Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football (18032 Views)

Poll: who is better in soccer?

Ghana: 55% (30 votes)
Nigeria: 40% (22 votes)
equal: 3% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Congo Vs Nigeria: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Mexico Vs Nigeria: Who Was The Man Of The Match? / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by bingbagbo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
i am speaking generally, as in which of them has produced the best players, who has achieved more in soccer, who has beaten who the most and who is more popular to the world?
note that nigeria has won AFCON twice, GHANA has done it 4.nigeria was first to win olympics from africa, GHana was first to win a medal in olympics.nigeria has been to world cup 4 times and ghana 2 times.Ghana is the only african nation to win under 20 world cup.nigeria has won under 17 world cup 3 times and ghana 2 times.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by bingbagbo(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2012
Nigerian players: odegbami. okocha kanu west finidi martins amokachi oliseh amaesiamaka yobo siasia etc

Ghanaian players: kuffuor essien yeboah appiah abedi mfum muntari razak gyan lamptey boateng etc

ghana~born players:dessaily, balotelli gerome welbeck etc
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by rastamouse: 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
The answer is obvious...Ghana rules over naija by far in football. They beat us in every statistics including FIFA's head-to-head comparison.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by bingbagbo(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2012
rastamouse: The answer is obvious...Ghana rules of naija by far in football. They beat us in every statistics including FIFA's head-to-head comparison.

are u nigerian?
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by shadrach77: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
point of correction - ghana has only been to the world cup ONCE wink smiley smiley
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by rastamouse: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
bin gbagbo:

are u nigerian?

Just look at the stats you gave. I need not to talk further
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by rastamouse: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
shadrach77: point of correction - ghana has only been to the world cup ONCE wink smiley smiley
grin Do you watch football?
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by onatisi(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
i live in ghana and this topic always creates problems.one nigeria has a superior footballing record more that ghana reasons if u look at d u17 on fifa website only nigeria and brazil have the best record so far.the 1st black nation to lift a world cup was nigeria .the only two points ghanaians always point to is the fact that the lifted the under 21 which they ignorantly claim is superior to u17 and they have reached the quater finals of the world cup which we havent.u need to understand somethin
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Jarus(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
With a history of fierce rivalry, both countries are at par in my opinion.
Nigeria has more talents in my opinion, but Ghana has better administration and more committed players.

Currently - at least from 2002 - they are ahead of us. Fifteen years up to 2002, we were ahead of them. The generation before that, we were ahead of them. Earliest generation (50's thru 70's) they were better than us. So it's a generational rivalry.

Head to head, they have beaten us more, I think.
Success at world stage, our 1994 set was enviable until our record was surpassed by their 2010 WC set.
Best player ever, I think their Abedi Pele was a graeter player than our own Kanu or Okocha or even Yekinni.
Potential wise, I believe we have more, only that we are not committed and organized here.
We have been more successful at age-grade competitions
Over all, we are at par, but if parity is not accepted, then I will say Ghana has a slight edge.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by rastamouse: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
Jarus: With a history of fierce rivalry, both countries are at par in my opinion.
Nigeria has more talents in my opinion, but Ghana has better administration and more committed players.

Currently - at least from 2002 - they are ahead of us. Fifteen years up to 2002, we were ahead of them. The generation before that, we were ahead of them. Earliest generation (50's thru 70's) they were better than us. So it's a generational rivalry.

Success at world stage, our 1994 set was enviable until our record was surpassed by their 2010 WC set.
Best player ever, I think their Abedi Pele was a graeter player than our own Kanu or Okocha or even Yekinni.
Potential wise, I believe we have more, only that we are not committed and organized here.
Over all, we are at par, but if parity is not accepted, then I will say Ghana has a slight edge.

You are right except the fact that Fifa ranks Ghana higher than Naija in head-to-head between the two nations.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by jjjkkkooo: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ghana is better than Nigeria in EVERYTHING!!! Sorry, yet I am a Nigerian
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by onatisi(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
u need to understand something about ghanians.they are very very very proud of their country.two ghanians are STUPIDLY FOOLISHLY IGNORANTLY passionate about their country .do u believe that most ghanians believe that their country is by far better than usa uk and all the western countries.and if u tell them otherwise u instntly become their enemy and also a target rangers came here to beat hearts of oak for 100 yrs cele.b4 d match com see abuse on naija after the match they just went silent.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by sylve11: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
Nigeria is far better than ghana in terms of football, ghana is only better than Nigeria in the area of homosexuality. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by kodylicky(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
sylve11: Nigeria is far better than ghana in terms of football, ghana is only better than Nigeria in the area of homosexuality. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool
lol
i believe Nigeria has been better than Ghana until recently......
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by onatisi(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
guys ghana isnt as great as u rate them.i had all this ideas before coming here but on getting here i must confess i was dissapointed.our league is 100 times better and more competitve.nigerian players move here is droves everyday.the last friendly we played against them i placed a bet on naija but mid way they all came to collect their money back fearing we will beat them .the only history they have which is above ours is the nations cup.the truth is this NIGERIAN DICTATE THE PACE IN GHANA
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by rastamouse: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by EFULEFU1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
ALLAH FORBID, UP 9JA
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
bin gbagbo:

