Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10482759 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11051) (11052) (11053) (11054) (11055) (11056) (11057) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:12am On Mar 09, 2021
kushercain:

DonbabaJ the safety officer, always sowing future "I told you so" seeds alaye rest jare
My friend, don't be mischievous this night. You guy's always always do this. Once the new manager starts over performing, you guys start over hyping and the minute we hit the inevitable rough patch, you become reactionary and the first to call for his head. Looking at the comments here, one would think tuchel is a magician who has magically transformed the team overnight, even though the team performed very similarly earlier in the season.

I hate seeing us repeat this dramatic cycle every year. When we do hit that rough patch, you will still see the same people now over hyping tuchel calling for his head. At this stage we must calm down and continue observing him not calling him a "gem". Not right now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2021
Emaprince:
So havertz is now playing 9?

Anyway, thats good for him as the availability of mount in the midfield means he needs a seat belt at the bench.

It would be nice if he do well as a false 9 with great out put. No one should bring him close to the midfield again. We don't need passengers.

Nice result BTW

Not true.

The role Kai played today was also played by Mount in previous matches under TT.

If you pay attention you would notice that the front three mostly rotate during the play. Kai rotated with Timo today and played as an inverted winger when Pulisic came on. Only when he uses double 10's do we notice who the lone CF is

Mount has not played in midfield under TT and there's no single evidence that supports TT seeing him in the midfield in the long term. Some of us pay attention to these things. Stop spinning stuff to further ur agenda of Mount.

If anything this just proves Kai can also play as a false 9 alongside a 10

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2021
donjazet:

My friend, don't be mischievous this night. You guy's always always do this. Once the new manager starts over performing, you guys start over hyping and the minute we hit the inevitable rough patch, you become reactionary and the first to call for his head. Looking at the comments here, one would think tuchel is a magician who has magically transformed the team overnight, even though the team performed very similarly earlier in the season.

I hate seeing us repeat this dramatic cycle every year. When we do hit that rough patch, you will still see the same people now over hyping tuchel calling for his head. At this stage we must calm down and continue observing him not calling him a "gem". Not right now.
No need to be emotional bro, let people react the way they like. That aside, it’s the way we play now that really gladdens my heart, the players know what to do with ball and game plan is well structured and visible for us all to see.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by khia: 4:06am On Mar 09, 2021
ShadowCracker:
Havertz was class today.
Hudson-Odoi was also class.
Kovacic was shit as usual.
Bro Chris is improving cool.

airmark when will Pulisic leave your toilet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

What do you mean by your signature, the voices?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:32am On Mar 09, 2021
donjazet:

Please i beg you guys to stop with this hype.
Tuchel did not just come around and wave a magic wand and automatically solve our problems. Mind you we still have a goal scoring problem.
This team is still in that phase where all players rise above their skillset in order to impress the new manager. Tuchel himself is still studying the team, chopping and changing systems and personnel to see the right fit and very fortunately for us, we are getting the right results. I remember sarri and lampard also having very similar experiences and people hyping them up and setting expectations.

Tuchel looks very promising but our run of form is not only down to him. Our squad is capable of going on a winning run even without a manager.
The last thing we need to do now is to start over hyping tuchel. We can only truly assess him at the end of the season.

Did you type this epistle when Lampard's urchins tried to make all of us look silly due to our perceived lack of patience during our unbeaten run...

Even when Lampard was going on winning streaks, us with a very keen eye for tactics and footballing philosophy saw the conspicuous signs of cluelessness in our play.... But some folks here went on with the hype. A manager that made us think most of our players were daft. How could I have known that Jorginho isn't as bad as he made him become; as bad as some rugby football analyst here made us believe he is.

You could have been correct if you said that Chelsea would have been better off without a manager than letting Lampard get in the way of our match-day selection. A manager who did not just use the clown Abraham against Tottenham, but also refused to sub him off. A Manager whose approach to games exposed our player's weaknesses than strength. Lampard wasn't coaching us, he was simply getting in the way -- he was slowing us down. He should have apologized to us after he was shoved aside as an obstacle that he was.

So, please stop trying to downplay TT's hype (Not overhype); that his the least he deserves for not just being tactically astute, but also being a good man-manager.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 6:42am On Mar 09, 2021
khia:

What do you mean by your signature, the voices?
Nah not what your thinking shocked, it is just some bars in a song I copied cool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTRR: 6:42am On Mar 09, 2021
When I was talking about sacking lampard as early as possible, some Chelsea fans on this thread were calling it an abominable act.

A lot of football analysts here that can't analyse anything.

Imagine all the points we would have gained if Chelsea pulled the trigger on time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Emaprince:
So havertz is now playing 9?

Anyway, thats good for him as the availability of mount in the midfield means he needs a seat belt at the bench.

It would be nice if he do well as a false 9 with great out put. No one should bring him close to the midfield again. We don't need passengers.

Nice result BTW

Clowns like you made us believe that players like Jorginho is a passenger. When I decided to look past his frail physique which isn't his fault, I found out that he has more defensive awareness and positioning than even Kante and Kovacic -- an attribute which highlights footballing intelligence than raw energy. ( Difference between Thiago Silva and Zouma).

