Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10519812 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11606) (11607) (11608) (11609) (11610) (11611) (11612) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

This guy found a way to smuggle Thiago Silva into it, Silva that has played one below average season for Chelsea will suddenly make Chelsea best 11

You go don do fayawo for Seme border before abi you are one of those smugglers who roughride tokunbo cars across border

I'm a law abiding citizen I wouldn't do that.

This is not about Bayern Munich it's about Chelsea and I am telling you Thiago silva would have made our team back then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

Bayern post 2010 was stronger than Bayern in the 2000
Barcelona between 2008 and 2016 was stronger than Barcelona of the early 2000
I will say Madrid of the past 10yrs was stronger than Madrid of the 2000s slightly
Man Utd 2006 to 2013 was stronger than Man Utd post 20013
Teams like PSG and City have also gotten stronger

Villareal was not better than Sevilla of recent times
Valencia of those times was not better than Atletico of recent times

I will say Chelsea got weaker if we compare the 2000s vs recent years
While teams like Milan and Arsenal got poorer significantly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2021
monerozi5590:

The Galactico's Era was not successful. Always getting eliminated in the round of 16 for six consecutive seasons.

Because dodgy moves never started back then by Madrid and competition was stiffer in Europe which is exactly Amoto's point.

We are comparing Real Madrid of then and Real Madrid of post 2010. It's like a night and day if you know who De Lima, Zidane, Figo, Roberto Carlos, Beckam were.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2021
The earlier Chelsea start looking for another striker the better for them, else they’ll end up making panic signing by signing Pukki

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2021
swiz123:

The quality of EPL teams in general, not the big 4. But now, other smaller things have been equiped to compete slightly fairly to the bigger teams hence the improved quality of which I talk about.

What am I even saying... It should be glaringly obvious to you that the competition and quality of EPL has improved courtesy of TV right funds.

The more money does not necessarily translate into better players in comparison, all it means is players charge more for salary and other leagues charge more for transfer fees. Europa League performance is still a decent arbiter for the strength of the midtable.

Top players still go to top clubs and mid-level players still go to mid-level clubs. All those Tyrone Ming's, Matt Target and Matty Cash that Aston Villa paid £16-£30m from Championship are no different calibre to Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka that Everton paid £4m for in the 2000s. What of Sylvain Distin and Yobo for £4m? Distin and Lescott as LCB are better than Mings who cost £25m.

Aston Villa are now paying £35m apiece for the Championship best players in Ollie Watkins and Buendia while Spurs picked up Championship best players in Carrick and Defoe for £3m and £7m respectively. The best attacking midfielder in the Championship Tim Cahill will move to Everton for £3m then, today Buendia is costing £33m.

The £20m Villa paid for Traore who was not a sure starter in Lyon is no different than West Ham paying £3m for Freddie Kanoute or Fulham buying Louis Saha.

Spurs back then can pick up a UCL runner up and Bundesliga top striker like Berbatov for £11m, today it will cost £50m, or a Luka Modric for £16m that will cost £40m today. Where they pay £5m for Championships most promising left-back in Gareth Bale then, they are now paying £20m for Sessegnon who is not as good.

Croatia league top scorer and bonafide hitman like Viduka can come to Leeds for £4m, likewise a solid French DM like Olivier Dacourt for £7m who is better than most French DMs moving for £40m today.

Players like Ashley Young and James Milner who Villa would pick for £7m will be charged at £30m today.

Even back then, top legends like Fernando Hierro, Djorkaeff, Okocha and Ivan Campo come to Bolton to play their last three years, nowadays EPL can't afford their salary so they go to China, Qatar, USA.

In other words, the TV money has made no difference to the quality of the midtable. Top players still go to top clubs and midtable pay over the odds for what's left.

There is a difference between experiencing these things and revising them on Wikipedia.

