Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10525219 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10648) (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) ... (19165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:09am On Dec 29, 2020
User09:

Nope.

Same Mourinho that would always use Ozil.

Same one that bought Fabregas. As defensive as Jose is, he never plays with his creative channels

Lampard is not setting up any team to deal with the inadequacies. Infact he's doing the opposite. 2 years later, We still do not know what Lampards playing pattern or coaching philosophy is

When are you guys gonna say things for what they are regardless of your favorites.

JM never used Ozil in the PL. And Fabregas was not lazy. He was also press-resistant. As of now, Havertz doesn't look to be either of those - hard working and press-resistant.

At this point, Havertz cannot even match Dele Alli's non-existent work-rate, and you think he will come into a JM PL side?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Herbiedeen(m): 12:15am On Dec 29, 2020
NewDelhi:

Asides from the game against westham, I don't think any other Mason mount corners have been met with a goal. See as ziyech dey whip his crosses and corners in now that's how to play a corner not lobbing it to drop it from the sky like it's manner from heaven.
the same mount that has 3 assists from set-piece?? or which one?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:16am On Dec 29, 2020
Our play is still cross and nod. Nothing has changed.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:

I wonder when you will man up and say things the way they are. Lampard bought Harvetz and its up to him to get to best out of his players.

From what I read in the summer, the board bought Havertz and not Lampard. If a player doesn't have it, they don't have it. No matter how many managers tried to get the best out of Pogba or Pepe, it is up to them to work hard. Havertz won't come good this season. Maybe next season he might improve if he takes time to reflect on the demands of the league he's in and what it takes to succeed in it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SyIvalord: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2020
So I was scrolling through the Chelsea subreddit on Reddit so I can lick the salt from their tears and I found some very funny posts. I have been laughing nonstop. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SyIvalord: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2020
That guy said combo breaker grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

From what I read in the summer, the board bought Havertz and not Lampard. If a player doesn't have it, they don't have it. No matter how many managers tried to get the best out of Pogba or Pepe, it is up to them to work hard. Havertz won't come good this season. Maybe next season he might improve if he takes time to reflect on the demands of the league he's in and what it takes to succeed in it.
I'm sure we can find some here who would say they read otherwise and please don't start another "Enemalo" discuss here. lol.
Yes they (the players) have to work hard but you certainly can't absolve Lampard of any blame here which is what you are trying to do.
Besides, this is not even specifically about Havertz, I think the team lacks consistency and that is up to the manager. That is the koko.

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2020
nateevs:

JM never used Ozil in the PL. And Fabregas was not lazy. He was also press-resistant. As of now, Havertz doesn't look to be either of those - hard working and press-resistant.

At this point, Havertz cannot even match Dele Alli's non-existent work-rate, and you think he will come into a JM PL side?

Lol

No further comments
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:32am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:
I'm sure we can find some here who would say they read otherwise and please don't start another "Enemalo" discuss here. lol.
Yes they (the players) have to work hard but you certainly can't absolve Lampard of any blame here which is what you are trying to do.
Besides, this is not even specifically about Havertz, I think the team lacks consistency and that is up to the manager. That is the koko.

lol. What I read was not your usual lazy journalism where they say "such and such manager wants to sign X player even though the player may be a youth player the manager never even thought about". It was an in-depth report about the ins-and-outs of the transfer, how Chelsea technical team have been scouting him for 3 years and feel he is a generational talent that they don't want to escape into the hands of other big clubs and how the pandemic put Chelsea in a financial position other big clubs can't match at this moment so they felt they had to go for him now or risk losing him. It also detailed how Frank was resistant to the idea, deeming it unnecessary and telling the board that Rice was more necessary instead, but in the end said OK since the technical team and board are behind the Havertz signing, no wahala. Those are the sort of detailed reports I pay attention to, not your usual lazy transfer rumours. I wish I could find that report now.

