Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj (12126 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Where To Buy Soul Funk Disco Records In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by kelvincoll(m): 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dbanj is getting blessed and y'all are stressing yourself ? cheesy cheesy

Blessed u say? too early to judge but i wish him well
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by KINGwax(m): 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
hamsky: lets see who signs don Jazzy
which kind mockery be this na?
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by agiboma(f): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
good for him lol mr, oliver twist
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by lanreSamson: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
Just been to the website. No news about the record label signing d'banj.
www.mercuryrecords.com
[url]been to the website. no news about the record label signing d'banj.
www.mercuryrecords.com
[/url]been to the website. no news about the record label signing d'banj.
www.mercuryrecords.com

I no know where una dey get una story from. if however it is true, I am happy for d'banj.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by osasp(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
i dont think either of them will ever be as appealing without the other.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Basics007: 1:51am On Apr 21, 2012
Anytime anybody mention this illuminati thing i remember DonJazzy response in HHW. He said 'you people didnt even first give me ogboni or Nigerian wizard,you just promoted me to illuminati like that!'. Amusing.
As for D'banj i hope he makes somethin out of this contract. As any idol winner will tell you it's not about signing the contract but deliverin on it.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Mentcee(m): 5:08am On Apr 21, 2012
chucky234: I have been wondering what genre of music Dbanj will record in the US and UK,because as far as I know Oliver Twist kind of sound will certainly not appeal to vast majority of US/UK fans.
Signing contract is one thing staying relevant and bringing returns to your record label is another,let wait as time will tell.
@Chuck, i agree wif you and am inclined to add that i truly do not consider the chap a good singer of international standard; forget the Mo'hits crew hype and the Snoop Dorggy stunt etc. Really, he is a star and i matter of fact enjoy his songs more than any other nigerian musician but his lyrics are just tailored for the local audience and i cant imagine him singing a song that can stand on its own shorn of the regular "oshe" and studio enhancements thats his hall/trademarks. He does not have a good voice such as for e.g was displayed recently by the Naija Idol contestants. Period.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2012
Na wa o! I'm tired of this illuminati story Abeg. So now anybody wey over hammer don turn illuminati? Jeeeeeeez! @Chuck and Mentcee, I thought about that, but it's actually not 2 hard to tailor his flow...kudos D'banj!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by sandysprax(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2012
silibaba:

fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool angry

A Giant one at that bro.Imagine the fool's comment "Life's too short to be unnecessarily and cautiously pious blah blah blah".Thats exactly the word St Augustine in the bible will use to describe this dude's ignorance...Fooolish!

Mr. Globe:

DBanj was NEVER signed to GOOD Music you silly tribalist with your red oil brain. Go to GOOD MUSIC's website and show me Dbanjs name there... am waiting. While will I hate an artist who is neither a singer nor a rapper? Is that the best yoruba can offer? Oliver twist is hot today because of an Igbo mans production. Always stealing credits

Some pple do not just deserve ur precious time my bro.The topic was about a Nigerian artist and the foolish tribalist/racist if in the international arena is mentioning "Yoruba" here.As far as i'm concerned,Nigerian music is just "BEATS" which was what made oliver twist a hit here in the UK and we owe that to the producer, Don Jazzy who is humbly Ibo if tribe must come into it...It's quite danceable and Europeans are party pple.

BTW, who says D'banj is the best to come outta Africa? Is he better than Peter, Paul & Jude Engees OKOYE of P Square...The keyword there is OKOYE, Ibo sons.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by ajaniade1: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2012
i just find this debate interesting. People are already acting like dban'j is some strange allien from mars.I have said it and will continue to say it. The deal with kanye west will not end well. Its not a curse. You just wait and see.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by bellony: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2012
i dont no why we africans re so concern about d consipracy theory called illuminati... Cos people re succesful u start callind dem names... Do u no dr is church of satan in ameriica and memebers of d church worship openly.... And becos of our own voddo based life in africa we talkin more abt illuminati dan d americans wetin be our own self....dr hav bin artist ind d past dat re mor famous dan jazy and co.. Elvis persly, beattles, mj and co... And for dbanj alow d boi to liv hes live d way he thinks is okay for him after all he dosent tell u wat to eat in ur house and its ur choice to either listen or not listen to his good or bad music....haters elo wahse she
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by bellony: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2012
sandysprax:

A Giant one at that bro.Imagine the fool's comment "Life's too short to be unnecessarily and cautiously pious blah blah blah".Thats exactly the word St Augustine in the bible will use to describe this dude's ignorance...Fooolish!

