Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. (4370 Views)

10 Amazing Reasons Why You Must Never Miss Heaven. / If You Miss Heaven Who Would You Blame. / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Viable(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2008
WHY MAJORITY OF CHRISTIANS AND AND THEIR LEADERS WILL MISS HEAVEN!

KEY BIBLE TEXT; ISAIAH 24:1-6.

Prophet Isaiah in the book of Isaiah 24;1-6, prophesied the destruction of the Earth and why God will destroy the inhabitants of this Earth with fire.

-Behold the LORD maketh the Earth empty, and maketh it waste,and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

-And it shall be, as with the people so with the 'priest' (pastors,Reverends,Apostles, Bishops, popes, Evangelists,Elders,Deacons etc) as with the servaant, so with his master, as with the maid, so with her mistress, as with the buyer, so with the seller, as with the Lender, so with the borrower, as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

-The land shall be ultterly emptied, and ultterly spoiled; for the LORD hath spoken this word.

-The Earth mourneth and fadeth away; the haughthy people of the Earth do languish.

-The Earth is also defiled under the inhabitants thereof (why) because they have TRANSGRESSED THE LAWS, CHANGED THE ORDINANCE AND BROKEN THE EVERLASTING COVENANT.

-Therefore hath the curse devoured the Earth , and they that dwell therein are desolate therefore, the inhabitants of the Earth are burned, and FEW MEN LEFT.(Isaiah 24:1-6)

From the above Bible quotation, God spelled out why He will destroy the Earth and the inhabitants. Because of DISOBEDIENCE AND REBELLION.

God detaste rebellion. The bible in 1 samuel 15; 22, 23, tells us that God regards rebellion and sturborness as the same sin as the sins of witchcraft and idolatry.

Following the context that led to the statement in 1 samuel 15; 22,23, God commanded king saul to destroy utterly the Amalekites, but he did selective obedience. His response was that the PEOPLE, mark the word THE PEOPLE took of spoil to sacrifice unto the LORD. (1 SAM. 15;21} That means we should be careful how we follow popular opinion.
God is not delighted in sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the LORD, for to obey is better than sacrifices and to harken than the fat of rams,
Today, many church leaders don't tell their members the biblical truth about the position of God's commandment in the new covenant. The poor members depending on the directions of such leaders feel they are doing the will of God.
the truth is that God is not interested in our sacrifices in terms of fat tithe and offerings, in our long prayers and fasting, the time and money we spend on television Evangelisim, even the battalion or legion of demons we cast out does not matter much to God, if we are deep in intentional rebellion. The LORD requires that we obey Him in everything for He indid gave us the law of liberty (The ten commandment, james 2;12).
On the last day (the judgement Day) many great pastors, tele-Evangelists, reverends, apostles etc will say, Lord we preached in the name of JESUS, we prophesied in the name of JESUS, we healed the sick in the name of JESUS, Cast out demons in the name of JESUS, did many wonderful good works in the name of JESUS but JESUS will reply saying i never knew you, depart from me you workers of iniquity. Is very sad to note that this will be the fate of so many great church leaders and their members. For JESUS said not all who call me lord! lord!! will enter into the kingdom of GOD but those who do the will of my father in heaven.(matthew 7;21-23)
Many christians and their leaders profess the lordship of JESUS CHRIST on leaps-service. JESUS is saying, if you love me, obey my commandment. (john 14;15) . Unforturnately, these christian leaders today uphold man made commandment instead of God's commandment. God commanded, REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY AND KEEP IT HOLY (Exd.20;8-11) but because of popular opinion these leaders are obeying man's command, which says remember sunday (the first day of the week) and keep it holy. that means that they prefer to obey man rather than God the creator of heaven and Earth, which is rebellion to GOD ALMIGHTY. To these worshipers, Jesus is saying, that you are worshiping Him in vain for obeying the voice of man rather than that of GOD. (Matthew 15;8-9).

These church leaders who know the truth and hide it from their members will tell them that it does not matter. some will say that JESUS changed the law and gave anew one but JESUS denied all these accussations saying, do not suppose that i have come to do away with the law or the prophets but to enforce them (matthew 5;17-19 Goodspeed) He went further to say that until heaven and earth pass away that no dot will be removed from the law.