All players can not posses the same amount of energy. A player who lacks energy can easily make up for it with his footballing intelligence. As a manager, you just have to find a position that highlights his strength and relatively hides his weakness.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:55am On Mar 09, 2021
smiley

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 2emotional(m): 7:10am On Mar 09, 2021
Jorginho is not getting the praises he deserve. The way he plays these days is so entertaining to watch. Dude is underappreciated or is just me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2021
2emotional:
Jorginho is not getting the praises he deserve. The way he plays these days is so entertaining to watch. Dude is underappreciated or is just me.

I especially like how he turns under pressure. A key skill a DM should have.

His relative lack of pace is his main problem sha, buy no be him fault. Otherwise, he's a very good player. And he sabi pass ball sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 2emotional(m): 7:18am On Mar 09, 2021
BlueMann:

His relative lack of pace is his main problem sha, buy no be him fault. Otherwise, he's a very good player. And he sabi pass ball sha.
True talk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2021
swiz123:

Clowns like you made us believe that players like Jorginho is a passenger. When I decided to look past his frail physique which isn't his fault, I found out that he has more defensive awareness and positioning than even Kante and Kovacic -- an attribute which highlights footballing intelligence than raw energy. ( Difference between Thiago Silva and Zouma).

All players can not posses the same amount of energy. A player who lacks energy can easily make up for it with his footballing intelligence. As a manager, you just have to find a position that highlights his strength and relatively hides his weakness.

This thread is now a comedy.
grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2021
Thecassanova:

Yeah if only he does it every-week

I hope you saw how he was displaced from the ball first half. Christensen to the rescue Everton would’ve scored.

I thought you said Kovacic wouldn't have passed forward when Kante did to Mount against Liverpool.

Now he should be doing it every week. You got served your deseeved L. grin

Thecassanova:
See goal.

Assist by Kante

Kovacic na back pass e go give there

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2021
Donjazet is here again with his hopes that Chelsea team will soon fall, I never see this kind fan before cheesy

Baba even said this team can go on a winning run without a coach, so Tuchel is not doing anything special. WFT! cheesy

We have not conceded any goal at home, we have won Spurs, Liverpool and Atletico keeping clean sheets but this team would have done that anyways, na why everybody dey knack us before we sacked Lampard grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:26am On Mar 09, 2021
swiz123:

You think because you write so much grammar, you can bamboozle us with this utter gibberish?
Jorginho does not possess Ngolo Kante's defensive positions. It is a fact backed up by years of watching these two in their clubs & national teams.
Talk another lie , let us debate on it.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2021
airmark:

This thread is now a comedy.
grin

Just imagine that nonsense.
Is it not the same Jorginho we've been watching for over 3 seasons?
He couldn't hide his contempt for Lampard.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2021
All these people talking about honeymoon period

No coach in the history of football has achieved tuchel's feat at chelsea

We kept clean sheet and dominated major teams

Silva can't even get into the team again, the guy has fixed out team, we will experience difficulty but even when a team beats us, they will know that they were lucky

That's the main thing, once he fixes our attack and goals start flowing in easily, you will understand the kind of manager we now have

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2021
We're back ahhh cry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 8:35am On Mar 09, 2021
BikeMan:
Donjazet is here again with his hopes that Chelsea team will soon fall, I never see this kind fan before cheesy

Baba even said this team can go on a winning run without a coach, so Tuchel is not doing anything special. WFT! cheesy

We have not conceded any goal at home, we have won Spurs, Liverpool and Atletico keeping clean sheets but this team would have done that anyways, na why everybody dey knack us before we sacked Lampard grin
you dey mind them, when tuchel started, they said he hasn't faced any big team

Baba breezed passed big teams, dominating them also and they have changed their gist to honeymoon, the man is good, the team knows what they are doing

They don't counter chelsea, if you think I'm joking watch our games, the players arrange themselves, even when we attack with so many players it's hard to counter us

Tuchel is a good coach, even at maiz it was obvious, I think he will be the first coach that will be forcefully taken from us

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by khia: 8:39am On Mar 09, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Nah not what your thinking shocked, it is just some bars in a song I copied cool.

Ok, you had me concerned. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:41am On Mar 09, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Just imagine that nonsense.
Is it not the same Jorginho we've been watching for over 3 seasons?
He couldn't hide his contempt for Lampard.

Don't mind that effeminate guy jare. That's why when it came to playing Atleti and Manure, Jorg was benched. Building house upon sand that even Jorgis mentor Sarri could not turn us into a consistent side on that foundation. Because we play 3 centrebacks now, everybody weakness is being hidden.

Yes, a good manager accentuates strength and hides weakness but in the long run, you don't get paid to accentuate Rudiger, Jorginho and Alonsos strength while setting up system that weakens Pulisic and Ziyech. Shey na 3-4-3 we go play forever ni?

A prize awaits anyone that can name a team that won UCL playing 3-4-3 in the last 15 years. A system built to accommodate weak players is neither a long term solution, nor a foundation for growth. It's just something to get us through short term in some positions we are glaringly weak in. Even the Tuchel does not routinely play such formation in his career.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Meanwhile Inter got another W yesterday, against a top team.