I know for sure you can't be hitting 99 points regularly in EPL back then, much less both Liverpool and City taking 97 and 98 points in the same season. That just means the rest of the league is weaker, or too many teams are trying to be a poor mans Barcelona. Back then, teams like Bolton, Villa, Everton and co will scalp points off those teams with dogged performances, these days even relegation candidates are trying to play like Barcelona and taking 5-0 hammerings.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2021
Some old men wouldn't evolve

Celebrating mediocrity of the past

Dating back to the 1950s

2000s was one the least competitive era of premier league football

Top 4 strandings remained relatively unchanged and the gap between the top teams and the rest was vast

We are looking at real data, that one keeps talking about what he watched

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:
The earlier Chelsea start looking for another striker the better for them, else they’ll end up making panic signing by signing Pukki

If Haaland deal is impossible , we should settle for Kane but that levy na our problem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2021
dyabman:

If Haaland deal is impossible , we should settle for Kane but that levy na our problem.
What of that Everton guy, nobody wan reason am?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
airmark:

Because dodgy moves never started back then by Madrid and competition was stiffer in Europe which is exactly Amoto's point.

We are comparing Real Madrid of then and Real Madrid of post 2010. It's like a night and day if you know who De Lima, Zidane, Figo, Roberto Carlos, Beckam were.

Airmark, what are you saying?... I watched all those guys in Madrid. Beckham and Owen didn't even see quarter final in the UCL with Real Madrid. From2005 to 2010 we didn't cross the round of 16.post 2010 was stronger.

From 2011 to 2021 we made 9 semi finals appearances in the UCL and won 4
From 2000 to 2010, we made 4 semi finals and won 2.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
monerozi5590:

Airmark, what are you saying?... I watched all those guys in Madrid. Beckham and Owen didn't even see quarter final in the UCL with Real Madrid. From2005 to 2010 we didn't cross the round of 16.post 2010 was stronger.

From 2011 to 2021 we made 9 semi finals appearances in the UCL and won 4
From 2000 to 2010, we made 3 semi finals and won 2.

cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
Some old men wouldn't evolve

Celebrating mediocrity of the past

Dating back to the 1950s

2000s was one the least competitive era of premier league football

Top 4 strandings remained relatively unchanged and the gap between the top teams and the rest was vast

We are looking at real data, that one keeps talking about what he watched

Shut up about what you didn't watch you over opinionated Wikipedia eediot.

So going by what you just posted, 1960s should be the best era in English football?

You keep embarrassing yourself by showing your lack of depth, and foolishness of youth.

Go and google something again to fit your loud mouth just cos you won't shut up about what you don't know.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Chelsea dey find striker, these ones dey fight over era of dominance grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
If Chelsea don't sign a striker, Tuchel has to make do with what he has and make them work, Abraham is a good striker he converts a third of the big chances he gets, Giroud is there, the team should learn to produce hundreds of chances.

If our attackers are in form, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz, CHO, Mount, a new striker won't be missed, Liverpool na wingers them rely on. If this players cannot create nor find the net, new striker fit just compound the problem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:
Chelsea dey find striker, these ones dey fight over era of dominance grin cheesy cheesy
his assertions are absurd

Can't back his argument with anything other than the mystic players had and his sentiments
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Ibime:

The more money does not necessarily translate into better players in comparison, all it means is players charge more for salary and other leagues charge more for transfer fees. Europa League performance is still a decent arbiter for the strength of the midtable.

imagine

More money means premier league teams can take good players from other leagues because they can pay more

It means better players

You are not very bright honestly

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
his assertions are absurd

Can't back his argument with anything other than the mystic players had and his sentiments

I actually agree with him that Chelsea had better players then, but I think the league became tougher lately.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
imagine

More money means premier league teams can take good players from other leagues because they can pay more

It means better players

What has money done for PSG and ManCity in Europe for the past 10 years?

Between PSG/ManCity and other Ucl winners for the past 10 years, who has spent much?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

I actually agree with him that Chelsea had better players then, but I think the league became tougher lately.
riddle me this

If it's tougher now, can you say that the past was good when the competition among premier league teams then was minimal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
riddle me this

If it's tougher now, can you say that the past was good when the competition among premier league teams then was minimal?
Bayern has better players now, between now and early 2000s, how will you judge how tough Bundesliga was/is to them?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

What has money done for PSG and ManCity in Europe for the past 10 years?

