Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison (19062 Views)

Man Steals Formula To Feed His Baby, Gets Jailed In Kirikiri / Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) / Suspected Human Eater, Cliford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by victorazy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
By EVELYN USMAN

LAGOS – Indications, emerged, yesterday, that the alleged man-eater, Clifford Oji, who was arrested 13 years ago  at  Toyota Bus-stop on Oshodi/Apapa Expressway, with human parts, which he reportedly claimed he sold to notable Nigerians, had completely gone mad at Kirikiri Maximum Prison, Lagos, where he has been awaiting trial.

Deputy Comptroller of Prisons, Mr. Noel Ailewon, during a visit by the  Lagos  State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye and representatives of the Office of the Public Defender, OPD, also said 554 persons have been discovered to be awaiting trial in the prison for several years.

The visit to the prisons was to evaluate the number of awaiting-trial persons and possibly secure the release of those who should not to be there.

Ailewon, who said Oji was in a bad state, as his health had deteriorated, told Ipaye: “Orji’s health is getting worse. He has gone completely mad, vomiting and even defecating without restraint and is naked most of the time.”

OPD Director, Mrs. Omotola Rotimi, said efforts were made to address Oji’s mental state, but regretted that  all proved abortive.

The 46-year-old alleged cannibal, she noted, had been taken to two psychiatric hospitals for treatment but  was rejected.

She said: “Initially, we took Orji to Yaba Psychiatric Hospital, Lagos, but was rejected because they claimed they did not have long-term medical facilities. Subsequently, he was taken to another hospital in Ewekoro, Ogun State, but was also  rejected.”

Ipaye attributed Oji’s state to the inability of his case to be heard, an indication capable of keeping him longer among the list of those awaiting-trial.

Describing his case as a pathetic one, Ipaye said: “Orji is mentally disturbed and no hospital is accepting him. Unfortunately, one cannot be tried except one is mentally stable.  So, he is  stuck in the middle and all we can do is to find help for him.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/alleged-man-eater-clifford-orji-goes-mad-in-prison/
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Smooth278(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
hmmmm, nemesis perhaps i leave u to be d judge...
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by FabulousAutos(m): 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2012
Surprised to know the man is still on this planet earth. I guess the law of karma is taking its course.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by MeGaStReEt: 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
I think say the guy don even die since
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
Smooth278: hmmmm, nemesis perhaps i leave u to be d judge...
According to the OP he seemed to be a mad person before. For eating human flesh(in a big city and not for ritual purposes) is an evidence of a demented human being to me.

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 14, 2012
[size=18pt]The 46-year-old alleged cannibal[/size], she noted, had been taken to two psychiatric hospitals for treatment but was rejected.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abia state's Gov son is a cannibal? shocked shocked shocked Not the same Orji huh? Just same cultural characteristic.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Afam4eva(m): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2012
Waiting for trial for 13 years?

3 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Tifany: 12:12am On Apr 14, 2012
DZ clearly goes out 2 show d rot in our judicial system.were else in d world wld sm1 b held in prison 4 13 yrs of his adult life without trial iff nt mother Naija. 4 all we knw d man may b innocent since he havent been proven odawise by a competent court
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Callotti: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2012
Anyone would go mad in Kirikiri waiting for trial.
Too bad he could not bribe his way like his counterparts. . .such as Amaka Pemu and co after doing the same.
No bottom power? Even anus go don slack for prison after 13 years. Guy is doomed. Thank God for poohsies!!! grin
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Afam4eva(m): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Anyone would go mad in Kirikiri waiting for trial.
Too bad he could not bribe his way like his counterparts. . .such as Amaka Pemu and co after doing the same.
No bottom power? Even anus go don slack for prison after 13 years. Guy is doomed. Thank God for poohsies!!! grin

I think he actually bribed some prison officials who faked a prison break in order for the human eater to escape but it did not work as planned. Btw, there was an aboki that was his partner in crime, what happened to him?
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by blumail: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abia state's Gov son is a cannibal? shocked shocked shocked Not the same Orji huh? Just same cultural characteristic.
Can u go any lower than this?

2 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by HumanPsycho(m): 12:22am On Apr 14, 2012
This man should be killed! Trial what? So that he can go and continue canibalism!? Help him by killing him

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by chucky234(m): 12:22am On Apr 14, 2012
Who is talking of madness, Orji was already mad before his arrest 13 years back. No sane man will do what Orji did back then and did said he was mad because he used to patrol himself as a madman along Oshodi - Apapa expressway way back before his atrocity was uncovered.
That man should have been killed long ago nah, what is he waiting trial for after killing innocent souls and sold to ritualists.

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Afam4eva(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2012
chucky234: Who is talking of madness, Orji was already mad before his arrest 13 years back. No sane man will do what Orji did back then and did said he was mad because he used to patrol himself as a madman along Oshodi - Apapa expressway way back before his atrocity was uncovered.
That man should have been killed long ago nah, what is he waiting trial for after killing innocent souls and sold to ritualists.

You have a point. It's unfortunate that Nigerians don't consider such people as deranged. A right thinking person cannot do what clifford did, that's the truth.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by violent(m): 12:49am On Apr 14, 2012
The only thing i consider madness in this case is the system that keeps people locked up awaiting trial for 13 fu[i]c[/i]king years...Is this even a country we have at all?

Justice is not served by making him await trial for his crime...Justice is only served when/if he is found guilty and punished accordingly.

