Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Well, There Is No God That Is Loving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Well, There Is No God That Is Loving (754 Views)

I Wish There Was No GOD. / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross? / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by butterflyy(f): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
B4 u chew me out hear my story. I lost my sister n her child few days back in a motor accident at a very young age. As at d time of d accident my mum was in d church praying n i was also in church. N God so loving let it happen, well its high time i stop deceiving myself n knw that if there was any god, well, he was wicked n now i will live my life like am gonna die today. Who cares.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by misssexyu(f): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
First of all i am really sorry for your great loss,take heart.God knows best HE knows why it happened.I completely feel your grief. Have in mind that God loves you. God is not man,his ways are different, we cannot question him. Please take it easy on yourself.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by butterflyy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
I was brought up to believe that if our earthly father could give us bread n not stone when we ask of it, hw much more our heavenly father n everything ask in His name will b granted, well he just disappointed me
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Goshen360(m): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
Well, If you have made up your mind but before you step down from God, listen to my story.

Many years back when I just gave my life to Christ back home in Nigeria. I grew up with my uncle but after my polytechnic, I had to return back to my biological father to assist him in our family business. I was there back home then in Badagry, Lagos State when I lost 3 of my sisters in an accident. Right on the spot of the accident, they all died. It's a long story as it involves many things that was later revealed. On the accident scene, I felt like burning the vehicle that hit my sisters while ridding on the Okada but I don't know where this voice came from that, I should not do it as many things are invisible to my eyes.

I write this not to convince you, should in case your mind is already made up but, that you know that worse things had happened to good people in the past than what had happened to you. I feel heavy in my heart as I write you even as I remember my sisters but however, I also use this moment to console you and your family. All over the world, things are happening but God knows best. What shall separate us from the love of Christ? As for me, nothing. Not even life nor death.

I console you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. God knows best but don't make decision in a haste.

Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by butterflyy(f): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
As i go through ur post i cried. I need to think. If therez somthing bhind it, God should av averted it since he is our father. Oh God y me
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by ea7(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
is that news...read this link for what god does in the bible www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/atrocities.html any theits are welcome to refute it. But imo anygod that acts like that cannot be trusted to keep his promises
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Goshen360(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ Poster,

My brother, there is a limit to what we know about life. Sometimes, we cannot understand some mysteries of life. It's so painful but I pray you find a rest in your heart. I have seen suffering in my life time but alas, God had made me stronger in all. Kindly email me on goshen360@yahoo.co.uk and send me your mobile contact in the email. I will give you a call when I wake up tomorrow. I reside in the United States anyway. If I can still get your email tonight before I sleep, i will call tonight but if I can't get your email, I will call you tomorrow. Okay.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Laryokeke: 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
Am really sensitive to your loss, sis. But you must understand that such an occurrance in no way invalidates the existence of God. Whether he exists or not, we humans must die one day and nothing guarantees us a day more to live. Hence, you should stop blaming any unseen being and accept what has happened 4 what it is. Someday, u'll die too and hopefully, rendezvous with them. But your misfortune shouldn't determine your religion
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Goshen360(m): 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ ea7,

I believe you are an adult right. This is not the time to do all this rubbish please. The poster is in pain. You can't even console him and all you can is start some silly distraction. What is wrong with you? Do you have heart at all? This your action is unfair. Please leave us alone. As you can see, this thread is not to come and debate what you believe or what you don't believe. Someone is going through pains right now and needs to be consoled. smh
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Laryokeke: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Yeah, you are right. I was greatly insular to her pains up there and am more sorry than d adjective can express. Accept my sympathies, sister. Life's totally unpredictable
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by butterflyy(f): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
I always thought n/l is a big joke. Bt alas am wrong, thank u all for these wonderful n thoughtful words. I just need to smile bt i cant
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by ea7(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
hey butterfly, when you wake up tomorrow, look out the window, the sun will probably be out. Life goes on. Your sister would want that from you. I am sorry for your loss. Come out of your cocoon and fly like your moniker, crying wont bring em back, ive been in your place before. Peace.
Goshen 360 im not exactly an adult yet.. The above is what i was typing before my phone got an error and kaput. I apologise to the op.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Goshen360(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^
Well, am sorry if i sound too tough on you anyway. I just felt the poster should be consoled first, if anything, okay. And if you are not an adult yet, it's time to become one, even as we speak. grin Like i said, I had also lost 3 of my sisters in one day. My mother almost went mad. I don't wanna remember that anymore. Anyway, life is mysterious sometimes. Take am easy o.

@ butterflyy,

Am still epecting you to email me so i can give you a call,okay. goshen360@yahoo.co.uk, send me your mobile contact when you email me. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by JeSoul(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
Goshen360: Well, If you have made up your mind but before you step down from God, listen to my story.

Many years back when I just gave my life to Christ back home in Nigeria. I grew up with my uncle but after my polytechnic, I had to return back to my biological father to assist him in our family business. I was there back home then in Badagry, Lagos State when I lost 3 of my sisters in an accident. Right on the spot of the accident, they all died. It's a long story as it involves many things that was later revealed. On the accident scene, I felt like burning the vehicle that hit my sisters while ridding on the Okada but I don't know where this voice came from that, I should not do it as many things are invisible to my eyes.