Between PSG/ManCity and other Ucl winners for the past 10 years, who has spent much?
it elevated them, where was man city before the money? Do you know that man city as a brand is more valuable than chelsea today? Actively competing is a valuable part of the whole thing

it's not necessarily about winning it, being in contention to win it, is a big deal, a player can pick PSG over milan because they know that psg are poised to win it soon

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
imagine

It means better players

Player price inflation outstrips money increase. £23m that bought Ronaldinho in 2003 can't buy you Tyrone Mings today.

It's not a difficult concept to understand unless you are dumb as a dodo, and I gave several examples of better players who sold for ten times less back then. Other leagues also have increased money and more buyers of their players and won't accept peanuts like before. If you like earn N1m monthly today, you cannot afford to buy a house in VI like someone earning the equivalent in the 1990s or 1980s

Go and google again, mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
I don't think you understand what in all competitions means cheesy

You dey catch cruise with me? Or you really don't get?

You keep mentioning all competitions. Is the PL not part of all competitions?

You have nine oranges shared across three baskets. Five in one, three in the other and one in the third. If you remove two from the first basket containing five, leaving you with three in the aforementioned basket, does the total still remain nine oranges? If the number in the first basket reduces by two, will the sum total also not reduce by two?

I am telling you two of the 'nine' assists which Havertz has are actually penalties won, and they don't count as official assists. You dey mention all competitions.

Na wa o. Oga mi

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:
it elevated them, where was man city before the money? Do you know that man city as a brand is more valuable than chelsea today? Actively competing is a valuable part of the whole thing

it's not necessarily about winning it, being in contention to win it, is a big deal, a player can pick PSG over milan because they know that psg are poised to win it soon
ManCity and PSG made 2 Ucl semis in 10 years even after their money.

They’ve spent more than Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and even ATM.

Please explain why they failed to contend for Ucl more than the aforementioned teams. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Mou! cheesy

Good manager need to handle this England team.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
BlueMann:

You dey catch cruise with me? Or you really don't get?

You keep mentioning all competitions. Is the PL not part of all competitions?

You have nine oranges shared across three baskets. Five in one, three in the other and one in the third. If you remove two from the first basket containing five, leaving you with three in the aforementioned basket, does the total still remain nine oranges? If the number in the first basket reduces by two, will the sum total also not reduce by two?

I am telling you two of the 'nine' assists which Havertz has are actually penalties won, and they don't count as official assists. You dey mention all competitions.

Na wa o. Oga mi
add their national team stats, that's why I said all competitions

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:

If you add national team stats, Mount's G/A will bee more than that. He had 18G/A in the regular season.

Even Havertz's G/A will be more than what is there. Unless you're telling me that in all the national team games he played for Germany this season, he had no goals and two assists.

I'm telling you, they're adding penalties won.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:

ManCity and PSG made 2 Ucl semis in 10 years even after their money.

They’ve spent more than Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and even ATM.

Please explain why they failed to contend for Ucl more than the aforementioned teams. cheesy
psg have made it to the semi final repeatedly over the last few seasons, I don't understand what you are talking about, winning the champions league takes more than money, even with all the talent, you still need luck

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
BlueMann:

If you add national team stats, Mount's G/A will bee more than that. He had 18G/A in the regular season.

Even Havertz's G/A will be more than what is there. Unless you're telling me that in all the national team games he played for Germany this season, he had no goals and two assists.

I'm telling you, they're adding penalties won.
have you added them yourself?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Havertz10:

But wait o, u sef no see "for Chelsea" there?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lusid: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
donstan18:
Mou! cheesy

Good manager need to handle this England team.
I see 4-2-4 diamond with two attacking fullbacks bursting forward

(1) (2) (3) ... (11606) (11607) (11608) (11609) (11610) (11611) (11612) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mykcool(m), Caicedobets(m), Black44(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.