Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her (23807 Views)

Wizkid Smashes Fan’s Iphone 6 In Dubai Club While Smoking Weed / Police Allegedly Shoots Nigerian Artist On His Way To Headies Award / Do Actors Get Turned On Filming Romance Scenes? Nigerian Actors Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by omar22(m): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2012
Hi everyone, to my opinion she shouldn't have slapped her just because normally she should act like a "Lady" as a "role model" a public person, means she needs to have everything under control and capable to control herself

Do you know how many celebrities have slapped or punched a papparazzi in public we are talking from the young (Selena Gomez) to the old (Diana Ross)
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by emmatok(m): 10:20am On Apr 18, 2012
omar22:

Do you know how many celebrities have slapped or punched a papparazzi in public we are talking from the young (Selena Gomez) to the old (Diana Ross)

Do you know the amount of Legal battles they faced.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by omar22(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2012
emmatok:

Do you know the amount of Legal battles they faced.

Its easy for them to be sued because you could film anyone without their consent in a public place, but a movie set is not a public place.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by stallion2: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2012
your fellow garl slap you, Come break your BB, and you dey for there dey moan, YOU NO FIT WOZAM BACK. I SORRY FOR YOU JUST because OF ONE THING ONLY - NO MORE PINGING. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
Good one from Mercy J. If it was me, I wouldve also kicked her freaking teeth in. The lady would spread the video round and before you know it, the tabloids and gossip blogs would go wild with stories and rumors.

Good one Mercy J. One bottle of Gulder for you. cheesy
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nayah(f): 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
omar22:

It does not mean they are "Lady" a "Lady" has nothing to do with your wallet but with your behaviour and self control as as public person
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Oluschenco(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
I cant bear 2 pains at a time. Its either a new phone or i go for a revenge mission.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by sweetcocoa(f): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
Nayah:
It does not mean they are "Lady" a "Lady" has nothing to do with your wallet but with your behaviour and self control as as public person
I never knew a "lady" is not a human being with blood flowing through her veins,thanks for the clarification.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by tpia5: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by ebamma(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2012
let the make up artist sue her for assault and physical, emotional and financial damage,it's high time she paid for the damage done
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by omar22(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2012
ebamma: let the make up artist sue her for assault and physical, emotional and financial damage,it's high time she paid for the damage done

She would sue her for illegally filming her in attempt to defamation of her character and career

Check 59 and 60

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Arosa(m): 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
omar22:

She would sue her for illegally filming her in attempt to defamation of her character and career

Check 59 and 60

How can you prove that the makeup artist intended to do that "defamation"?
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by omar22(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2012
Arosa:

How can you prove that the makeup artist intended to do that "defamation"?

Why is she filming her?

definitely not for her video collection!!!

The question would be asked! were you filming her with her consent? if she says NO! the book would be thrown at her
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Arosa(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2012
omar22:

Why is she filming her?

The question would be asked! were you filming her with her consent? if she says NO! the book would be thrown at her

Is there a law in naija that require you to ask for consent before filming?
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Ikechialex(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
Make una bone dat tin. Will d ashawo film were she de act not com out in public? At d end.
She just wan show her sef. If na mi I go just set blow hit that her Igbpo lips. Nonsense person we're call her sef married woman
Sha husband snatcher!
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Goldieluks: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
omar22:

Why is she filming her?

Exactly!
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by mpiatu: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
she had every right to react the way she did..y shld the lady record her while shooting romantic scenes,such things could result to character assasination...do u realize what scandal it wud cause her should the video leak in that manner?
she has not done anything wrong..
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nayah(f): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2012
sweetcocoa: I never knew a "lady" is not a human being with blood flowing through her veins,thanks for the clarification.
Dear I've never talked about being a human being or not, I'm only saying that as a "Lady" which means a role model she should be able to control herself, sorry but as a public person that's one of the criteria to be respected
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 24, 2012
How does one retaliate with violence for being recorded? Furthermore, how are some people supporting her? I'm baffled. So no one could cease the phone and fire the makeup artist? If we support barbaric behavior, then barbaric behavior will only continue. We can't cheer for an actress slapping a makeup artist in the wrong and then get upset when we're proven time and time again that many Nigerians are uncivilised. Mercy Johnson was angry and understandably so, but she needs to control herself.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nayah(f): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2012
How does one retaliate with violence for being recorded? Furthermore, how are some people supporting me? I'm baffled. So no one could cease the phone and fire the makeup artist? If we support barbaric behavior, then barbaric behavior will only continue. We can't cheer for an actress slapping a makeup artist in the wrong and then get upset when we're proven time and time again that many Nigerians are uncivilised. Mercy Johnson was angry and understandably so, but she needs to control herself.[b]

The last sentence summarizes everything
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by skibochi(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
Nayah: How does one retaliate with violence for being recorded? Furthermore, how are some people supporting me? I'm baffled. So no one could cease the phone and fire the makeup artist? If we support barbaric behavior, then barbaric behavior will only continue. We can't cheer for an actress slapping a makeup artist in the wrong and then get upset when we're proven time and time again that many Nigerians are uncivilised. Mercy Johnson was angry and understandably so, but she needs to control herself.[b]

The last sentence summarizes everything

Spot on! That act was quite uncalled, barbaric and crude. i think it was a very petty act and shows the shallowness of her mind and one can only imagine her reactions if she has an issue with her husband. Very uncivilised behavior from a "so called" nollywood role model.....abegi!!
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by RuuDie(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2012
Funny. . .isn't the movie still going to be released anyway and the whole world will eventually see whatever she was doing that y'all refer to as 'private' - or were they (Mercy and her co-actor) doing something that was not in the script!!?
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 21, 2012
the lady is a criminal she had evry intention of using dat video for watever reason she had. d slap was oversteppin but dis is naija pls all dis law suit and shit no dey work. imagine mj and d make up artist in court. maybe she wan use d video to self-service useless woman. on no reason can she give credence to recording in secret. why didnt she do it openly or take mercys permission. fuckin freak of a make up artist
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by babyboy3(m): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2012
I cant believe people are supporting the make-up artist, and these are the same people who wave the flag for Nollywood to grow! if the make-up artist gets away with this it could deter or discourage bigger film artist away from the industry! I could remember in the mid 90s when JLO is on tour and she would hire 3 floors of an hotel and she would keep her staff on the 1st floor leave the middle floor free and she would stay on the 3rd floor, she has sacked staffs for coming up unto the second floor! wwhy because she doesnt want such incident that video of her not looking decent out there on line. Why is she filming her? Remember what happened to the camera man that tried to film Mike Tyson when he was jogging?
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nurserose: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
Serves d makeup artiste ryt, Mercy was ryt wen she said dis is how it all begins, d lady might decide to put it on d internet 4 d world to see and then people will start insulting her. Sumbody dat is married.
Re: Mercy Johnson Slaps Makeup Artist On Set & Smashes Her Phone For Filming Her by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
I don't blame Mercy sha. . . next thing you'll read is ''Mercy Johnson in hot romance with blah blah blah''. She prolly over reacted, but then, that's her!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade Celebrating World Food Day / Toke Makinwa Becomes OPPO Mobile Brand Ambassador (Photos) / Beverly Naya Receives DM From A Married Man Who Wants To Make Her "Queen 2"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.