Many worshipers today will perish for lack of knowledge. they will miss heaven because of an' it does not matter that matters.'For the bible says that my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. for they have forgotten the law of GOD, God says i will reject them and their children. (Hosea 4;6) Here God spelt it out what the lack of knowledge is ,that is to forget the law of the LORD. So if we love GOD we will obey HIM in everything, including the 4th commandment, remember the sabbath day to keep it holy. The bible says if we obey all and say we will not obey only one that we are guilty of all for the same GOD that said do not kill also said you shall not commit adulty and remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. (james 2;10,11).

The truth is that GOD is not ready to tolerate another rebellion, in the new heaven and earth therefore He will screen out all rebellious people and extinguish them from the surface of the earth together with the author of rebellion ,the devil.
Today, GOD is warning all christians to beware of false prophets. (matthew 24;11) for they will deceive many. You may ask, what of the uncountable number of christians that honour sunday instead of saturday the sabbath day commanded by GOD ALMIGHTY. The answer is not far fetched. God does not go with majority, rather the faithful few who uphold his commandments. check out in the bible, when GOD destroyed the world with flood, how many people did he save? only eight When he destroyed sodom and gomorrha, how many did he save? only three, Lot and the two daughters. Because of rebellion, out of six hundred and something adult males that left Egypt for the promised land, how many were able to make it? only two people joshua and caleb. So in the things of GOD majority may be wrong.
So let us know that what will take us to heaven is our obedience to the commandment of GOD and the testimony of JESUS (Rev.12;17 and Rev. 14;12) . So, the law and the testmonyof JESUS is the standard of GOD's judgement.

There is an urgent need for every worship to open his or her eyes. check out bible advice on how you can know false prophets in Isaiah 8;20 which says to the law and the testimony if they do not speak according to these, it means there is no light in them.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by pilgrim1(f): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2008
Viable:

WHY MAJORITY OF CHRISTIANS AND AND THEIR LEADERS WILL MISS HEAVEN!

Just be sure you also prepare yourself and not be counted among that "majority". Blessings.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Viable(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2008
Pilgrim, thanks for that comment. By GOD'S grace i won't be among the majority besides i won't like to be lonely in Heaven. where do you want to be? Among the MAJORITY or the FAITHFUL FEW?
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Backslider(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2008
Behold the LORD maketh the Earth empty, and maketh it waste,and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

This is what he is about to do.

-
And it shall be, as with the people so with the 'priest' (pastors,Reverends,Apostles, Bishops, popes, Evangelists,Elders,Deacons etc)

See there is no difference btwin the Church leader. We also see that the fall of a priest can have effect on the fall of men worshipin God

as with the servaant, so with his master, as with the maid, so with her mistress, as with the buyer, so with the seller, as with the Lender, so with the borrower, as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

Just look at america you will it is a perfect example. Even the banks that were invincible has been hit hard.

-The land shall be ultterly emptied, and ultterly spoiled; for the LORD hath spoken this word.

-The Earth mourneth and fadeth away; the haughthy people of the Earth do languish.

-The Earth is also defiled under the inhabitants thereof (why) because they have TRANSGRESSED THE LAWS, CHANGED THE ORDINANCE AND BROKEN THE EVERLASTING COVENANT.

America has changed it moral laws. It remains few emblems

-Therefore hath the curse devoured the Earth , and they that dwell therein are desolate therefore, the inhabitants of the Earth are burned, and FEW MEN LEFT.(Isaiah 24:1-6)

However there few men that have not defiled their Garment as of the time i listened to David Wilkerson. He not your regular TELEVANGELIST
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Ndipe(m): 2:28am On Mar 18, 2009
Viable:

Pilgrim, thanks for that  comment. By GOD'S grace i won't be among the majority besides i won't like to be lonely in Heaven. where do you want to be? Among the MAJORITY or the FAITHFUL FEW?

