Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry (24548 Views)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / Yellow Fever Card Needed?? / Yellow Fever Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by mukina2: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2012
A DIPLOMATIC row may soon arise between Nigeria and Ghana as the country is said to be denying Nigerians entry over alleged fake yellow fever cards.

Some Nigerian travellers to Accra told The Guardian that they were recently subjected to inhuman treatment at the Kotoka International Airport, Accra, over yellow fever vaccination.

The Guardian learnt that all the yellow fever cards from Nigeria were presumed fake and international passports of such Nigerians seized and the Ghanaian immigration officials insisting that the affected persons get Ghana’s yellow fever cards at the cost of N2,000 before their documents could be released to them.

According to one of the affected Nigerians, “on June 29, 2012, there were two last flights by Aero and Arik that landed almost simultaneously at about 6.10 p.m. Nigerian time. Immediately, the health officials mounted an unconventional roadblock on the way to the immigration points. Every vaccination card issued in Nigeria was presumed fake. We were all asked to move to a side after all our international passports have been seized.

“New vaccination cards were issued to us after injecting us with the vaccine and a fee of N2, 000 charged for that which was paid in Nigerian currency. Charging for this in naira is curious. A pregnant woman was issued only with a card when she told them she is pregnant but after parting with N2, 000,” he added.

He said attention was not paid to new international arrivals consisting of whites and blacks on board, stressing that on inquiry, “the health officials claimed ignorance of such arrivals, disclosing that they were only after Nigerians.

“We were held for hours that day. To confirm extortion of money from Nigerians, why should they collect money from a pregnant woman who was not jabbed an injection? Why should we be paying in Naira and why should every yellow fever card issued in Nigeria be presumed fake? Do the health officials of foreign countries have the powers to seize the passports of travellers/visitors to their countries? he queried.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93259:ghana-turns-back-nigerians-over-yellow-fever&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by onatisi(m): 7:01am On Jul 24, 2012
i am waiting for smoothcrim to come and defend that country of his called ghana.
if nigeria wants to retaliate they should start conducting hiv tests for ghanians at ouqwer point of entry i doubt if more than 30% of ghanian traveller to nigeria will pass.
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by tollu: 9:06am On Jul 24, 2012
Warisaldis?
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2012
...Ghana Again?!!

Let them keep pushing us.. We dey laugh dey watch them.. Sadly, we are not really feeling their bullshit.. When we push back.. Anyi ga ele onye ike ga gu (We go know who go first tire)

1 Like

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by miteolu(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2012
Yesterday it was Zambia now ghana. I know soon Nigerian will not depend on any country for surviaval
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by feelamong(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2012
Well.. we shall blame it on the obvious!!!

This is how low we have descended as a nation....

Very soon even Chad and Niger will ask us for yellow fever card to enter their improverished nations.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Slizbeat(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2012
, kip it up, una dy try buh 1 day go b 1 day, ma mouth shut.
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2012
Ghana.... Yellow fever?? Who should deny who Nigeria and Ghana who is more at risk of giving the other yellow fever? Infact Nigeria should start demanding Hep B vaccination card as well as yellow fever cards... I bet our immigrations would be glad to stamp a "refused entry" stamp on their stupid arses! I only blame our chicken liveried government that wants to negotiate with every Tom, D.ic.k and Haram... hediots and shediots in power... angry

4 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Kolade9(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2012
No problem. Me ah jst knw dat one day ppl frm allover the world wld be running/wishing to be here..

9 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2012
feelamong: Well.. we shall blame it on the obvious!!!

This is how low we have descended as a nation....

Very soon even Chad and Niger will ask us for yellow fever card to enter their improverished nations.. angry

...And what exactly does Nigeria depend on Ghana for please?!!!

How have we desended to what?!! Like are you fhucking shitting me right now?!! Or are you saying that if Nigeria were America, Nigerians wouldnt travel to Ghana or that Ghanaians wouldnt act a fool?!!

Do you know how many westerners we deport from Nigeria daily?!! Im talking Americans, Britons and europeans?!!

Dont let inferiority complex kill you!!!

Ghanaians have a God given e'rection for Nigerians so it has nothing to do with them being better than us in anything!!! Ghanaians are just natural born 'Nigerian-haters'..

8 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by ariyebaba(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2012
GHANA ?

Ti iya nla ba gbeni sanle,kekere ama gun ori eni.

2 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by purpinkx(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2012
onatisi: i am waiting for smoothcrim to come and defend that country of his called ghana.
if nigeria wants to retaliate they should start conducting hiv tests for ghanians at ouqwer point of entry i doubt if more than 30% of ghanian traveller to nigeria will pass.
I laugh in swahili cheesy grin
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by ZUBY77(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2012
Hahahahahaha..
Every small group that can put their nation in order is now taking a jab on Naija. My own naija.
Whoever voted for Jonathan should be shot in the head.

