Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (26756 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Maleeq(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
Oh men! Is this guy good or what? When it comes to grammar and bullets, I wonder who is a greater threat to Nigeria: Him or Dame Patience?

His analysis on super sports, i felt bad on his behalf....after i don laff tire sha! grin

1. Can Wigan maintain d 'temple' of d game?
2. I think they deserve to Lost against Wigan
3. I expect Walcokk to chine

The guy is gifted joor!

3 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by achi4u(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
He lives in two different world
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by lekinz(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]so funny
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Theben(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
And how did this thread get t☺ the front page?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense

37 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
Oh men! Is this guy good or what? When it comes to grammar and bullets, I wonder who is a greater threat to Nigeria: Him or Dame Patience?

His analysis on super sports, i felt bad on his behalf....after i don laff tire sha! grin

1. Can Wigan maintain d 'temple' of d game?
2. I think they deserve to Lost against Wigan
3. I expect Walcokk to chine

The guy is gifted joor!

Nija! Always representing.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Bawss1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
This topic has been discussed before on another thread and that one made the frontpage too.

@Topic
I find it puzzling that Supersports retains his services even though there is nothing exceptional about the analysis he gives with his subpar command of English.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Okijajuju1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Bawss1: This topic has been discussed before on another thread and that one made the frontpage too.

@Topic
I find it puzzling that Supersports retains his services even though there is nothing exceptional about the analysis he gives with his subpar command of English.

Just to make a mockery of the Nigger and Nigeria
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by oldave: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
It is ok for poorly educated guys like Ikpeba,Amokachi etc to make wrong use of words intermittently. When it comes to skills, ball sense, and game interpretation, you know they have made excellent contributions globally. It is you that have problem with Language, these guys are professors in their fields.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by stebell(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
Pls make yu forgive de guy. Him own beta wat of Daniel "de bull". Hv yu heard him speak? Him own worse pass. That's why wen he was on air i dont watch super sports until de start of match
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Leqsy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
god 'l bless u

2 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by ndidibabe(f): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
Tell him..
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Lollysbride: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
This topic has been discussed before on another thread and that one made the frontpage too.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by PHIPEX(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ OP, Have u heard Messi speak? The guy is a footballer and not a journalist. Lets talk other things abeg.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by stanleybiggie(m): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
"Ashually wigan scored a subleem goal..."lmao
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Bawss1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2012

OP isn't crying about Ikpeba's grammar, if anything it is a source of amusement. So save your defense of the grammatically challenged for something else.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Victor Ikpeba was a great footballer but he certainly is a below average football analyst.
Apart from his poor English and poor pronunciation of words,he fails to be professional in his analysis of football matches.
It is so easy to notice that he is completely biased towards anything concerning Manchester United and totally obsessed with them.
On the other hand his co analyst Segun Agbede is so pro united that the two of them succeed in turning the sports chat segment into a battle between two football fans just lucky to speak into a microphone.
Next season Supersports need to up their game and get professionals to run that segment of the programme,or better leave us to watch the original analysis from the EPL studios abroad.
Right now Victor and Segun are an insult to all premium subscription holders on DSTV.
Whenever they come on I just turn down the volume of my TV set.

7 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2012

butetetetetetete *ogogoro laff* abeg helep tell am o... Is like u snatched those words frm my mouth
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
Richvkunt: Victor Ikpeba was a great footballer but he certainly is a below average football analyst.
Apart from his poor English and poor pronunciation of words,he fails to be professional in his analysis of football matches.
It is so easy to notice that he is completely biased towards anything concerning Manchester United and totally obsessed with them.
On the other hand his co analyst Segun Agbede is so pro united that the two of them succeed in turning the sports chat segment into a battle between two football fans just lucky to speak into a microphone.
Next season Supersports need to up their game and get professionals to run that segment of the programme,or better leave us to watch the original analysis from the EPL studios abroad.
Right now Victor and Segun are an insult to all premium subscription holders on DSTV.
Whenever they come on I just turn down the volume of my TV set.
lmfao
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by rlcanon: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
mr.grammar skill,

does the average american speaks deceny english language in public or been private?no is the answer.but me,do not subcriber to bad.but i put it sraight to you that you are jobless and such go play for dirty.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by gulfer: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
Shina Peters said 'grammar no be success' when he made his famous, i wish him soonest recover' sometimes in the 90s and he is today very okay materially and more polished grammatically. Victor should take a cue from this and improve his English language construction ability rather than be trying to speak like the English themselves. Come to think of it, he never played in a purely English-speaking country if my memory serves me right; he played in Belgium and France!!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by MrMurdah: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
As far as broadcasting goes...Victor should not be on TV.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Killz1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
Theben: And how did this thread get t☺ the front page?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by aieromon(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
I've expressed my opinion on an older thread.
If you don't like Ikpeba,listen to Sammy Kuffour.
I love Ikpeba's confidence but his English kills me,mahn.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Emylexray(m): 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Abeg let the guy be!..i don't know why we Nigerians can never be proud of our own, he and Daniel are being chosen to analyse on supersport based on their rich profile as Nigerian's ex-footballers i guess, and not soley on their grammatical eloquence. Like odiero said, he is making cool money with his not-too-good English while you are still under your momma's roof feeding on garri and epa everyday with your immaculate and ''flawless'' English. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by cowgurl: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
Theben: And how did this thread get t☺ the front page?
Like seriously...because Dame Patience was mentioned in it? Nonesense!.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Afam4eva(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
As long as you understand what he's saying, what's the big deal. Fake Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Dt03(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
I hate when people criticise someone. How many of you have ever talked in public television? Let's learn to appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2012

You dey mind them? Nigerians are probably the most detestable nitpickers in the world. Always making a complete mockery of themselves while purporting to mock others. Ikpeba is an accomplished footballer, and his stature as a successful footballer (and former African Footballer of the Year, for that matter) eminently qualifies him to be a football pundit. Even if his English is not as impeccable as some fastidious nitpickers expect, he certainly passes his message across in a manner that is sufficiently clear.

It must take a whole lot of self-pity and insecurity to seek validation by opening a thread to impugn people on account of how poor you think their grammar is. This is extremely ridiculous, especially because these impugned people are all-too-often more accomplished than their faceless detractors would ever be. It is even more ridiculous because the nitpickers' grammar is typically worse than that of the individual they criticise shamelessly.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Emylexray(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
gulfer: Shina Peters said 'grammar no be success' when he made his famous, i wish him soonest recover' sometimes in the 90s and he is today very okay materially and more polished grammatically. Victor should take a cue from this and improve his English language construction ability rather than be trying to speak like the English themselves. Come to think of it, he never played in a purely English-speaking country if my memory serves me right; he played in Belgium and France!!
Didn't he school in Nigeria? Ehn?
Didn't he play in the Nigerian league?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Emylexray(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
personally, as long i get the message that is being conveyed or passed acrossed, i don't bloody care how you say it. I think that's what is called ''communication''

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by doublecross(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
oldave: It is ok for poorly educated guys like Ikpeba,Amokachi etc to make wrong use of words intermittently. When it comes to skills, ball sense, and game interpretation, you know they have made excellent contributions globally. It is you that have problem with Language, these guys are professors in their fields.
supported. I like your comment. This guys are professors in thier fields.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Vs Raja Casablanca:CAF Confederations Cup (0 - 1) On 3rd October 2018 / Klopp: Liverpool Cannot Behave Like Chelsea In The Transfer Market / Wilfred Ndidi Celebrates 100th Appearance For Leicester With A Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.