I write this not to convince you, should in case your mind is already made up but, that you know that worse things had happened to good people in the past than what had happened to you. I feel heavy in my heart as I write you even as I remember my sisters but however, I also use this moment to console you and your family. All over the world, things are happening but God knows best. What shall separate us from the love of Christ? As for me, nothing. Not even life nor death.

I console you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. God knows best but don't make decision in a haste.

Goshen, this is powerful, because it comes from someone who has been there, thank you for sharing and I pray that God too will continue to heal & preserve your heart & testimony.

butterflyy: B4 u chew me out hear my story. I lost my sister n her child few days back in a motor accident at a very young age. As at d time of d accident my mum was in d church praying n i was also in church. N God so loving let it happen, well its high time i stop deceiving myself n knw that if there was any god, well, he was wicked n now i will live my life like am gonna die today. Who cares.
Please accept my condolences on your loss. It is only human to cry out and ask for meaning in senseless deaths, especially if God is all powerful and knows all. I lost a loved one too to a ghastly road accident. Its a terrible thot to know they departed under such gruesome circumstances. I can't give you an answer, but much like Goshen has said, there is something powerful & inexplicable about the peace & reassurance of God even in terrible circumstances.

One night I stumbled upon a show, christians sharing all kinds of stories of terrible loss - loss of children thru terrible sickness or accidents, loss of loved ones to terrible crimes etc etc, it moved my soul to see people who had suffered hell on earth but instead of the suffering to push them away from God, it instead drew them closer, to not necessarily make sense of it, but rather find peace in it because afterall "it rains on both the wicked and the righteous" and use the story to encourage other believers.

So even if you're angry with God, upset and heartbroken, that is fine, it only makes you human like the rest of us. I believe that in time it shall be well with you and I hope that you find peace in the midst of grief and comfort for your heart. Be blessed.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Joel3(m): 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
I do not believe that any body here has suffered much as i do. But i still believe in God. Even job suffering in the bible is learning for where i am, suffering is not all about povalty or lossing someone but emotional pain and heartache for many years, example, if you are suffering in the eyes of people and you do not believe to yourself that you are suffering then you not, its a personal thing on how you look yourself. The ways of God is something else man can never understand. Even Jesus christ suffered mockring and shame and he cried out 'father why are You forsaken me' talkless of you? Also John the bathist was beheaded and many apostles. Christainity is not a bread or milk of rose or honey as most people or pastor preach or think. I don't pitty when people die my concern is are they SAVED? There are glanshes of teeth in hell.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 18, 2012
butterflyy: B4 u chew me out hear my story. I lost my sister n her child few days back in a motor accident at a very young age. As at d time of d accident my mum was in d church praying n i was also in church. N God so loving let it happen, well its high time i stop deceiving myself n knw that if there was any god, well, he was wicked n now i will live my life like am gonna die today. Who cares.
We all respond differently to death. I remember causing God the day I lost my siblings in the Sosoliso plane crash of 2005. I hated church and God for the next few years. In 2009, through my pastor not because of any bad experience, just his example and the way he led his life, I 'accepted' Jesus and became committed to church work and all. I'm honestly grateful to God for that period in my life, cause it exposed me to a lot of things, experiences and people.

I was in the mould of 'goshen360' anyway. I believed in the Bible and upon studying it, found out what was in the Bible was clearly different from what most pastors/Christians were practicing.

Today, I'm an agnost (it's another story). I believe in God, but believe in the power of man also. Bad and evil experiences will happen to everyone. Ill give this advice as a former christian: Take solace in the Scriptures. That's what my mom did especially in the first 2 years after her children died.

Psalm 73
1 Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong.[a]
5 They are free from common human burdens;
they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity[b];
their evil imaginations have no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice;
with arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance.[c]
11 They say, “How would God know?
Does the Most High know anything?”

12 This is what the wicked are like—
always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.

13 Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure
and have washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been afflicted,
and every morning brings new punishments.

15 If I had spoken out like that,
I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this,
it troubled me deeply
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.

18 Surely you place them on slippery ground;
you cast them down to ruin.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors!
20 They are like a dream when one awakes;
when you arise, Lord,
you will despise them as fantasies.

21 When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

All humans will go through a period in which they question what they believe. It's either we hold unto that which we believe tenaciously, or let go and hold on to something stronger...
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Callotti: 2:16am On Apr 18, 2012
Sorry about your loss.
But you see, that is life.
The CHRISTIAN GOD IS A SADIST!
Regardless of who or what worships his azzze. . . we shall all die.
The same chances of misfortune awaits us all.
Your best bet is to develop strong coping mechanisms and SHOCK ABSORBERS while you are alive.
Learn to EMPOWER yourself BY YOURSELF.