So, what makes you think you will be lonely, if you were among the faithful servants of God to live in his Eternal Kingdom in his presence? You are viewing Heaven as if it is some place where the choosen ones will be lonely, even though, despite the presence of God the Creator.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Viable(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2009
Offline[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven.
« #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:28 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Viable on October 13, 2008, 01:10 PM
Pilgrim, thanks for that comment. By GOD'S grace i won't be among the majority besides i won't like to be lonely in Heaven. where do you want to be? Among the MAJORITY or the FAITHFUL FEW?

@ndipe
I didn't say i will be lonely in heaven. I said "i won't like to be lonely in heaven"meaning that i want heaven to be populated. Thats the reason for the message, for people to hear and take the bold dedecisiono obey God.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2009
@Viable,
Below is the quotation of what I said to your fellow seventh day Adventist, but up till now I am still waiting for his response, perhaps you will have something to say about the issues I raised in the post below.

OLAADEGBU:

@Bobbyaf,

I am satisfied with the fact that your church (The Seventh Day Adventists) teaches and believes the orthodox biblical teaching concerning the Trinity, the deity and incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, including His virgin birth, the Lord's bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven, and the prospect of His personal return to earth in glory. The sinfulness of human nature, salvation through faith in Christ alone and the necessity of the new birth which are all confirmed by you guys. These are the fundamental issues that will determine our destinies. Hence, I extend my hand of friendship and brotherhood to you, we are brothers and sisters in Christ as we look forward to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory. Nevertheless, I still think we should endeavour to study the whole truth and abide by it even when others are compromising with the evolutionist atheists. It was Adrian Rogers that said "It is better to be divided in truth than to be united in error, it is better to speak truth that hurts and then heals than to speak a lie; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude . . . The religion of today is 'get-along-ism.' It is time for men and women of God to stand,[even] if they have to stand alone."

However, we still differ on some teachings which I believe you have deviated from such as your teaching on the seventh-day sabbath, conditional immortality, investigative judgment, the heavenly sanctuary and the claim that Ellen White was a divinely appointed messenger of God.

It seems to me that you are making the same mistakes that the Galatian Christians whom Paul rebuked in Galatians 3:1-5 who were reverting back to the law instead of being led by the Spirit. Paul's warning and pronouncement in Gal.1:6-9 should be heeded. This is similar to the errors of the RCC who are now adding works and tradition to their faith so as to be saved, we are saved by faith alone, not plus works , and as you have rightly said earlier, that 'works' is only a product of our faith in Christ. It seems that you have taken the gospel according to Ellen White who claimed that she saw a vision of the ark and the 10 commandments in heaven, and the 4th commandment with a halo around it and she interpreted this as being that Christians are not keeping this law. You take her word as the word of God and this may explain why you keep insisting on the keeping the Jewish Sabbath law. You must have forgotten or not taken notice that she was convinced that the prediction of your founder William Miller, that Christ's return was imminent to take place in 10 October 1843 and that He would set up His kingdom in America was the accurate prediction, she was again proved to be wrong. The following morning of this 'great disappointment' is the time she now saw this supposed vision that you are now running with, trying to use the scriptures to justify her vision.

My sincere appeal to you and your members is to watch and pray so that you will not fall into the same trap that the RCC have fallen into who are now praying to the dead, a thing that the Lord has forbidden in His commandment. Paul said "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." One of the signs that a Christian church is heading towards being a cult is when they isolate themselves thinking that they are the only ones keeping the commandments of God. The Lord says "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev. 2:5. For these reasons, let us put our argument aside and reach out to the lost who are groping in darkness, who Satan has blinded their minds from seeing the blessings of the gospel truth that has replaced the shadows and ceremonies of the old covenant.

As for the rest especially Bastage, huxley and KunleOshob, it will do you a lot good if you can take the time to watch the videoclips posted and reflect on where you will spend your eternity. May the Lord give you eyes that can see and ears that can hear and hearts that will perceive the light of the glorious gospel and that the daystar will appear in your hearts.

Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by JJYOU: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2009
heaven.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Recognise: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@Viable,

Below is the quotation of what I said to your fellow seventh day Adventist, but up till now I am still waiting for his response, perhaps you will have something to say about the issues I raised in the post below.

