Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? (5644 Views)

How Fast Is Android USB Tethering? / Airtel 3.75G Or Visafone For Internet Surfing Via Laptop / Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by dkings101(m): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
Airtel 3.75G...How fast is it? If you using it, please can you share with me if it is really fast as there advert claims? Cos my starcomms is really frustrating my surfing spirit.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by pdidi(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Bro;I think it all depends on d strength of d network where u live!As they say,"the taste of the pudding is in the eating"...u just have to give it a try to be able to judge for yourself. U can try d N600 bundle on ur phone;it gives u 80Mb and a bonus 24Mb i.e a total of 104Mb with a 2wks duration.Just load atleast N600 0n ur phone and dial *141*1# and follow the prompts.I hope this helps! wink
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by kay10: 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
The 3.75g of Airtel is quite different from the one that mtn offered.The data speed is speedsonic unlike former zain.i will advise you airtel to continue their good work.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by jiggar(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2012
It depends on d area, but d tin is faaaaast.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by Lawalmd(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2012
i've not experienced airtel 3.5g at all cos its mainly edge at ipaja so im sticking to my trusty etisalat
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by lynxnoon(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
wink
Lawalmd(m): Quote Post
i've not experienced airtel 3.5g at all cos its mainly edge at ipaja so im sticking to my trusty etisalat
fix ur modem/device settings to 3G ONLY and u see what d experience will be
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
Am enjoying airtel. Tested it on my nokia 5230 and watched youtube video. Men it was seamless without breaking. I would recommend it. Moreover am in lafia nasarawa state, far from abuja.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by wendoworld(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2012
For me, its one word.... FRAUD!!! i stay in surulere and work on the island.. And i swear, my first experience was nothing close to being "ok"... it was very sluggish and my data plan drained very fast. imagine a 200mb finished before 20days withouth me visiting facebook up to 20 times with it shocked shocked angry ... And oh i use an android phone by the way. #justsaying undecided
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by sylve11: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
I abandoned my Airetl for Glo modem for like 3 months, i gave it a try 5 days ago and guess what? the stuff dey blaze! cool

1 Like

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ziccoit: 3:19am On Apr 23, 2012
The thing no they for my state. Airtel is full of lies as colander full of holes. Yeye 3.75g
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ITbomb(m): 8:20am On Apr 25, 2012
ziccoit: The thing no they for my state. Airtel is full of lies as colander full of holes. Yeye 3.75g
For most of u not experiencing 3.5g check ur fone , change type of network from GSM to UTMS or similar stuff depending on fone and see blazing . Available nationwide
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by makaveli1(m): 2:07am On May 01, 2012
The 3.75G network is very very fast! and Glo is also fast. And for those saying its relative in terms of location i think i'll ve to disagree with ur view because the 3.75G service is available across the 36 states of the federation.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by mxxpunkxx: 10:45am On May 01, 2012
^ u call 3G in disguise, very very very fast.
I was lucky to use a LAN network sometimes ago. Guess the download speed?
10MB/s, i kept downloading and it never fell below 4MB/s at the least.

- i aint talking Mbps, am talking MBps

We're being ripped off, yet we know it not!
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by Lawalmd(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2012
the 3g signal is not every where, i use a 3g mobile phone and my network mode is always on UMTS. when i'm using my etisalat its always 3g signal no matter where i am in lagos but pop in my zain line(@ ipaja) and all i get is SOS(no signal) so airtel cant fool people that they have the whole of lagos covered.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ITbomb(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2012
Lawalmd: the 3g signal is not every where, i use a 3g mobile phone and my network mode is always on UMTS. when i'm using my etisalat its always 3g signal no matter where i am in lagos but pop in my zain line(@ ipaja) and all i get is SOS(no signal) so airtel cant fool people that they have the whole of lagos covered.
They didn't say the whole of Lagos Fool, it is all state capital , u better relocate from Ipaja
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by mxxpunkxx: 6:53pm On May 01, 2012
^^ bigger fool . .
they've got 3G at Ipaja . .
sometimes, breeze go blow am come, later e go blow am go grin grin grin (excuse my language)
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ITbomb(m): 9:02pm On May 01, 2012
mxxpunkxx: ^^ bigger fool . .
they've got 3G at Ipaja . .
sometimes, breeze go blow am come, later e go blow am go grin grin grin (excuse my language)
Whoa I've seen some silly morons, read their posts, laughed at them but this is beyond that. If there is any better word to describe how moronic u are, I would or better still invent it
Before it was SOS now ur eyes don clear from that white stuff u took in the morning , it is now coming and going. Don't worry when u turn ur fone upside down, u will see LTE
Confused FOOOOOOOL
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by mxxpunkxx: 9:15pm On May 01, 2012
^^^^ ur post above just showed how confused and obsolete your brain is!
How is @lawalmd to be confused with @mxxpunkxx
Goat-head!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by samir101ng(m): 1:40am On May 02, 2012
Network: Airtel 3.75G

As you can see this is just with 2 Bars !!! Moreover, am a little bit far away from the base station with lots of tress and buildings affecting the signal.