Never let ANYONE or ANYTHING get you down. . .even the loss of your most prized possessions or loved ones.
MOURN BRIEFLY AND MOVE ON.
Never give GOD or SATAN any satisfaction from your misery for long if at all.
NOTHING GETS ME DOWN. . .ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My choice without ANY CONSCIOUS EFFORT TOO. . . No matter how bad things look. . .LIFE IS ALWAYS GOOOOOOD!!!! cool

You or I may be next.

All the best.kiss
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by bigd4050: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2012
I would encourage you to, unlike what other people are saying, question God. The last thing God wants you to do is just walk away. If you are truly a believer, talk to God. Ask him why it happened, ask for understanding. He might just bring it to you.

As for God not being a loving God, that is incorrect. God loves HIS OWN children unconditionally. He still loves everyone else as his creation but it is not the place of honor Christians will have. As a Christian, understand that God sometimes lets sin take its course in the world, and sometimes that does bring pain. It has been said before, but I will repeat it: if they were saved, then be very sad but also recognize that they are with the Lord, which brings some joy on their behalf. If they were not, then I'm sorry to say but God did not love them unconditionally, and they are going to Hell. If they weren't Christians, the argument against God being loving is moot.

Sometimes, bad things do happen to good people. God will let the natural course of sin take its course, because we are all affected by sin. HOWEVER, God will use bad things to ultimately turn them to good in the eternal sense. Take Christ's death. He suffered a terrible death, but now we can experience Christ's saving grace and the Holy Spirit. When the World Trade Centers were attacked, there were many many people who turned to God on that day, because realizing how death can come to us at any time is very humbling. To die while there is even a possibility of standing before an almighty God is very scary if you have not lived your life in repentance. Those are my thoughts on the subject. I pray that you do not turn your back on the love and comfort that God is holding out to you through this hardship.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Jenwitemi(m): 7:49am On Apr 18, 2012
God is not man but is a HE? Brain fart, that.
misssexy u: First of all i am really sorry for your great loss,take heart.God knows best HE knows why it happened.I completely feel your grief. Have in mind that God loves you. God is not man,his ways are different, we cannot question him. Please take it easy on yourself.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Jenwitemi(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2012
Kpele o! No be God's fault. Shyte just happens daily. If no be your family members, e go be the ones of others. Death happens on daily basis. It is the fault of religions like christianity that teaches it's congregation that Christians are immune to sudden death simply by being Christians. A complete and utter bullocks. Sorry for the losses sha.
butterflyy: I was brought up to believe that if our earthly father could give us bread n not stone when we ask of it, hw much more our heavenly father n everything ask in His name will b granted, well he just disappointed me
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by bigd4050: 8:32am On Apr 18, 2012
Jenwitemi: God is not man but is a HE? Brain fart, that.

God is not man, he is God. Yet the Bible quotes him as a male, so that's where it comes from.

And I agree with you that Christians think they are protected against bad things because they believe in God. That's just not the case. Like you said...happens to everyone.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by rastamouse: 8:39am On Apr 18, 2012
Goshen360: Well, If you have made up your mind but before you step down from God, listen to my story.

Goshen, you have my sympathy on the loss of your sisters. Our LORD will surely reward you for your strength and steadfastness!
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by misssexyu(f): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
Jenwitemi: God is not man but is a HE? Brain fart, that.
why dont you focus on the main topic? is this necessary? try to sympathize with our dear sister.

1 Like

Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by bigd4050: 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
misssexy u:
why dont you focus on the main topic? is this necessary? try to sympathize with our dear sister.

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by Jenwitemi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
Perhaps, that's because MEN wrote the texts in the book?
bigd4050:

God is not man, he is God. Yet the Bible quotes him as a male, so that's where it comes from.

And I agree with you that Christians think they are protected against bad things because they believe in God. That's just not the case. Like you said...happens to everyone.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by bigd4050: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
Jenwitemi: Perhaps, that's because MEN wrote the texts in the book?

False.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by LogicMind: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2012
see the christians coming out of their holes to give "condolence".
that is what they are very good at because you are in a vulneration situation.
they seem good whereas they are the main cause of the problem.
op you are mourning your loved ones but wetin concern god with their death?
if you actually investigate you'll find out that their death may have been caused by either poor road/vehicle maintenace/condition or bad driving or drunk driver etc. nothing to do with an invisible sky man.
sorry for your loss.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by jagunlabi(m): 11:20am On Apr 19, 2012
Are you sure that jenwitemi is fase here? I don't think he is for if it were women who wrote all those texts in the bible, the bible god would've been a SHE and she would've had a son and a DAUGHTER.
bigd4050:

False.
Re: Well, There Is No God That Is Loving by bigd4050: 5:32am On Apr 20, 2012
jagunlabi: Are you sure that jenwitemi is fase here? I don't think he is for if it were women who wrote all those texts in the bible, the bible god would've been a SHE and she would've had a son and a DAUGHTER.

Instead of just telling me what you think, why don't you tell me something with facts or maybe even something logical? Was this statement supposed to convince of something? Show me some proof.

(1) (Reply)

Manny Pacquiao Uses Bible To Rebuke Obama’s Support For Gay Marriage / A Prophet Prophecied The Death Of Ghanian President Prior To His Death? / Miami Church Brands Members With "666" Tattoos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.