Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,465 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:56 AM

Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer (5329 Views)

World's Third Richest Man, Warren Buffett Loses $2billion In Two Days / Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion / 10 Money Management Lessons We Can Learn From Warren Buffett (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by mukina2: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2012
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has been diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer, but said in a statement to his company's shareholders that the condition was "not remotely life-threatening".

The 81-year-old chairman of the Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate said in a letter to shareholders that the two-month radiation treatment he and his doctors planned to start in mid-July would restrict his travel but should not otherwise affect his routine.

"I feel great, as if I were in my normal excellent health," said Buffett.

Buffett, one of the world's richest people, was diagnosed on 11 April and has since undergone a CAT scan, bone scan and MRI. He said the tests showed no indication of cancer elsewhere in his body.

Buffett's stake in Berkshire Hathaway was worth $44.6bn as of Tuesday's closing prices before the announcement.

In February Buffett told shareholders that Berkshire's board had chosen someone to succeed him as chief operating officer in the future and he said there were two backup candidates as well.

The tycoon said the unnamed chosen successor and back-ups had not been told they were in line to take over the company.

Buffett has previously said his son Howard, a member of Berkshire's board, would make an ideal chairman.

Buffett's success as an investor and straight-talking style have made him a well-known figure in the US, where his name has recently been associated with Barack Obama's plans to raise taxes for the wealthy , supported by Buffett but blocked this week by the US Senate.

Despite his wealth, Buffett still works in his hometown of Omaha and lives in a house he bought in 1958.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, as more than 241,000 new cases are expected to be diagnosed in the United States this year.

Source
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by ZUBY77(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2012
Steve Jobs died and we are still here. Who cares. His shares are in hundreds of dollars which we cannot afford. Here we are wasting our mtn daily data plan sympathising with a man who can go to moon

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by JAZES(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2012
At 81 and such great achievement, i dont think buffet has nothing to be
afraid of. He has lived a fulfilled life and touched so many lives directly and otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Canisma(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2012
Lack of sex,
lack of sex,
lack of sex.
They say this is one of the major causes of prostate cancer.
Those that advocate no sex should know this. EVERY MAN MUST FIND A WAY TO EASE THOSE DORMANT SEMENS IN HIS BODY. They can be dangerous.
Sex is no doubt, good to the body.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by dammizz(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2012
Ehya! Seun must be very unhappy right now
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by violent(m): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2012
ZUBY77: Steve Jobs died and we are still here. Who cares. His shares are in hundreds of dollars which we cannot afford. Here we are wasting our mtn daily data plan sympathising with a man who can go to moon

What a pathetic piglet! Steve and Warren have both contributed more to the world than all the individuals from your entire family tree combined.

4 Likes

Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by emsquare(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2012
ZUBY77: Steve Jobs died and we are still here. Who cares. His shares are in hundreds of dollars which we cannot afford. Here we are wasting our mtn daily data plan sympathising with a man who can go to moon

Why You dey vex! Aspire to be Great fellow.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by pistol: 9:41am On Apr 18, 2012
Get well soon my role model.

I know a lot of scavengers are on d prowl waiting for him to kick the bucket so that they can balkanise his wealth.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2012
violent:

What a pathetic piglet! Steve and Warren have both contributed more to the world than all the individuals from your entire family tree combined.

That's too harsh.
2 wrongs dont make a right
his entire family tree,on top wetin?
ki lagbe ki lo ju?
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by consultmartins(m): 9:48am On Apr 18, 2012
Prostrate cancer, heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, etc are diseases usually suffered by rich entrepreneurs and CEOs. Why? The reason is because they work their ass-off. Imagine Steve Jobs, working for Apple until he breathe his last breath. See Warren Buffett, running Berkshire at 81. To these men, it's has never been about the money. It's about the passion. They are so passionate about their businesses that they sometimes work 80 hours per week; shuffling between family, business, meetings, etc, while paying little attention to their health. I admire their passion, if only they will pay a little attention to their health.

P.S: Do you know how many hours SEUN sat in front of his computer while running Nairaland in its early days. Don't be surprised that he may suffer from eye problems in the future......*Just joking*..... But I am also guilty of this; staring at my laptop screen for many hours daily......

