Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria (1539 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / American's Parenting Guide: The Dos And Don'ts In Pictures. / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria by thenaijawoman: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
Every Nigerian parent who has a child between the ages of three and eighteen should let me know the security measures that they take to protect their children from rape and sexual abuse. the rate of such tragedies are rising at an alarming rate.
Parents please help and respond let's share our secrets on protecting our little loved ones!
Re: Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
Nice thread.
Better than most of what is usually posted here.We have to talk to our childre when they are at a young age about the dangers of molestation and se.xual abuse,by trying to warn about the implications.I think it is easier when they are very young because once they get to their teens they will feel they knows it all.
Re: Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria by taryour(f): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
Cassa: Nice thread.
Better than most of what is usually posted here.We have to talk to our childre when they are at a young age about the dangers of molestation and se.xual abuse,by trying to warn about the implications.I think it is easier when they are very young because once they get to their teens they will feel they knows it all.

very well said. D earlier we train our kids d better for us.
Re: Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria by maryini(f): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
No uncles or aunties stays in my house for more than a week - my GOLDEN rule. Most abuse cases I hear about are perpetuated by family relations and househelps. So say no to extended family visits.
Re: Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria by agiboma(f): 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ op I dont think education on sexual abuse should start once the child is a teenager. This should begin as soon as the child could talk as early as age 3. Young children of this age should be taught about their private parts, off course you wont use words such as penis or vagina, you can create a word that they will understand. For example i use the term "pee-pee" with my son he is 20 months. Once he turns 3-4 I plan of teaching him that NO ONE should touch his "peee=pee" if they do its wrong and he should tell me or his dad. Child abuse does not start always in teenage hood, young children 5,6,7 etc are abused all the time. For me early interventions and letting children know the right way to touch and wrong way is essential in preventing them from being abused.
GREAT TOPIC BTW

(1) (Reply)

Man Cries For Help As His Wives Give Birth To Triplet, Twins In 72 Hours / Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? / Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.