldn't get me into SA as they scrutinize it more over there
Re: Yellow Fever Card by scholag(f): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pls, must I get this for entry into Ghana? If yes, Has the price changed? Can I do it 20days to departure?

Thanks guys.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by ceasare: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
I was at the port health facility today,the crowd no be here o
I was only able to register for #2500 by the ladies registering.
And I was asked to come back for the vaccination and yellow card
Tomorrow.....I think they operate weekends too but not sure.
U can do it on d day of traveling provided you can show evidence
You are flying today but I guess you will hv to pay more

1 Like

Re: Yellow Fever Card by adekaden(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
ceasare:
I was at the port health facility today,the crowd no be here o
I was only able to register for #2500 by the ladies registering.
And I was asked to come back for the vaccination and yellow card
Tomorrow.....I think they operate weekends too but not sure.
U can do it on d day of traveling provided you can show evidence
You are flying today but I guess you will hv to pay more

Yes, it is now 2,500 (although you will see 2000 on the notice board). Be ready to spend more than 2hours. Although this is due to the shady deals of some of the workers over there. Most of them are involved in the shady deals, so they handle the ones coming legitimately without much seriousness. However, there is a short nurse there, she is a professional and attends irrespective but others top priority is the shady deals that bring in extra money.
Peace
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Yommy247(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2018
Hello house... how long does it takes to get the yellow card? Like how many days?
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Jummy250: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
Please who has the contact of an officer in the public health department.
Am a student of public health science willing to doy siwes
Re: Yellow Fever Card by rev2214(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2019
I believe among their staff some will be dedicated to the job, not trying to extort money from people. While other are after the extra cash.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
Is it possible to get this in Ogun state ?

Do I have to travel to Lagos to get it ?
Re: Yellow Fever Card by pat077: 7:24pm On May 02, 2019
Can someone who intends to travel next month get the vaccination card now.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by pinoras24: 4:35am On May 10, 2019
guchiiii:
Is it compulsory to get a return ticket before getting visa cause what if the visa was rejected then my money is gone
Re: Yellow Fever Card by adewalok(m): 6:37pm On May 28, 2019
Re: Yellow Fever Card by judith989(f): 8:05am On Aug 18, 2019
Is everything on this thread valid as at today?
I learned that we now have to make payment on line for the yellow card... Can I get it in Delta State??
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Fabgirlie: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2019
I had my yellow fever vaccination done on the 11th of September, I would like to update this thread

For direction: From Ikeja(National) board a cab going to international airport, drop at Toll gate or tell the taxi man that you are going to Public Health, it besides the Toll gate there(yellow building)

Payment: please pay online, this is the website https://yellowcardnigeria.com, its 2,173 naira, remember to print out the receipt of the payment. If you go there without paying, you will be directed to a place close by ( it is 3,173 naira).

You will need your payment receipt and a copy of your passport data page to register your name when you enter, a number will be given to you. They call with numbers when it is time for vaccination.

Please go early( I got there before 8 and my number was still in the sixties) if you want to finish on time. It doesn't take time.

Yellow fever card collection is the next day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yellow Fever Card by Psady(m): 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
That place as of today is discouraging, much crowd yet to be attended to, you need to get number and likely not attended to that same day,paying for registeration is quite easy but getting the vaccine and card is difficult compared to before.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by Moye04(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2021
Hi guys, Lagos people abeg who has been able to get his/her yellow fever card recently and what is like in the center? And where is advisable to get it fast? Seeing it's been a while this thread has been visited. I want to go and get mine also. Thanks.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by seunfoster: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please have you been able to get the Yellow Fever Card? what is the place and process like now?

Kindly update

Moye04:
Hi guys, Lagos people abeg who has been able to get his/her yellow fever card recently and what is like in the center? And where is advisable to get it fast? Seeing it's been a while this thread has been visited. I want to go and get mine also. Thanks.
Re: Yellow Fever Card by seunfoster: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
So guys I went for the vaccine today and it was as easy as stated by some people earlier in this thread. I did the registration online, paid #2,172, and printed out the payment receipt. I went to the federal ministry of health beside the toll gate at the MM Airport very early before 8am and I was the second person attended to. The vaccination started few minutes past 9am and it was done according to your queue number. This exercise can be completed under 5 minutes all things being equal. I heard some people are paying #8,500 for this same yellow card inside the airport. I can tell you that it is a waste of money and it is not necessary because you can do it yourself under 5 minutes. Some agents are doing it for #2,800 at the office which I think is still better than the #8,500 anyways.

seunfoster:
Please have you been able to get the Yellow Fever Card? what is the place and process like now?

Kindly update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How A Bikeman Carried 3 Women On His Bike At The Same Time (Photo, Video) / Canada: Hellish Red-Striped Smoking Hills Which Have Been Burning For Centuries / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.