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Shinatu: 10:03am On Apr 18, 2012
[b][/b]
Canisma: Lack of sex,
lack of sex,
lack of sex.
Those that advocate no sex should know this. EVERY MAN MUST FIND A WAY TO EASE THOSE DORMANT SEMENS IN HIS BODY. They can be dangerous.

Who says? a leaflet I brought back from the Hospital sometime ago quoted early sex as one of the causes of PC
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by blaksril(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2012
violent:

Don't mind the stupid i.diot. A man that is giving away mre than half of his wealth in order to better humanity is fatally ill nd dat cretin has nothing but foolishness to spew. Thnks for putting him nd his generations in their place
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 18, 2012
Canisma: Lack of sex,
lack of sex,
lack of sex.
This is wrong, I am in the field of prostate treatment and too much sex has a hand in it, the man is old and its quite natural, if he were 40, then it will be strange. I have seen patients in their 30's and they usually have a promiscuous life often haven treated one form of STD or the other in the past.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by ABsI1: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by ABsI1: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2012
By some of u pples posts,ive come to d conclusion dat its evidence of ur very nasty foundations&upbringing.will u say d same thing if it was ur father?probably u neva had a father
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by antartica(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2012
Almost 1 in 4 westerners have cancer these days and it all boils down to the toxic chemical they shove down their bodies in the form of food,drugs,drinks,cosmetics,cleaning agents and even socalled airfresners. All those things are designed to kill humans slowly but surely,just like they kill the even tougher germs,pests and bacteria.

We can not disassociate ourselves from nature as if we are aliens on mother earth,the more we run away from what we are,the more vulnerable we become. They have to be profound balance between being clean,mass acquisition(production) and being stupid.

1 Like

Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2012
This man has impacted the world in no little way and i especially like his himility. Despite having all he has, he still lives in a three bedroom apartment in Omaha, Nebraska.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by cowgurl: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2012
ZUBY77: Steve Jobs died and we are still here. Who cares. His shares are in hundreds of dollars which we cannot afford. Here we are wasting our mtn daily data plan sympathising with and admiring a man who can go to moon
Fixed.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by member479760: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2012
"Despite his wealth, Buffett still works in his hometown of Omaha and lives in a house he bought in 1958."
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by knowledge4(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2012
He is an old man already.
Will he live here forever?
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Bearshare(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2012
antartica: Almost 1 in 4 westerners have cancer these days and it all boils down to the toxic chemical they shove down their bodies in the form of food,drugs,drinks,cosmetics,cleaning agents and even socalled airfresners. All those things are designed to kill humans slowly but surely,just like they kill the even tougher germs,pests and bacteria.

We can not disassociate ourselves from nature as if we are aliens on mother earth,the more we run away from what we are,the more vulnerable we become. They have to be profound balance between being clean,mass acquisition(production) and being stupid.

Most educative post ever! thanks bro...just learnt a thing and more...
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by chrishenzo: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2012
knowledge4: He is an old man already.
Will he live here forever?

Yes you are right, no one lives forever but you have to show some sympathy. He is someone's loved one for God's sake! Next time such thinking come across your mind, consider visiting www.chrisvicmall.com, to buy present to your love one or send free sms to your love one, believe me it will help you release some daily stress. Do it several times a day, believe me, you will be on the right track on loving thyself and thy neigbour.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by antartica(m): 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
Bearshare:

Most educative post ever! thanks bro...just learnt a thing and more...

Bruv,oyinbos are smart but not very clever. Dont be taken in by all that u see,most of them are like white sepulchers,flashy and beautiful outside but rotten and deadly inside. Just imagine women that slice their breast open and attach some artificial lumps all in the name of beauty. How du.mb can that be?

Like what is happening in france now,most of those lumps are cancerous and can never be compactible with d body,especially something as delicate as breast.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
It is a sad news. I hear it on the news this morning.
Re: Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer by oladayo042: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
Steve Jobs, Bobby Hope and Johnny Cash have left us. is Warren Buffett also leaving gradually?

(1) (Reply)

Exxonmobil, Taleveras, Ophir Win Oil Blocks In Equatorial Guinea / The SCAMMING Schemes Of Krixmas Logistics / Www.fmptr.com Is A Scam Site. Be Warned....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.