Quote from: OLAADEGBU on March 19, 2009, 04:28 PM
@Bobbyaf,

I am satisfied with the fact that your church (The Seventh Day Adventists) teaches and believes the orthodox biblical teaching concerning the Trinity, the deity and incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, including His virgin birth, the Lord's bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven, and the prospect of His personal return to earth in glory. The sinfulness of human nature, salvation through faith in Christ alone and the necessity of the new birth which are all confirmed by you guys.

These are the fundamental issues that will determine our destinies. Hence, I extend my hand of friendship and brotherhood to you, we are brothers and sisters in Christ as we look forward to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory.

Nevertheless, I still think we should endeavour to study the whole truth and abide by it even when others are compromising with the evolutionist atheists.

It was Adrian Rogers that said
"It is better to be divided in truth than to be united in error,
it is better to speak truth that hurts and then heals than to speak a lie;
it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie;
it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude . . .

The religion of today is 'get-along-ism.'
It is time for men and women of God to stand, [even] if they have to stand alone."

However, we still differ on some teachings which I believe you have deviated from such as your teaching on the seventh-day sabbath, conditional immortality, investigative judgment, the heavenly sanctuary and the claim that Ellen White was a divinely appointed messenger of God.

It seems to me that you are making the same mistakes that the Galatian Christians whom Paul rebuked in Galatians 3:1-5 who were reverting back to the law instead of being led by the Spirit.

Paul's warning and pronouncement in Gal.1:6-9 should be heeded.

This is similar to the errors of the RCC who are now adding works and tradition to their faith so as to be saved, we are saved by faith alone, not plus works , and as you have rightly said earlier, that 'works' is only a product of our faith in Christ.

It seems that you have taken the gospel according to Ellen White who claimed that she saw a vision of the ark and the 10 commandments in heaven, and the 4th commandment with a halo around it and she interpreted this as being that Christians are not keeping this law.

You take her word as the word of God and this may explain why you keep insisting on the keeping the Jewish Sabbath law.

You must have forgotten or not taken notice that she was convinced that the prediction of your founder William Miller, that Christ's return was imminent to take place in 10 October 1843 and that He would set up His kingdom in America was the accurate prediction, she was again proved to be wrong.

The following morning of this 'great disappointment' is the time she now saw this supposed vision that you are now running with, trying to use the scriptures to justify her vision.

My sincere appeal to you and your members is to watch and pray so that you will not fall into the same trap that the RCC have fallen into who are now praying to the dead, a thing that the Lord has forbidden in His commandment.

Paul said
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

One of the signs that a Christian church is heading towards being a cult is when they isolate themselves thinking that they are the only ones keeping the commandments of God.

The Lord says
"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev. 2:5.

For these reasons, let us put our argument aside and reach out to the lost who are groping in darkness, who Satan has blinded their minds from seeing the blessings of the gospel truth that has replaced the shadows and ceremonies of the old covenant.

As for the rest especially Bastage, Huxley and KunleOshob, it will do you a lot good if you can take the time to watch the videoclips posted and reflect on where you will spend your eternity.

May the Lord give you eyes that can see and ears that can hear and hearts that will perceive the light of the glorious gospel and that the daystar will appear in your hearts.

smiley So Bobbyaf is Seventh Day Adventist.

I vividly recall a couple of people, in the past, trying prise out of him which "organised church" he attends/fellowships.

He wasn't obliging then so when did he make the disclosure he is Seventh Day Adventist.

I aint got beef with Seventh Day Adventist or Bobbyaf.

Just didnt sense or saw Bobbyaf as a/the denominational type.
- no skin off my nose.

Hey just for a laugh, game to spot an organised church.

[img]http:///c2sxq2[/img]

JJYOU:

heaven.

@JJYOU

Am the same.

This malarky hullaballoo about Heaven.

I don't think they know they are coming back down back to Earth.

. . .  the penny will drop soon anyway.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2009
@Recognise,

Nice to see you are back with a bang, especially with your illuminating, hilarious and humourous captions to brighten up a dull day. 

Bobbyaff and Viable seems to be members of the SDA which is not surprising due to their passionate emphasis on the Jewish Sabbath day.  I can only hope that they respond to my question in the post below.