Yes, we are inconsistent, but those are mostly to do with injuries, and having to fit in incongruent players like Havertz into a system. We were flying on a 17 match unbeaten run until Ziyech got injured, compounded by simultaneous injury to Odoi and return of Havertz from Covid which turned our midfield that was working well in his absence to rubbish.

As for those saying cross and nod is our tactics, isn't that what they accuse Liverpool of. The fact is that when a team sit in low block, the most likely way to penetrate them is by your fullbacks as that's the only area of the pitch with space. This is somewhat compounded by lack of a mobile and powerful striker that can offer other options. Cavani would have been perfect in that regard. You can't play ball into Abrahams feet to build an attack through the centre without him tripping over, likewise you can't give Giroud a ball in behind or slightly wide to drag players out of position.

These are the tactical considerations that we think of when watching the game, not just joining in scattergun criticism that has no head or tail.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SyIvalord: 1:40am On Dec 29, 2020
gringrin

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:39am On Dec 29, 2020
KingAlabi:
Airmark don abandon im thread

What a coward angry

The Oluweri no get shame. He has disappeared into an ocean of despair.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:
This ref has given them everything this match including the equaliser

Hot juicy, juicy tears of despair.

Oh! The agony!

The Agony!!

THE AGONY!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:44am On Dec 29, 2020
BikeMan:
*sigh

Another top 4 race. After breaking the fvcking bank!

This one no go face him okada work.

Better go and find money to buy real food. Draw soup no be food o.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:47am On Dec 29, 2020
macjireh:
Aston villa are doing strong head now...by next season,, they will be struggling with relegation

Thank you Mr Gboromiro.

You should focus on Kayswitch and Sisi Andy that are both struggling with balance.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:50am On Dec 29, 2020
Smellymouth:
wernemighty is going to score more than 20 goals in EPL.. cheesy

Ziyech is better than Bruno..

Havertz can play in every position upfront..

Lampard is better than Ole .

Marina is better than Woody .. cheesy

We are wining the league.. grin

I sure say that Grifool go dey among them. Moronic pseudo intellectual conspiracy theorist.

grin

Marina no wear pant, Marina no wear pant, dem no reason am say na finger dem dey finger am for negotiation table. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:57am On Dec 29, 2020
KingAlabi:
So United have two games in hand and are still one point above Chelsea

Roman Abramovic dey eBay now dey order carton of pant for Marina.

Eneke the bird said since men have learned to shoot without missing he has learned to fly without perching.

Alatise lo mo atise ara re.

Once fingered twice shy.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 4:00am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 4:26am On Dec 29, 2020
KingAlabi:
Airmark don abandon im thread

What a coward angry
Frank Lampard been serving him L

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

Roman Abramovic dey eBay now dey order carton of pant for Marina.

Eneke the bird said since men have learned to shoot without missing he has learned to fly without perching.

Alatise lo mo atise ara re.

Once fingered twice shy.

I even heard say aboniki na him Leverkusen use lubricate Marina CMS Costain before dem finger am

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 5:43am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

cheesy

DaddyWater........ LMFAO!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 5:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

lol. What I read was not your usual lazy journalism where they say "such and such manager wants to sign X player even though the player may be a youth player the manager never even thought about". It was an in-depth report about the ins-and-outs of the transfer, how Chelsea technical team have been scouting him for 3 years and feel he is a generational talent that they don't want to escape into the hands of other big clubs and how the pandemic put Chelsea in a financial position other big clubs can't match at this moment so they felt they had to go for him now or risk losing him. It also detailed how Frank was resistant to the idea, deeming it unnecessary and telling the board that Rice was more necessary instead, but in the end said OK since the technical team and board are behind the Havertz signing, no wahala. Those are the sort of detailed reports I pay attention to, not your usual lazy transfer rumours. I wish I could find that report now.

Yes, we are inconsistent, but those are mostly to do with injuries, and having to fit in incongruent players like Havertz into a system. We were flying on a 17 match unbeaten run until Ziyech got injured, compounded by simultaneous injury to Odoi and return of Havertz from Covid which turned our midfield that was working well in his absence to rubbish.