are u nigerian?
abeg leave sentiment and discuss fruitball sori i mean football grin
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Okijajuju1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
onatisi: guys ghana isnt as great as u rate them.i had all this ideas before coming here but on getting here i must confess i was dissapointed.our league is 100 times better and more competitve.nigerian players move here is droves everyday.the last friendly we played against them i placed a bet on naija but mid way they all came to collect their money back fearing we will beat them .the only history they have which is above ours is the nations cup.the truth is this NIGERIAN DICTATE THE PACE IN GHANA

I want to disagree on the Nigerian league being better than the Ghanaian league.

Ours has better coverage with sponsors throwing big money at them, but theirs has better local followership and their games are very competitive. You do not want to be anywhere near a radio when Ashanti kotoko and Hearts of Oak are playing or King faisal and co.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
onatisi: u need to understand something about ghanians.they are very very very proud of their country.two ghanians are STUPIDLY FOOLISHLY IGNORANTLY passionate about their country .do u believe that most ghanians believe that their country is by far better than usa uk and all the western countries.and if u tell them otherwise u instntly become their enemy and also a target rangers came here to beat hearts of oak for 100 yrs cele.b4 d match com see abuse on naija after the match they just went silent.
thats why i hate those bloody ignorant ghanaians.. And have noticed they always wana compete with nigeria... Nigeria is ahead of them in all ramification buh they wudnt admit... Imagine one bloody ghanaian like that telling me accra is more beautiful that abuja when in actual sense..akwa ibom is even prettier than their bloody capital...anyway sha leave those bloody ghanaians they are born that way
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Ozonna(m): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
onatisi: u need to understand something about ghanians.they are very very very proud of their country.two ghanians are STUPIDLY FOOLISHLY IGNORANTLY passionate about their country .do u believe that most ghanians believe that their country is by far better than usa uk and all the western countries.and if u tell them otherwise u instntly become their enemy and also a target rangers came here to beat hearts of oak for 100 yrs cele.b4 d match com see abuse on naija after the match they just went silent.

I heard of the friendly between Rangers fc of enugu and Accra hearts of oak. Heard how Rangers won 2-1. I also heard that when they saw it was Rangers instead of Enyimba, they said that this will be a walk-over.

@ Topic, @ National level dem better pass us.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Ozonna(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

I want to disagree on the Nigerian league being better than the Ghanaian league.

Ours has better coverage with sponsors throwing big money at them, but theirs has better local followership and their games are very competitive. You do not want to be anywhere near a radio when Ashanti kotoko and Hearts of Oak are playing or King faisal and co.

I heard they're more organised as a result have better sponsorship package than our league. I also think that their clubs are privately run as against what we have here whereby State Govs run d clubs. Also heard that a Nigerian businessman is a Top official in Hearts of Oak fc (abeg I never confirm am) and he was the person that contacted Rangers Fc for the Friendly match between Rangers and Hearts of Oak in Accra
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Nayah(f): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Cameroon grin
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by emsquare(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse: The answer is obvious...Ghana rules over naija by far in football. They beat us in every statistics including FIFA's head-to-head comparison.

Gbam!
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by onatisi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
ok ooo i rest my case .come and see for urself
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by mikron(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
without being sounding bias i think Nigeria is slightly ahead. no offence to my Ghanian's brothers
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by Nkonkonsa: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
@onatisi: Stop your ranting and useless posturing. FIFA has already settled this debate! grin
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by djfiifi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
How do you post this on a Nigeria forum and expect fair play?
Nigerians are going to tickle themselves and laugh at the same time.
Ghana is better than Nigeria by all standard.
Successes in soccer are counted with trophies one has won,just do your counting.
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by kombats: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
Oboy ghana beat 9ja hands down na
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by ifyalways(f): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
No pride,prejudice or kwasiabilities but Ghana allllllllll the way.

LOL
Re: Ghana Or Nigeria? Who Is Generally Better In Football by chucky234(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Jarus: With a history of fierce rivalry, both countries are at par in my opinion.

Guy Kanu is ranked 4th best in African player of all time and has far more laurels than Abedi Pele.
In terms of talents Okocha is miles ahead of Abedi pele,bros no dull me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divine Oduduru Disqualified From IAAF World Championships / Robbers Raid Ahmed Musa's House In Jos / Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.