1 Like

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by yawkusi: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2012
Yesterday it was Ghanians harassing Nigerian traders, then South African's wanting to get rid of Nigerians,then Ghanaians demanding 2,000 Naira from Nigerians for yellow fever, then again, South Africans denying Nigerians entry visa, then British denying Nigerians visa then Americans issuing travel warning to it's citizens traveling to Nigerians. Oh my God! Why always Nigerians? Could everyone else be wrong except Nigerians? Sorry "Gaint of Africa"
, Everyone else could not be wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by cutievik: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2012
Oh good lord! Not again!..then south africa,then it was Ghana,yesterday common Zambia,today it's Ghana once again!,bt i seriously think our govt should look into the agencies issuing us these cards always presumed fake,guess it was 4 dis reason we were insulted by South Africa,this insults Nigerians receive on a daily bases must stop!
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by wandeay: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2012
You see what our legislooters and bokos have caused. Anyway, no be them fault, shebi na we talk am d other time say 'ghana must go', now is '9ja must go', 'laffin in gibberish' jfd hfaaaafaaaaaafh dhag ggaaagagf
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by AjanleKoko: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2012
Since when did Ghana start asking Nigerians for yellow fever card?
That's probably a violation of the ECOWAS statute on freedom of movement.
Na wa oh. What are these countries thinking?
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by yawkusi: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2012
josh4ever: Ghana.... Yellow fever?? Who should deny who Nigeria and Ghana who is more at risk of giving the other yellow fever? Infact Nigeria should start demanding Hep B vaccination card as well as yellow fever cards... I bet our immigrations would be glad to stamp a "refused entry" stamp on their stupid arses! I only blame our chicken liveried government that wants to negotiate with every Tom, D.ic.k and Haram... hediots and shediots in power... angry

Honestly I would consider been denied entry to Nigeria a blessing.
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by cutievik: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2012
miteolu: Yesterday it was Zambia now ghana. I know soon Nigerian will not depend on any country for surviaval
true words bro,true words.It wud soon bi ova
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by PhysicsQED(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2012
Is there some kind of African hustle/racket involving yellow fever cards that Nigerians are totally oblivious of?

1 Like

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2012
ZUBY77: Hahahahahaha..
Every small group that can put their nation in order is now taking a jab on Naija. My own naija.
Whoever voted for Jonathan should be shot in the head.

You must love the taste of Jonathans balls to keep diick riding him on every thread?!! What has Gahan acting a fool got to do with the President?!! Abi na today Ghana foolishness start?!! Abi na under Jonathan country spoil?!!

Like seriously, whats wrong with you people sef?!!

I dare you to make a sentence without the words 'President', 'Goodluck', 'Jonathan', 'Dame', 'Patience', or 'Nigeria' in it!!

2 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by ebamma(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2012
some nigerians still believe in this illusion that we are the giants of africa,its high time the wake up,The population of ghanaians in nigeria is not upto 100 thousand,so the ghanaians have nothing to lose.
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by stillme(m): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2012
I can't blame Ghana. We should hold our govt responsible. If we keep blaming other countries for our failure,Nigeria will continue to fail. It is high time we look inward to know why our outward appearances always give bad signal wherever we appear.

2 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by ZUBY77(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

You must love the taste of Jonathans balls to keep diick riding him on every thread?!! What has Gahan acting a fool got to do with the President?!! Abi na today Ghana foolishness start?!! Abi na under Jonathan country spoil?!!

Like seriously, whats wrong with you people sef?!!

I dare you to make a sentence without the words 'President', 'Goodluck', 'Jonathan', 'Dame', 'Patience', or 'Nigeria' in it!!

I guess we should be looking up to you to act in situations like this since Jonathan has nothing to do with it. Ghana has been harrasing us for the past two years and nothing has been done. We have an elected leader with authority to act. I cant act cos nobody will take my word for anything .
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by ecode1(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2012
It pains me to the bone to see my fellow Nigerians being subjected to such ill-treatment from whatsoever country. What's all this rubbish for God sake!Where did we go wrong? How did we get to this stage? What can we do to salvage this bad image the whole world seems to tagged us? So sad!

2 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by otokx(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2012
But truth be told most of those yellow fever cards are issued without any vaccination so what are we talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by timmy1999(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2012
Wat ghana is doing is intentional and calculated..they really want to see what nigeria will do if they push dem to d wall..if all country dey ask for yellow card not any ECOWAS country shld ask dat.or will any EU country ask dere fellow EU country dat..I think dey shld break up dis ECOWAS non sense body cos dere is no meaning in ECOWAS if some foolish country like ghana can be behaving like a dog..

1 Like

Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by Lordrama: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2012
ME TOO I PAID 2000 NAIRA AT KATOKA AIRPORT BEFOR I ENTER ACCRA
Re: Yellow-Fever Card: Ghana Denies Nigerians Entry by stillme(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2012
Kolade9: No problem. Me ah jst knw dat one day ppl frm allover the world wld be running/wishing to be here..

I like your spirit. Keep the hope alive. Don't let it be run down by those who have lost hope in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Beautiful Pictures From Uyo / Terrible Accident Between A Car And Okada Claims The Lives Of 4 In Anambra(pics) / Tanzania Plane Crash: 19 Die, 24 Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.