Scudetto coming closer

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2021
airmark:

I thought you said Kovacic wouldn't have passed forward when Kante did to Mount against Liverpool.

Now he should be doing it every week. You got served your deseeved L. grin

Guy Free me, so far you once use your fingers type this statement at some point, you’ve no more justification. Don’t be an hypocrite.

airmark:

Prime Kovacic has gone, Madrid keep sending us grade b products.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 8:52am On Mar 09, 2021
Ibime:

Don't mind that effeminate guy jare. That's why when it came to playing Atleti and Manure, Jorg was benched. Building house upon sand that even Jorgis mentor Sarri could not turn us into a consistent side on that foundation. Because we play 3 centrebacks now, everybody weakness is being hidden.

Yes, a good manager accentuates strength and hides weakness but in the long run, you don't get paid to accentuate Rudiger, Jorginho and Alonsos strength while setting up system that weakens Pulisic and Ziyech. Shey na 3-4-3 we go play forever ni?

A prize awaits anyone that can name a team that won UCL playing 3-4-3 in the last 15 years. A system built to accommodate weak players is neither a long term solution, nor a foundation for growth. It's just something to get us through short term in some positions we are glaringly weak in. Even the Tuchel does not routinely play such formation in his career.
I have been saying this for weeks now, this formation ruins the game style of ziyech and pullisic, unless chelsea want to build a different kind of team or he is using this to just finish the season then he arranges the team properly but he can't use it for long, it will cause damage in the long run

He has to find a way to play ziyech and pullisic in their preferred position

This team was made for 4231

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2021
CSTRR:
When I was talking about sacking lampard as early as possible, some Chelsea fans on this thread were calling it an abominable act.

A lot of football analysts here that can't analyse anything.

Imagine all the points we would have gained if Chelsea pulled the trigger on time.

When we called for Lampard's head due to his inefficiency, they say we lack patience, called us haters & newbies.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2021
iamJ:
All these people talking about honeymoon period

No coach in the history of football has achieved tuchel's feat at chelsea

We kept clean sheet and dominated major teams

Silva can't even get into the team again, the guy has fixed out team, we will experience difficulty but even when a team beats us, they will know that they were lucky

That's the main thing, once he fixes our attack and goals start flowing in easily, you will understand the kind of manager we now have
BikeMan:

It seems to me like both of you Just started supporting chelsea recently, because if you have, you will know that in the last 4 out of 5 seasons, chelsea have had long spells of unbeaten runs including having even better results against the big sides too in that run.
Beating athletico, man City, spurs and Co is nothing new for us and we have done that while playing very well.

Whatever joy and esteemed pleasure you are having now is nothing we haven't experienced before. The problem Chelsea have always had is how we respond to adversity. We panic once we have a bad spell and we immediately forget the fantastic spell we just experienced under the manager. This is why i now make it my mission to tamper our excitement once we start having these good runs,so that i could condition people's mind to still expect that inevitable dip in form.
I am a fan of managerial stability. I do wish Soo badly that chelsea will envision a long term strategy and be patient enough to see it through, not this scattergun approach we have, but that is impossible with the kind of reactionary fan base we have. One which is over excited when we are winning and over panicked when the form drops.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:28am On Mar 09, 2021
swiz123:

Lampard was never qualified to coach a club like Chelsea, it was due to transfer ban that made Chelsea board to appoint him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2021
BlueMann:

He has always been a good player, he was just getting hate because of Sarri and then Lampard who is an English person(they believe in strength and pace) was appointed. Someone pep wanted before we bought him due to sarri’s influence. Although he is a one system type of player, I.e, ball possession type of player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2021
Ibime:

Conte won the premier league with it on a longer stretch than the UCL and not a short term solution as u say.

Stop trying to undersell Tuchel's performance

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2021
iamJ:
I have been saying this for weeks now, this formation ruins the game style of ziyech and pullisic, unless chelsea want to build a different kind of team or he is using this to just finish the season then he arranges the team properly but he can't use it for long, it will cause damage in the long run

With any formation some players still get dropped in any club. I remember under Mourhino at Madrid Modric was benched by di maria, he was almost leaving then, Ancelotti was appointed, he started benching Di Maria for Modric. Football is like that, not every player work in all tactics. For example, someone like Zyech can’t move the ball for long without spamming those his usual crosses, he disrupt tuchel’s tactics most times with his eager to cross even when he has space to run or beat his marker. Pulisic is off form, he struggle with the grass when running. He can’t run with the ball without falling.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2021
iamJ:

With any formation some players still get dropped in any club. I remember under Mourhino at Madrid Modric was benched by di maria, he was almost leaving then, Ancelotti was appointed, he started benching Di Maria for Modric. Football is like that, not every player work in all tactics. For example, someone like Zyech can’t move the ball for long without spamming those his usual crosses, he disrupt tuchel’s tactics most times with his eager to cross even when he has space to run or beat his marker. Pulisic is off form, he struggle with the grass when running. He can’t run with the ball without falling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11051) (11052) (11053) (11054) (11055) (11056) (11057) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.