As for those saying cross and nod is our tactics, isn't that what they accuse Liverpool of. The fact is that when a team sit in low block, the most likely way to penetrate them is by your fullbacks as that's the only area of the pitch with space. This is somewhat compounded by lack of a mobile and powerful striker that can offer other options. Cavani would have been perfect in that regard. You can't play ball into Abrahams feet to build an attack through the centre without him tripping over, likewise you can't give Giroud a ball in behind or slightly wide to drag players out of position.

These are the tactical considerations that we think of when watching the game, not just joining in scattergun criticism that has no head or tail.
Summary - yes, lets blame everything and everyone else. The manager has nothing to do with it. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 5:44am On Dec 29, 2020
cheesy

Una sha want find Oil for London. Lampard and em Boys sabi drill ground no be small. Slowly but surely una go reach Bottom...... LMAO!

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Oasis007:

cheesy

DaddyWater........ LMFAO!

The pappywater dey very wicked. With his experience he should be volunteering to help Lampfraud navigate these troubled waters but e no dey like help anybody.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Expert17:
STAT ATTACK | Bruno Fernandes breaks Frank Lampard's record in the #PL for most goal contributions by a midfielder in a calendar year (30). Frank Lampard (29) in 2009!

Ooops sorry wrong thread.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:05am On Dec 29, 2020
raumdeuter:

I even heard say aboniki na him Leverkusen use lubricate Marina CMS Costain before dem finger am

Nah. I heard they used Vegebom. They did an Abedi Pele on her. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 6:08am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

The pappywater dey very wicked. With his experience he should be volunteering to help Lampfraud navigate these troubled waters but e no dey like help anybody.

cheesy

Lord of Ocean dey relax em mind, while Lampy Head dey on Spike..... LMFAO!

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 6:31am On Dec 29, 2020
I could substitute your tears for Christmas rice kiss

Long may these hard times and woes lasts a lifetime kiss

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

Nah. I heard they used Vegebom. They did an Abedi Pele on her. cheesy
u be real old gee.
I remember that famous 1995 advert...

I use vegebom before and after each training session - abedi Pele grin

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:01am On Dec 29, 2020
lekkie073:
u be real old gee.
I remember that famous 1995 advert...

I use vegebom before and after each training session - abedi Pele grin

LOL na so. I think it was for African Nations Cup, Tunisia 94 i believe.

I use vegebom before and after each match and training session.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2020
TalabiAudu:

If God gives some humans supernatural powers to determine who can die and live, and I happen to be one of those with the powers, players like Jorginho, Alonso, Kepa won't be alive, I swear.

Yes, I mean it.

Did you notice that Azpi was rushing to cover Jorginho's man when villa crossed the ball. The man Azpi left scored
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:28am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:

Summary - yes, lets blame everything and everyone else. The manager has nothing to do with it. undecided

Baba, just blame me for pairing Christensen with Rudiger in a must win game. Blame some more for not realizing how useless Jorginho is. Forgive me, I thought he was Yaya Toure.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 6ixT8: 7:46am On Dec 29, 2020
TalabiAudu:

Sir. You are just giving excuses.

Even you will do a better job than Lampard at management, no cap.

I think Lampard was your favorite player. cheesy You are very attached, you don't want to criticize him, because I've seen you for years in this thread criticize managers rightfully..

Lampard is still many of us favorite player and legend.
That we don't want him as a manager is not we hate super Frank Lampard.

If you start your peppering barkabots with Lampard >>>>> Iniesta argument, we will still support you cheesy

But right now, he needs to learn, he can't use Chelsea to learn work, NO.

He didn't even reply you directly, but shift goal post. grin
You will never find the keyword "Lampard" in all is critics because of his sentimental attachment.
You just said everything about his relationship with Lampard.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10648) (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) ... (19165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GiftOfLyf, MorataFC, airmark(m), DammyOlu123(m), ThanosKilla(m), Ibunkun1(m), ixyi(m), popizaino(m), Puntingnoob and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.