Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,871 members, 7,841,275 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Lord Is Ever Ready To Give Us Fresh Hope In His Promises - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Is Ever Ready To Give Us Fresh Hope In His Promises (513 Views)

Hope In God In Hopeless Times / The Lord Is Calling The University Of Lagos, Nigeria, To Repentance / Download Psalm 23(the Lord Is My Shepherd) As A Song On Your Pc Or Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Is Ever Ready To Give Us Fresh Hope In His Promises by naslinks(m): 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(John 21:1-14)
Why didn’t the apostles immediately recognize the Lord when he greeted them at the Sea of Tiberias? John gives us a clue. He states that Peter decided to return to his home district of Galilee, very likely so he could resume his fishing career. Peter was discouraged and didn’t know what to do after the tragedy of Jesus’ death! He went back to his previous career out of despair and uncertainty. The other apostles followed him back to Galilee. When was the last time Peter was commanded to let down his net after a futile night of fishing? It was at the beginning of Jesus’ ministry in Galilee when the Lord dramatically approached Peter in his fishing boat after a futile night of fishing and commanded him to lower his nets (see Luke 5:4-11). After the miraculous catch, Jesus told Peter that he would be ‘catching people” for the kingdom of God. Now Jesus repeats the same miracle. John, the beloved disciple, is the first to recognize the Lord.  Peter impulsively leaps from the boat and runs to the Lord. Do you run to the Lord when you meet setbacks, disappointments, or trials?  The Lord is ever ready to renew us in faith and to give us fresh hope in his promises.

Skeptics who disbelieve the resurrection say the disciples only saw a vision of Jesus. The gospels, however, give us a vivid picture of the reality of the resurrection. Jesus went out of his way to offer his disciples various proofs of his resurrection – that he is real and true flesh, not just a spirit or ghost. In his third appearance to the apostles, after Jesus performed the miraculous catch of fish, he prepared a breakfast and ate with them. Peter’s prompt recognition of the Master and exclamation,  It is the Lord! stands in sharp contrast to his previous denial of his Master during the night of arrest. The Lord Jesus reveals himself to each of  us as we open our hearts to receive his word. Do you recognize the Lord's presence in your life and do you receive his word with faith?

PRAYER:"Lord Jesus, you are the Resurrection and the Life. Increase my faith in the power of your resurrection that I may never doubt your word  nor stray from

(1) (Reply)

Christian Journal Against Nigeria / The Glorious Gospel / I Am Looking For Christians In Nigeria. Please, Where Can I Find Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.