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by samir101ng(m): 3:22am On May 02, 2012
Airtel 3.75G

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by chidike(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2012
My Airtel is super fast in kaduna, i used to think that glo was the bomb, but airtel is the ish right now. The way it streams videos ehn! Its so on point!

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by Nobody: 1:55am On May 08, 2012
mxxpunkxx: ^ u call 3G in disguise, very very very fast.
I was lucky to use a LAN network sometimes ago. Guess the download speed?
10MB/s, i kept downloading and it never fell below 4MB/s at the least.

- i aint talking Mbps, am talking MBps

We're being ripped off, yet we know it not!
please nice observation, can you make it clearer as to the difference and who do you think offers such
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by walcolm(m): 7:48am On May 08, 2012
wendoworld: For me, its one word.... FRAUD!!! i stay in surulere and work on the island.. And i swear, my first experience was nothing close to being "ok"... it was very sluggish and my data plan drained very fast. imagine a 200mb finished before 20days withouth me visiting facebook up to 20 times with it shocked shocked angry ... And oh i use an android phone by the way. #justsaying undecided

its ur fault u're using android. androids are known to be wasteful tongue
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by walcolm(m): 7:52am On May 08, 2012
dkings101: Airtel 3.75G...How fast is it? If you using it, please can you share with me if it is really fast as there advert claims? Cos my starcomms is really frustrating my surfing spirit.

Glo 3.5G, MTN 3.5G, Etisalat & Airtel 3.75G will all give you excellent data speed if you are in a full coverage area and there are not too many of you trying to use data service at the same time

the lower the coverage and the higher the number of people trying to use the 3.xG service, the slower and poorer the quality will be

my advise, find out the network with the fullest coverage in most of the areas your life revolves around and you should be happy
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by mxxpunkxx: 4:12pm On May 08, 2012
hisblud: please nice observation, can you make it clearer as to the difference and who do you think offers such

In Nigeria? None at the moment!!!

1 Like

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by samir101ng(m): 7:09pm On May 12, 2012
Airtel 3.75G Ever Blazing !!! shocked shocked shocked

Connection: Huawei USB Modem

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by elevatedblog(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hello everyone!
I think we need to grow up here about how we talk to people, imagine someone calling people bigger fool or slowpoke!
anyway whatever, not every state in Nigeria already having 3G and any state without the 3G will not enjoy the 3.75G speed of the airtel broadband modem. For you to get fits hand information, please visit this http://www.elevatedblog.com/blog/airtel-3-75g-high-speed-broadband-modem/ that I saw a more concise details
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:12am On Mar 24, 2013
It depends sha.but my locations very poor abuja nd benue.they are also cheats, download 10 mb file airtel deducts 20 mb or more...

1 Like

Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by dljbd1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
Jeffy1206: It depends sha.but my locations very poor abuja nd benue.they are also cheats, download 10 mb file airtel deducts 20 mb or more...
You think yours is poor? My own poor pass your own...Ogun State
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by elevatedblog(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
I think we should all remember that this is Nigeria where what is applicable in Zone A might not work out in Zone 2. For me the airtel is working more than all other network I am using to browse.
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ceejay80s(m): 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Airtel 3g, 3.5g, 3.75g slow pass snail, i don switch to anoda network already
Re: Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? by ceejay80s(m): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
wendoworld: For me, its one word.... FRAUD!!! i stay in surulere and work on the island.. And i swear, my first experience was nothing close to being "ok"... it was very sluggish and my data plan drained very fast. imagine a 200mb finished before 20days withouth me visiting facebook up to 20 times with it shocked shocked angry ... And oh i use an android phone by the way. #justsaying undecided
same here, i stay in surulere, by the time one page go open on airtel, u go don add 5yrs to ur age

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Your Phone Smart Enough?? My Phone Did This / I Lost My Mtn Sim But Was Not Registered By Me / Have You Seen Imo? The Mobile App That Is Better Than Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.