Some pple do not just deserve ur precious time my bro.The topic was about a Nigerian artist and the foolish tribalist/racist if in the international arena is mentioning "Yoruba" here.As far as i'm concerned,Nigerian music is just "BEATS" which was what made oliver twist a hit here in the UK and we owe that to the producer, Don Jazzy who is humbly Ibo if tribe must come into it...It's quite danceable and Europeans are party pple.

BTW, who says D'banj is the best to come outta Africa? Is he better than Peter, Paul & Jude Engees OKOYE of P Square...The keyword there is OKOYE, Ibo sons.
junkies lik u among hausas igbo and yoruba sud be buried in alive
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by sandysprax(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
bellony: junkies lik u among hausas igbo and yoruba sud be buried in alive

Whatever man....Mayor of loserville. I joined Mr Globe in condemning the tribalist post by shymmex and u are all over me, u silly cu.nt!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
Nice one. Congrats to Dbanj..
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by iloike(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2012
chucky234: I have been wondering what genre of music Dbanj will record in the US and UK,because as far as I know Oliver Twist kind of sound will certainly not appeal to vast majority of US/UK fans.
Signing contract is one thing staying relevant and bringing returns to your record label is another,let wait as time will tell.
YES ooooooooo.....
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by okeybenjamin: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
Whatever the reason behind the don jazzy/dbanj behind split up it is quite ridiculous but sadly typical that most of us would relate to tribalism because one's ibo and the other yoruba, we never really had this issue when they both kept releasing songs we all loved. Don jazzy isn't some regular producer who all of a sudden doesn't deserve enough credit for the success of mohits, and dbanj is still one of our most entertaining musicians. What saddens me is the fact that as long as they are apart it'll never be the same.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by deb(m): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2012
The guy is moving forward haters are vexing when they should be doing something meaningful with their own lives
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by ememonl(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
For those of you who still dont believe that the illuminati has a hand in the fast rise of D'banj; Kanye west did say on stage in one of his live performances;

"I sold my soul to the devil, i know its a crapy deal but it got me a decent meal and a few toys"

So do you think the devil who now controls Kanye Jazzy who openly prays to god masson and calls christians fools for believing in God, will allow D'banj to just come and make his money and fame without selling his soul. Thats just like selling ur car without collecting money from the buyer. Wait and wacht D'banj, he will become so famous and untouchable that u wont believe it. By the time the demon starts possesing him his performance will become spectacular, just like Beyonce was possesed by a demon called sasha firece that performs through her on stage. (Beyonce said so herself on an oprah winfre show).

Guys open your eyes, The illuminati, Free masson, Brotherhood of bones and skulls etc are real and thesame. And it started long before the bible was written. Remember when Jesus had just finished fasting for 40 days and nights, well that was the first documented evidence of the use of fame by satan to decieve humanity. What he told Jesus was after taking him to a high mountain was, "Bow down and worship me and i will give you all the kingdoms of the earth" simply put, fame and riches. the devil is still using that simple trick to decieve many. Brethren beware.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Jonzi(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2012
am afraid dis guy is no more part of us(nigeria tinz) but goin into anoda world (Illuminati). I pray he realise dis b4 its too late. Cos all dis pple mention are illuminati. (confirmed frm goggle nd a reliable source). Cos rememba dis yoruba proverb "a goat d@ walks wit a dog must also eat feaces"...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Ife Wa Gbona Ft Leo Wonder / Meaning Of Bobo Me Song By Ada / Do Me Vs Kukere - Which Was The Bigger HIT In Nigeria & Across Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.