What is perhaps even more gutting is that the rubbish newspapers we have have chosen to ignore these outrageous human rights violations and focused on mundane talks such as TB Joshua's predictions or Mo-Hits break up. We really are insane as a collective group of people, even the thread was focused on his mental health than the obviously more important issues. What if it wasn't Orji? what if it were someone who got locked up for trivial non-punishable stuffs like Insulting the village's "big man"?

A corpse as they say is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops!!!....the same system that sees nothing wrong in holding a man for 13 years without trial is still here and the next man may just be someone very close.

7 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:20am On Apr 14, 2012
@violent, abeg tell them my bro. everyone always misses the real issues and have their minds clouded by sentimentalistic tendencies. any wonder why we are static in this country? The point is not wether the man ate people's flesh or not. The point is that the system has failed to deal properly with his case, and the cases of others ranging from those guilty of much much lesser crimes to those who are completely innocent. Keeping him waiting indefinitely is not justice, he is still innocent as far as the law is concerned. If he is guilty, let a judge pronounce it and let him be dealt with accordinlgy.
Sit there romanticizing about nemesis, till you are the one running about trying to get a relative out of indefinite police detention!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by tonardo(m): 2:00am On Apr 14, 2012
R.I.P in short time,.
for eating ang selling human parts
rest in pieces......
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 14, 2012
Let me get get this str8. A mad man runs mad while in jail
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 14, 2012
violent: The only thing i consider madness in this case is the system that keeps people locked up awaiting trial for 13 fu[i]c[/i]king years...Is this even a country we have at all?

Justice is not served by making him await trial for his crime...Justice is only served when/if he is found guilty and punished accordingly.

What is perhaps even more gutting is that the rubbish newspapers we have have chosen to ignore these outrageous human rights violations and focused on mundane talks such as TB Joshua's predictions or Mo-Hits break up. We really are insane as a collective group of people, even the thread was focused on his mental health than the obviously more important issues. What if it wasn't Orji? what if it were someone who got locked up for trivial non-punishable stuffs like Insulting the village's "big man"?

A corpse as they say is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops!!!....the same system that sees nothing wrong in holding a man for 13 years without trial is still here and the next man may just be someone very close.

Seconded
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by comechop(m): 3:13am On Apr 14, 2012
violent: The only thing i consider madness in this case is the system that keeps people locked up awaiting trial for 13 fu[i]c[/i]king years...Is this even a country we have at all?

get out of here! Get that logic out of NL! What are you doing on here, making such sane and sensible statements?! Someone arrest this man!

Its incredible really - we all cry and lament about Nigeria, but are more concerned about the latest prophesy or about the latest 'celebrity' gossip and ish like that. We'll call this man 'mad' or whatevers - but he the right to face trail! But you have clowns on here shouting 'karma' etc. Its only fun and games till it hits home.

2 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Goldieluks: 3:15am On Apr 14, 2012
I thought they said he was mad, hence his cannibalistic actions.
Whatever! let him rot in jail, no need spending money treating that wizard.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by onila(f): 3:30am On Apr 14, 2012
the topic title made me laugh tire grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by browncool(m): 3:51am On Apr 14, 2012

You have spoken nicely man
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by jolab: 4:24am On Apr 14, 2012
What a horrible man!If he was eating ppl,he probably ave a prion disease.more than likely kuru.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Kayday(m): 5:01am On Apr 14, 2012
@violent, u made one of the very sensible and educated post that i've read on Nairaland. It's people like u we need here. Wonder why u keep someone for 13 good years and no end in sight. I went with a friend- a lawyer on a prison visit in Benin sometimes ago. U would not believe what some helpless citizens are going through. I just pray that some of those running their mouths will not experience the brutal system directly or indirectly. It's then they'll know that the society is the looser when we run this kind of 17th century system and mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Ninilowo(m): 5:18am On Apr 14, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: @violent, abeg tell them my bro. everyone always misses the real issues and have their minds clouded by sentimentalistic tendencies. any wonder why we are static in this country? The point is not wether the man ate people's flesh or not. The point is that the system has failed to deal properly with his case, and the cases of others ranging from those guilty of much much lesser crimes to those who are completely innocent. Keeping him waiting indefinitely is not justice, he is still innocent as far as the law is concerned. If he is guilty, let a judge pronounce it and let him be dealt with accordinlgy.
Sit there romanticizing about nemesis, till you are the one running about trying to get a relative out of indefinite police detention!
Grammar.

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 14, 2012
this man roasted humans alive and fed on them, kidnapped and kept a young lady as sex slave for months and had s.x.x with her as he wanted without feeding the lady?
he deserves whatever happened to him, even the 13yrs awaiting trial is too small.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by kemiola89(f): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2012
Cant believe dis human eater is stil alive, hmmm i subscribe to the saying dat justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Odichi(f): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2012
Ara ga-agba ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by sounso: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2012
Now they have succeded.he wasn't tried since so thst he won't call d names of d notable pple he claimed he sold human parts to.nw dat he is mad,case CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by jamace(m): 7:08am On Apr 14, 2012
all4naija: According to the OP he seemed to be a mad person before. For eating human flesh(in a big city and not for ritual purposes) is an evidence of a demented human being to me.

Na lie o. That man was not demented as at the time he was arrested.He only faked it. I remember the story very well. He was found with a cell phone then with which he used to communicate with his customers. And if you cast your mind back, cell phone was for the rich as at that time.

As far as I'm concerned, he has gotten mad because he wished for it, call it karma and you may not be far from the truth.
Re: Clifford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison by Babsadediji(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2012
grin grin grin ; naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Calls Police To Arrest Father For Printing Fake Money In Kenya (Video) / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Posing As A German And Duping People / Faye Mooney: Briton Shot Dead At Kaduna Resort – UK Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.