I agree with you that after the seven year period in heaven with our Lord we will come back with Christ to reign in the millenial reign. May we all be ready when the Lord shall come for His own. In Jesus' name.
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Recognise: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@Recognise,

Nice to see you are back with a bang, especially with your illuminating, hilarious and humourous captions to brighten up a dull day. 

Bobbyaff and Viable seems to be members of the SDA which is not surprising due to their passionate emphasis on the Jewish Sabbath day.  I can only hope that they respond to my question in the post below.

I agree with you that after the seven year period in heaven with our Lord we will come back with Christ to reign in the millenial reign. May we all be ready when the Lord shall come for His own. In Jesus' name.

@OLAADEGBU

My fellow lord, how's the fort?

Ah, it's just the occasional time steal/sneak posting now and then, here and there.

If you want to confab, drop me a line and I'll holler back asap.

You know how we do it wink wink
Re: Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. by Viable(m): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
I expected you to respond directly to the post in question, instead of joining issues with what you told someone else in a different post.
Anyway, there are some issues you mentioned that need to be straightened.

1. William miller was nither a member of seventh Day Adventist church nor the founder. Is either your source missinformed you or your biased attitude for members of seventh Day Adventist Church made you to twist the truth.

2. No pioneer member of seventh Day Adventist church included the fourth commandment in the bible rather they drew the attention of the Christian world to one of God's forgotten commandments.

QUOTE FROM OLAADEGBU

I still think we should endeavour to study the whole truth and abide by it even when others are compromising with the evolutionist atheists. It was Adrian Rogers that said "It is better to be divided in truth than to be united in error, it is better to speak truth that hurts and then heals than to speak a lie; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude . . . The religion of today is 'get-along-ism.' It is time for men and women of God to stand,[even] if they have to stand alone."

Your quotations above to a great extent helped to drive my points home to anyone that is teachable.

I STILL THINK WE SHOULD ENDEAVOUR TO STUDY THE WHOLE TRUTH AND ABIDE BY IT EVEN WHEN OTHERS ARE COMPROMISING.
That is just what we are doing. we are not compromising the Biblical truth. We are telling the world that the same God who said, do not kill, do not covet don't use my name in vain also said, Remember the sabbath Day and keep it holy. Time has not changed. The sabbath Day God commanded is not Sunday the first day of the week rather saturnday the seventh day of the week. God gave it to mankind before the Jewish state came to be. See Genesis 2;2,3. It is not a Jewish sabbath, even if it is, salvation came to us through the Jews. JESUS came as a Jew, all the apostles were Jews, all the authors of the bible were Jews. Can you dispute that?
So, that is the biblical truth. We will abide by it and will not compromise it.

IT IS BETTER TO BE DIVIDED IN TRUTH THAN TO BE UNITED IN ERROR.
Sure, our stand is that we will not be a part of this error, even if people like you may call us a sect or cult. unknown to you that was what they called the early disciples.

IT IS BETTER TO SPEAK THE TRUTH THAT HURTS AND THEN HEALS THAN TO SPEAK A LIE.
Yes, not withstanding that this truth hurts, we will speak it. knowing that all those who will accept it will be healed at last.

IT IS BETTER TO BE HATED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH THAN TO BE LOVED FOR TELLING A LIE.
Even if the world may hate us for proclaiming this truth, we don't care, after all they hated Jesus for the sake of the truth.

IT IS BETTER TO STAND ALONE WITH THE TRUTH THAN TO BE WRONG WITH THE MULTITUDE.
As you can see, we are standing alone on this sabbath issue. When billions of Christians has accepted this man made day of worship we are saying no, GOD and GOD alone must be Obed.

THE RELIGION OF TODAY IS GET-ALONG-ISM.
That is nothing but the truth.

IT IS TIME FOR MEN AND WOMEN OF GOD TO STAND EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO STAND ALONE.
My brother, OLAADEGBU, the time is now, this call is for you. Rev. 14;7 says, fear God and give him glory for the hour of His judgement is come: and worship him that made heaven and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. See exd. 20;8-11.
To fear God is to obey Him, isn't it?

(1) (Reply)

Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow? / What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? / Do You Think Juju Only Effects Africans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.